Rockies & Alaskan Adventure, 23 Days
Experience the Canadian Rockies by land and the Rocky Mountaineer Rail followed by an Inside Passage cruise to pristine Alaska. Over 23 days experience these wild and beautiful locations.
Day 1: Arrive Victoria.
Welcome to Victoria where you'll be met at the airport and then transferred to your hotel. After time to check in and relax, meet your fellow guests and Tour Director at a Welcome Reception later today.
Day 2: Victoria.
Enjoy a short orientation tour of Victoria before visiting The Butchart Gardens. Among the most famous gardens in the world, The Butchart Gardens are more than a hundred years old and have a distinctive style all of their own. Explore the beautiful plants and floral displays on show.
Day 3: Victoria to Whistler.
Drive to Chemainus before boarding a ferry across the Georgia Strait to Horseshoe Bay. Travel along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway with a stop at Shannon Falls on your way to Whistler. Alternatively, perhaps take a floatplane flight across the Georgia Strait to Whistler (own expense).
Day 4: Whistler to Kamloops.
Journey to Kamloops and enjoy time at leisure to explore.
Day 5: Kamloops to Jasper.
The day ahead promises alpine scenery on your way to fairytale Jasper National Park. En route you'll pass the majestic Mt Robson, which is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, before continuing to the mountain resort town of Jasper.
Day 6: Jasper to Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier to Emerald Lake.
Visit Maligne Canyon. Then travel along the Icefields Parkway, stopping at the Columbia Icefield for an Ice Explorer ride onto Athabasca Glacier. Later, arrive at the picturesque Emerald Lake Lodge for an idyllic overnight stay.
Day 7: Emerald Lake to Lake Louise to Banff.
Travel to iconic Lake Louise, known as the 'Jewel of the Rockies'. Then continue to glacier-fed Moraine Lake (weather permitting). Later, arrive in Banff with time to explore this charming alpine town on a sightseeing tour. This evening, enjoy a wagon ride along Bow River and a BBQ dinner.
Day 8: Banff.
Today, explore more of Banff or choose from a range of select experiences (own expense).
Day 9: Kamloops.
Board the Rocky Mountaineer train this morning and travel through the breathtaking Rockies to Kamloops.
Day 10: Vancouver.
Rejoin the Rocky Mountaineer and continue your rail adventure. Later, arrive in Vancouver.
Day 11: Vancouver.
This morning, discover Vancouver on a city sightseeing tour. Then enjoy a day at leisure before a special Farewell Dinner tonight.
Day 12: Vancouver, Embark Cruise.
After breakfast this morning, transfer to your premium cruise ship. Enjoy time to settle into your cabin, familiarise yourself with life onboard and enjoy dinner tonight.
Day 13: Inside Passage.
Enjoy a full day at sea today. Relax and take in the majestic scenery as your ship cruises through the Inside Passage.
Day 14: Ketchikan.
Arrive in Ketchikan today. Here, you'll have free time to relax and explore. Alternatively, join a walking tour of the town or learn about fascinating Tlingit culture at Saxman Native Village (own expense).
Day 15: Juneau.
Today you'll arrive in Juneau. Here, you may like to experience a dog sled ride on a glacier, sample delicious salmon baked over a fire or even try your hand at panning for gold (own expense).
Day 16: Skagway.
This morning, you'll dock at the port of Skagway. Here you'll have the opportunity to learn more about gold prospecting or view some of the fascinating local wildlife (own expense).
Day 17: Glacier Bay.
Wake up to the incredible sight of Glacier Bay National Park today. Local rangers join you onboard to explain the region's geological wonders and wildlife.
Day 18: Day at Sea.
Today you'll cruise north through the open waters of the Gulf of Alaska.
Day 19: Seward to Anchorage.
Disembark in Seward before travelling to Anchorage via the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre. Here you'll learn about Alaska's remarkable wildlife from grizzly bears to bald eagles. Then continue to Anchorage for an overnight stay.
Day 20: Anchorage to Denali.
Travel by train today on the McKinley Explorer to Denali.
Day 21: Denali National Park.
Journey into the heart of Denali National Park on a day tour. Watch for wildlife such as moose, caribou, grizzly bears and wolves. Learn about the work of wildlife biologists and see why conservation is so paramount to this part of Alaska.
Day 22: Denali to Fairbanks.
Cruise the Chena River aboard a sternwheeler in Fairbanks today.
Day 23: Depart Fairbanks.
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight home.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- 2 FOR 1 AIRFARES: Offer includes a free economy class airfare for one person when two passengers travel together on the same flights and Travelmarvel tour. Based on Air Canada in Economy class, including air taxes up to $180* per person from Australia. Offer is valid on the URBWIV21, URJWCV19, UREJWC28 and URABWI23. ALL FLY/AIR OFFERS: Based on economy class with Air Canada or another airline of Travelmarvel's choosing from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, subject to availability of the related airline booking class. Once sold out surcharges will apply.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..