Spirit Of The Rockies, 12 Days, SAVE $810*
02 May - 19 September 2020
12 day tour departing Vancouver.
11 nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 2 Lunches and 5 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director Transport by coach.
WAS $8099*, NOW $7289*, SAVE $810*.
Day 1 Vancouver. Welcome to Vancouver, your gateway to the Canadian Rockies At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
Day 2 Vancouver. This morning, tour Vancouver, including the waterfront, Chinatown, and Stanley Park with its old-growth evergreen forests and totem poles. The afternoon is free to explore the many attractions at your leisure before dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 3 Vancouver to Kamloops via Rocky Mountaineer. At Vancouver's Rocky Mountaineer Station, board the Rocky Mountaineer train to follow the Fraser Canyon and the Thompson River through beautiful landscapes to historic Kamloops. Tonight, enjoy free time in Kamloops. Note: Kamloops properties are considered moderate 2- or 3-star hotels or motor inns. The city does not offer any hotels in the superior category. Your chosen hotel is determined by Rocky Mountaineer; however, you can rest assured it satisfies our high standards of cleanliness and comfort.
Day 4 Kamloops to Banff via Rocky Mountaineer. Back aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, journey from Kamloops eastward to Shuswap Lake with its many miles of shoreline. Follow the Kicking Horse River and pass over the Continental Divide into BANFF NATIONAL PARK. Special Feature: Spend the next two nights at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, internationally recognised as the symbol of Canadian hospitality. Opened by Canadian Pacific Railway in 1888, this chateau-style hotel developed into one of the top three getaways in North America.
Day 5 Banff. Breathe in the fresh mountain air This morning, tour the highlights of Banff: Bow Falls, Tunnel Mountain, and Surprise Corner. The remainder of the day is at leisure to enjoy all that Banff has to offer. You may wish to ride on the Banff Gondola, visit the shops on Main Street, or perhaps take an optional helicopter flightseeing trip for impressive views of the Rocky Mountains and Banff.
Day 6 Banff to Lake Louise. En route to Lake Louise, a side trip showcases one of the crown jewels of the Rockies-Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Here, 10 mountain peaks soar above 3050 metres (10,000 feet) and surround the tranquil waters of the lake. Later, we arrive at enchanting Lake Louise. After checking into your room, the rest of the day is free to enjoy the beauty, romance, and serenity of this famous location. Special Feature: Stay overnight at the spectacular Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Built as a log cabin in 1890, the historic chateau has become world famous, hosting celebrities and royalty, including Queen Elizabeth II, Alfred Hitchcock, and Marilyn Monroe. Take a leisurely stroll along the pristine lake, pamper yourself in the spa, or just relax with afternoon tea.
Day 7 Lake Louise to Jasper via Columbia Icefield. Travel on awe-inspiring Icefields Parkway past towering peaks and immense hanging glaciers to Jasper National Park. Ride an exciting ICE EXPLORER on the 229 metre (750-foot) thick Athabasca Glacier, and see thundering Athabasca Falls. Your overnight destination is the charming village of Jasper in Jasper National Park. Special Feature: Spend this evening at the beautiful Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. Originally built by the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway and called "Tent City," it is now a 4-star resort nestled between majestic mountains and enchanting lakes. Take a nature hike, play a game of croquet, enjoy a canoe trip on the lake, or just bask in the beauty of this tranquil setting.
Day 8 Jasper to Sun Peaks. Departing Jasper, watch the scenery unfold while travelling the Yellowhead Highway along the Fraser and Thompson Rivers. This is the same route followed by the early fur brigades of the Hudson's Bay Company as they paddled fully laden canoes to the Pacific Coast. Pass regal Mount Robson; at 3954 metres (12,972 feet), it is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
Day 9 Sun Peaks to Whistler. A spectacular day lies ahead This morning, travel past some of the most beautiful and rugged lakes and mountains in British Columbia. This afternoon, we arrive in Whistler-one of Canada's newest and most exciting mountain resorts, and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics- and settle into the deluxe Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Special Feature: Overnight at the all-season luxury resort, the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Nestled at the base of breathtaking Blackcomb Mountain, the chateau brings old and new together in a seamless meld of historical style and modern beauty. Enjoy impeccable service and outstanding cuisine in this pristine mountain wilderness.
Day 10 Whistler to Victoria. This morning, enjoy a visit and private breakfast at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural centre, dedicated to the history and culture of the First Nations people. Afterward, Victoria awaits Board a BC Ferry for a picturesque cruise to Vancouver Island and the charming, very British "Garden City" of Victoria. This afternoon, discover British Columbia's capital on a city highlights tour. Later, perhaps stroll around the Parliament buildings or do some shopping. Enjoy dinner on your own at one of the many restaurants in this delightful harbour city.
Day 11 Victoria. Today, enjoy an experience not to forget, a Whale-Watching excursion from Victoria's Inner Harbour. This afternoon, visit the world famous Butchart Gardens. This estate offers more than 700 varieties of flowers on 55 acres and includes Italian, Japanese, and English-style gardens. Later, your Tour Director hosts a festive farewell dinner in the former historic greenhouse overlooking the gardens.
Day 12 Victoria to Vancouver. This morning, travel via BC Ferry through the Gulf Islands back to the British Columbia mainland for a transfer to Vancouver International Airport. Please schedule flights after 2 pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin & multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..