Quebec In Depth With The Gaspe Peninsula, 11 Days, SAVE $396*
01 July - 16 September 2020
11 Day tour departing Montreal.
10 Nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 3 Lunches and 3 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach and boat.
WAS $3959*, NOW $3563*, SAVE $396*.
Day 1 Montreal. Welcome to Montreal, the second largest city in Canada. At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink as your Tour Director prepares you for your Quebec adventure.
Day 2 Montreal. After breakfast, enjoy sightseeing with a Local Guide. Take in Notre Dame Basilica, the Old Seminary of St. Sulpice, and a drive to the top of Mount Royal to enjoy a panorama of the city. The rest of your day is free to explore this lively city on your own. Your Tour Director will be onsite to provide ideas for shopping, dining, and exploring.
Day 3 Montreal to Rimouski. Next, follow the historic Navigator's Route along the St. Lawrence River travelling through quaint Victorian villages, past lighthouses and into the Bas-Saint-Laurent region for an overnight in the maritime centre of Rimouski.
Day 4 Rimouski to Mer via Miguasha National Park, Carleton & Sur. Today, start your grand tour of the spectacular Gaspe Peninsula featuring panoramic views of the sea, beaches, and cliffs. Continue north along the St. Lawrence River to Pointe-Au-Pere Maritime Historic Site, home of the Empress of Ireland Museum, to learn about the transatlantic liner's history and doomed fate. Later, travel through the Matapedia Valley to Chaleur Bay for a guided visit to Miguasha National Park, a unesco World Heritage Site and considered the world's most outstanding illustration of the Devonian Period known as the "Age of Fishes." Continue to your bay front hotel in the resort region of Carleton-sur-Mer.
Day 5 Carleton to Perce. After a morning at leisure, continue your adventure through the Gaspe Peninsula countryside to Ferme Bourdages Tradition, the local experts in everything strawberries since 1821. Here, visit strawberry fields with sea views and discover the secrets behind the art of making strawberry wine and liqueurs before tasting them. Next, visit the Bancde- Peche-De-Paspebiac National Historic Site to explore the original buildings dating back to 1766, witness the Gaspesie fishing history, watch traditional shipbuilding, and net-mending demonstrations. Later, continue to the seaside village of Perce.
Day 6 Perce. Today, discover the iconic gems of the Gaspe Peninsula. Take a scenic cruise around the famous "Pierced Rock" and Bonaventure Island to observe the stunning seabird colony and marine wildlife that frequent the region. Visit Bonaventure Island And Perce National Park, home to one of the largest migratory bird refuge in North America. Its colony of 116,000 northern gannets is the most accessible in the world. Wander the hiking trails or enjoy the heritage trail to learn about the rich natural, historic, and geological wonders of the island. This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 7 Perce to Grande Valleematane via Forillon National Park. This morning, visit Gespeg Micmac Interpretation Site for a guided introduction to the Mi'gmaq, a First Nations people, to discover their history, culture, and traditions. Then, into Forillon National Park and follow the peninsula road to old Cap-des-Rosiers lighthouse. Enjoy a lunch break in charming Grand Vallee, still a sleepy fishing community. The catch-of-theday comes highly recommended. This afternoon's drive provides some of the best scenery of the peninsula. Late afternoon arrival in Matane, the hub of Gaspe's thriving shrimp industry.
Day 8 Matane to Quebec City. Today, visit the famous Les Jardins De Metis, better known as the Redford Gardens after Elsie Redford who spent thirty years transforming a fishing camp on the Metis River into a vast 40-acre estate garden brimming with bold and innovative character. Spend time exploring the many areas of the gardens, such as the Linear Garden, the Stream Garden, or Bird Garden specifically designed to attract many varieties of birds. Then, enjoy a Taste The Gardens lunch at the historic Estevan Lodge, once the summer home to Elsie Redford. Enjoy the seasonal menu highlighted with the 150 edible plants picked daily from the gardens themselves. Continue your journey to romantic Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recognised for being one of the most historic and best-preserved cities in North America. Tonight, explore Quebec's Parisian ambiance by visiting the shops in the Petit-Champlain district or enjoying the French inspired cuisine at one of the many restaurants.
Day 9 Quebec City. This morning, travel along the north shore of the St. Lawrence River to the breathtaking Saguenay Fjord. Here, embark on a Whalewatching Cruise in the heart of the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park, known for having the greatest variety of whale species on earth. onboard, a naturalist guide will introduce you to the marine mammals of the area including the endangered species: the blue whale and the St. Lawrence beluga whale. En route back to Quebec City, stop in the Charlevoix region, known as a thriving culinary destination. Here, visit a family owned traditional Fromagerie, or cheese factory, to learn the delicate art of cheese making, followed by a tasting. Note: The whale-watching cruise is subject to favourable weather conditions.
Day 10 Quebec City. This morning, enjoy a tour of the only walled city north of Mexico with a Local Guide. Within the walls of Old Quebec, see the Place d'Armes, the Laval Seminary, the star-plan Citadelle, and the Place Royale. Also see the old-world houses crowding the narrow streets in Lower Town by the St. Lawrence River, and the historic Plains of Abraham. Tonight, travel to Ile D'Orleans to enjoy a delightful farewell dinner at a fine restaurant housed in a restored 17th-century flour mill.
Day 11 Quebec City to Montreal. Today, depart for Montreal arriving in the early afternoon, with a stop at the airport for guests with homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 3:30 pm. Then, the motorcoach continues to the Delta Montreal hotel where the tour ends.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin & multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..