Eastern US & Canada Discovery, 14 Days, SAVE $552*
08 May - 09 October 2020
14 day tour departing New York.
13 nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 4 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director Transport by coach.
WAS $5519*, NOW $4967*, SAVE $552*.
Day 1 New York City. Welcome to New York City At 5:30 pm, meet your travelling companions in the lobby of your hotel for an enjoyable stroll through the streets of New York on your way to a 6 pm welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
Day 2 New York City to Washington via Philadelphia. This morning on the included orientation tour with a Local Guide, visit Broadway, the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, and City Hall. Later, head to Philadelphia for an orientation tour focusing on the important buildings of this historic city, the "Birthplace of the Nation." During your free time, you may want to visit the Liberty Bell, the National Constitution centre, or enjoy lunch and shopping at the Bourse Market. Later, continue south to Washington DC, the nation's capital.
Day 3 Washington DC. This morning's sightseeing features many of Washington DC's famous landmarks, including the Vietnam and Korean War Veterans and Lincoln Memorials. Also, stop for photos at the White House and Capitol Hill. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure or visit the many museums of the Smithsonian Institution. Join us for an optional dinner tonight at one of Washington's favourite restaurants, followed by an illumination tour of some of the city's most beautiful monuments.
Day 4 Washington to Lancaster. Today we journey further through Pennsylvania to Lancaster, home to Amish and Mennonite communities whose religious faiths stress humility, family, community, and simple living. Tonight, visit an Amish Family and their farm, where you will learn more about their faith, culture, and traditional way of life that excludes the use of modern conveniences, such as electricity and telephones. You'll have the chance to visit the barn, see their miniature horses, learn about their homemade quilts and crafts, and enjoy a delicious dinner.
Day 5 Lancaster to Niagara Falls. Today travel north through the rolling Appalachian Mountains and enter New York State. Cross the border into Canada for magnificent Niagara Falls. Enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day 6 Niagara Falls to Toronto. This morning, you may opt to take the optional helicopter flight over the falls. Then board a Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise for a thrilling boat ride to view the thundering falls from river level. Later, drive around the "Golden Horseshoe" of Lake Ontario and through vineyards and rich farmlands to Toronto, the cosmopolitan provincial capital. Tonight's optional dinner outing includes a visit to the top of the famous CN Tower for great views of Toronto's harbor and skyline.
Day 7 Toronto. On today's sightseeing with a Local Guide, view Toronto's two city halls, the Ontario legislature buildings, the university, and local neighbourhoods, including Chinatown. The balance of the day is free, and your Tour Director will have plenty of suggestions for things to do and see in Canada's largest city.
Day 8 Toronto to Ottawa. Drive east into Ottawa, the country's beautiful capital. Ottawa, located on the banks of the Ottawa River, offers a unique blend of culture, history, and outdoor beauty. Tonight, why not enjoy one of Ottawa's many special restaurants.
Day 9 Ottawa to Montreal. This morning, enjoy a guided tour to see Ottawa in-depth. You'll see the Canadian Mint, residences of the Governor General and Prime Minister, the hexagonal National Arts Centre, Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, and the stately residences. Later, travel to Montreal, Canada's second-largest city. The evening is at leisure, perhaps stroll through the underground shopping area of Place Ville-Marie or visit historic Old Montreal.
Day 10 Montreal to Quebec City. Today, sightseeing with a Local Guide includes Notre Dame Basilica, the Old Seminary of St. Sulpice, and a drive to the top of Mount Royal to enjoy a panoramic view of the city. Then, continue east to Quebec City and spend the next two nights in this romantic city located on the banks of the mighty St. Lawrence River. Until the British victory of 1759, Old Quebec was the centre of New France, and today is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This evening, why not enjoy regional French cuisine with dinner in Old Town Quebec?
Day 11 Quebec City. Join your Local Guide this morning for an included tour of Quebec City, Canada's only walled city, including the Place d'Armes, ancient Place Royale, and the Plains of Abraham. The balance of the day is free for independent sightseeing. Tonight's included dinner outing takes you to Montmorency Falls and over to Ile D'orleans for a delightful dinner at a fine restaurant in a restored 17th-century flour mill.
Day 12 Quebec City to Boston via Franconia Notch State Park. Journey south and capture inspiring views of one of nature's true masterpieces as the green carpet panorama blends to the grandeur of mountain scenery in northern Vermont, which is blessed with innumerable forests and lakes. Then, through New Hampshire to the majestic beauty of Franconia Notch State Park in the scenic White Mountains. Next, pass New Hampshire's state capitol dome at Concord and continue to Boston. This evening is at leisure.
Day 13 Boston. This morning, a sightseeing tour focuses on the city's most prominent landmarks of the Freedom Trail. See Boston Common, the Old State House and the Old North Church, and Faneuil Hall. Next, board a harbor CRUISE that takes you to see the Bunker Hill Monument. Later, enjoy a Boston favourite, an authentic Italian handmade Cannoli. Balance of the day is at your leisure. Tonight, join your Tour Director for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant in the famed North End neighbourhood.
Day 14 Boston. Your tour ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules. For guests who would like to return to New York City, the motorcoach will return to the Sheraton New York Times Square at no additional cost. Transfers are not included to the New York area International Airports.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin & multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..