Departure dates & prices
Day 1 - New Orleans, Louisiana
Meet the crew and get ready to get down, the New Orleans way. Hit up Bourbon Street tonight – this is THE place to party, so arm yourself with a Hand Grenade cocktail and get those toes tapping.
Day 2 - New Orleans
Today’s the day to tick off any leftover items on your ‘things I MUST do in the Bayou’ list. Swing dance in NOLA, creep yourself out in one of the ‘Cities of the Dead’, find out what a steam calliope sounds like, or just have a taste of true New Orleans crawfish. Today’s optionals? We’re glad you asked. Choose from a swamp tour, a cooking demo or a paddleboat cruise.
Day 3 - New Orleans to Houston, Texas
Up next: Houston, the heart of Texas. Expect a mixture of high culture, pick-up trucks and Tex Mex restaurants.
Day 4 - Houston to Austin
Reawaken those childhood dreams of riding in a rocket on an optional visit to the Houston Space Center before we rock up in Austin. Tonight: feast on a Texan BBQ.
Day 5 - Austin
The city is yours today. Hello thrift shopping, Airstream cuisine (cooler than regular food trucks) nudists, boot scooters, cheese makers and a cathedral of junk. When you’re done with the weird, there’s Zilker Park and SoCo to check out. Be sure to hit 6th Street tonight for a live music smorgasbord.
Day 6 - Austin to Dallas/Fort Worth
First up, we’ll pay a visit to The Sixth Floor Museum (which details the history of the JFK assassination). Afterwards, we’re off to Dallas and the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards for a step back in time to the Wild West. From its original brick walkways to its wooden corrals, Fort Worth has it all. Tonight, we highly recommend Billy Bob’s Texas – the World’s Largest Honky Tonk. This enormous dancehall has over 30 bars and can hold up to 6,000 people! Time to get your two step on.
Day 7 - Dallas/Fort Worth to Amarillo
Amarillo is a ‘go big or go home’ kinda place. See someone take the 72oz steak challenge at a Texan steakhouse for proof.
Day 8 - Amarillo to Albuquerque, New Mexico
Feeling artistic? Good. It’s time to channel Banksy at Cadillac Ranch (an art installation of half-buried Cadillacs) on Route 66. You’ll get to crack out the spray paint and get creative on the tailfins of these all-American automobiles. Next up: Albuquerque (the home of Breaking Bad).
Day 9 - Albuquerque to Durango, Colorado
We’ll make a pit stop at Santa Fe before we roll on to Durango. Wanna get that adrenaline pumping? Durango’s the place to do it! Later: zip up your boots, we’re off to visit a ranch!
Day 10 - Durango
You’ve got a free day in Durango, so make it count. There’s a whole bunch of exciting optionals to choose from – or if you’d rather slow the pace, you could simply spot prairie dogs and gaze at the cracking scenery from the Durango Silverton steam train.
Day 11 - Durango to Grand Canyon region, Arizona
Today feels like a Navajo jeep tour kind of day. One that goes through Monument Valley. Even though it’s a bumpy ride, you'd be forgiven for wanting to miss the bus, especially once you learn the stories of the mesas from our Navajo guide.
Day 12 - Grand Canyon to Las Vegas, Nevada
Today we’re rolling from the red stripes of the Grand Canyon (where you could take to the skies on an optional heli-tour) to The Strip in Vegas, where we’ve got a driving tour all lined up. When the sun sets, don your finest outfits – it’s time to board the party bus. Afterwards, there’s some optional nightclub entry to take advantage of. Don’t mind if we do!
Day 13 - Las Vegas
Anything goes in Vegas. Our suggestions? Well, you could go high with an optional heli-tour over The Strip, ride the High Roller Observation Wheel or visit a shooting range. Whatever you choose, just remember to save some energy for one last Sin City night out.
Day 14 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles, California
Wipe away the last traces of glitter and board the coach – it’s time to head back to La La Land, where this trip wraps up.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.