Historic Cities of Eastern Canada, 9 Days, SAVE $336*
08 May - 25 September 2020
9 day tour departing Toronto.
8 nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 2 Lunches and 3 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director Transport by coach.
WAS $3359*, NOW $3023*, SAVE $336*.
Day 1 Toronto. Welcome to Toronto, Canada's largest and most cosmopolitan city. At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director prepares you for your upcoming adventure.
Day 2 Toronto. This morning, enjoy a sightseeing tour. Highlights include the Legislature Building; the ethnic neighbourhoods; the University of Toronto; and Eaton centre, the city's number-one tourist attraction, with more than 300 stores for world-class shopping. The tour concludes with lunch atop the 554 metre (1815 foot) tall CN Tower, where you'll enjoy incredible views of the city and harbor below you.
Day 3 Toronto to Niagara Falls. Leave bustling Toronto and travel along the shores of Lake Ontario to Niagara Falls. For the adventurous, your Tour Director will suggest optional flightseeing over the falls. Then, board a sightseeing cruise for a thrilling ride to view the thundering falls from river level. Later, visit picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake, where there is time to browse the shops of Main Street and visit a local WINERY for a tour and tasting. Tonight, you may wish to see the illumination of the falls as they are lit in every colour of the Montreal rainbow. A special treat not to be missed
Day 4 Niagara Falls to Ottawa via Thousand Islands National Park. Travel this morning to Gananoque, where you'll board your boat for a lunch CRUISE through the waterways of Thousand Islands National Park. Continue to the nation's capital of Ottawa, pleasantly framed by the banks of the Ottawa River and the Rideau Canal, for a 2-night stay. Dinner this evening is at a local restaurant.
Day 5 Ottawa. Morning sightseeing includes the Canadian Mint, the residences of the Governor General and Prime Minister, and Parliament Hill. Enjoy a delicious Canadian specialty, a Beavertail, a pastry stretched to the shape of a beaver tail with toppings added. The balance of the day is free. You may wish to visit the world-renowned Canadian Museum of History, shop for souvenirs, or spend time at the National Gallery of Canada. For dinner, maybe visit lively and colourful Byward Market and choose from its array of specialty restaurants.
Day 6 Ottawa to Quebec City via Cap -De-La-Madeleine. Drive north this morning to Cap-de-la-Madeleine for a visit to the Basilica Of Our Lady Of The Rosary, a national shrine famous for its fine stained-glass windows. Time to stroll through the grounds of the sanctuary and see the miraculous Madonna in the old chapel. Continue your journey to romantic Quebec City, one of the most historic and best-preserved cities in North America. This evening, enjoy regional French Cuisine at a special dinner in Old Town Quebec.
Day 7 Quebec City. This morning, enjoy an included guided tour of Canada's only walled city. Until the British victory of 1759, Old Quebec was the centre of New France; today, it's a Unesco World Heritage Site. Within the walls are Place d'Armes, Laval Seminary, and ancient Place Royale. Also, see the old-world houses crowding the narrow streets in Lower Town by the St. Lawrence River and historic Plains of Abraham. This afternoon is free for independent activities. Maybe explore the historic sites, take a carriage ride, or stroll the streets of Old Quebec City. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining. This evening, consider an optional dinner that includes a visit to 85 metre (274-foot) high Montmorency Falls and takes you over to Ile d'Orleans, where you'll enjoy a delightful dinner at Le Moulin de Saint-Laurent, a restored 17th-century flour mill.
Day 8 Quebec City to Montreal. Before leaving Quebec, we'll stop at a Sugar Shack for a guided tour to learn the art of making maple syrup and to enjoy a traditional sugar shack breakfast. On to Montreal, where sightseeing with a Local Guide takes in Notre Dame Basilica, the Old Seminary of St. Sulpice, and a drive to the top of Mount Royal to enjoy a panorama of the city. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner in the heart of Old Montreal-the perfect ending to your holiday
Day 9 Montreal. The tour ends this morning after breakfast with guests departing on individual schedules.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin & multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..