Grand Western Canada Vacation, 13 Days, SAVE $512*
01 May - 04 September 2020
13 day tour departing Vancouver.
12 nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily and 4 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director Transport by coach.
WAS $5119*, NOW $4607*, SAVE $512*.
Day 1 Vancouver, BC. Welcome to Vancouver, your gateway to the Canadian Rockies At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
Day 2 Vancouver to Victoria. This morning, tour Vancouver, including the waterfront, Chinatown, and Stanley Park with its old-growth evergreen forests and totem poles. Catch the BC Ferry over to Vancouver Island and Victoria. Visit world-famous Butchart Gardens, followed by a special dinner in the former historic greenhouse overlooking the gardens. See major attractions on your city orientation tour, including the Fairmont Empress Hotel, Bastion Square, and Thunderbird Park.
Day 3 Victoria. This day is free to explore on your own; your Tour Director suggests an optional wildlife and whale-watching trip. For shoppers, Government Street's elegant shops and Market Square's collection of specialty stores are good places to start. History buffs should be sure to visit the Royal British Columbia Museum.
Day 4 Victoria to Whistler. Today, board a BC Ferry and cross the Strait of Georgia through the spectacular Gulf Islands, an archipelago known for its Mediterranean-type climate. Stop at Shannon Falls, where a boardwalk leads to a viewing platform near the base of the roaring falls. On to the alpine resort of Whistler, nestled at the base of breathtaking Blackcomb Mountain. There's time today to explore many of the 2010 Winter Olympics' sites.
Day 5 Whistler. Today is free to explore all that Whistler has to offer. You might enjoy a trip on Whistler's Peak2Peak Gondola, connecting Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Enjoy spectacular scenery and incredible photo opportunities by exploring the village on foot, including a walk to beautiful Alta Lake. Other options include a walk in the tree tops, a sightseeing excursion by air, shopping in the village, or just relaxing at your resort.
Day 6 Whistler to Kamloops. This morning, enjoy a visit and private breakfast at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural centre, dedicated to the history and culture of the First Nations people. Then, journey north through the heart of the magnificent Cariboo region. Spectacular scenery abounds as you pass by rolling hills, deeply incised rivers, and sparkling lakes. Afternoon arrival in Kamloops, with the balance of the day at leisure.
Day 7 Kamloops to Jasper. Continue north, following the Yellowhead Highway and hugging the mighty North Thompson River into the province of Alberta. See the base of 3955 metre (12,972-foot) Mount Robson (the highest point in the Canadian Rockies) before entering Jasper National Park. Marvel at the precipitous gorges, snow-capped summits, and lakes of exquisite blues and greens in this wild mountain wilderness. Perhaps take an optional float trip down the historic Athabasca River, where your experienced guide will navigate as you absorb the splendour of Jasper National Park.
Day 8 Jasper. Enjoy a short sightseeing tour to see Jasper's unspoiled beauty. Afterward, travel across the glacially fed Maligne Lake for a narrated CRUISE to Spirit Island. En route to the island, which is only accessible by boat, knowledgeable guides share the lake's history, geology, wildlife, weather, flora, and fauna. On the return journey, stop to view Maligne Canyon. Balance of the day is at leisure to explore Jasper on your own. You may choose to stroll through town, grab a local craft beer, or take a hike in search of the various wildlife that call the national park home.
Day 9 Jasper to Banff via Columbia Icefield & Lake Louise. This morning, continue through Jasper National Park on Icefields Parkway to the 229 metre (750-foot) thick Columbia Icefield for a thrilling Ice Explorer Ride. This once in a lifetime experience allows for free time to walk on the Athabasca Glacier and even sample pure fresh glacial water. Later, climb Sunwapta Pass to savour stunning vistas of alpine meadows, waterfalls, and massive glaciers, then scale Bow Pass for splendid views of Peyto Lake. Next, stop at Lake Louise, whose green-blue waters form a perfect mirror reflection of Mount Victoria. Continue into Banff National Park.
Day 10 Banff. Breakfast this morning is served on top of Sulphur Mountain. Take a scenic ride on the Banff Gondola to the top of the mountain and then enjoy spectacular views of the valley below as you savour a flavourful meal. Additional sightseeing in Banff includes a visit to Bow Falls, where you can walk the path along the river to take in the nature and scenery. The balance of the day is at leisure. Consider an optional helicopter flightseeing trip for a bird's-eye view of the Rockies. Tonight, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 11 Banff to Kelowna via Yoho National Park & Glacier National Park. This morning, depart Banff and scale Kicking Horse Pass across the Continental Divide into British Columbia and Yoho National Park. Next, enjoy panoramic vistas of peaks exceeding 3050 metres (10,000 feet) on Rogers Pass at the summit in Canada's Glacier National Park. Descend into the agricultural region of the Okanagan Valley to the resort city of Kelowna. Tonight, why not enjoy a wine tasting or dinner at one of Kelowna's many lakeside cafes?
Day 12 Kelowna to Vancouver. Today, continue through the fertile Fraser Valley, with grand vistas of vineyards and orchards, before travelling over the towering Cascade Mountains into Vancouver. Upon arrival, enjoy some time at leisure. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a farewell dinner.
Day 13 Vancouver. The tour ends after breakfast this morning with guests departing on individual schedules.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin & multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..