Spain, Portugal & Morocco, 16 Days, SAVE $74*
Valid for select departures 2 January - 22 December 2020
16 day tour departing Madrid.
15 nights accommodation in Comfortable Hotels.
Services of a Professional Tour Director, Driver and Local Guides.
Transport throughout via Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach with FREE Wi-Fi while touring.
WAS $2959*, NOW $2855*, SAVE $74*.
Day 1 Madrid. Check into your hotel. Take advantage of any free time to explore lively Madrid with the help of the Cosmos app. Tonight, meet your tour director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 Madrid. Spaniards say the Spanish capital, situated 665 metres (2,180 feet) above sea level, is the nearest thing to Heaven. It's certainly worth making the most of today by joining the included guided sightseeing tour: a full panoramic drive by way of the Avenida Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Parliament Square, and a picture stop outside the Royal Palace. The optional trip to Toledo is most rewarding, too. The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco's painting, and even now it's like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art.
Day 3 Madrid to Avila to Salamanca to Coimbra. Visit ancient fortified avila with its many towers, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue to Salamanca and make sure you spend some time wandering around Plaza Mayor, the grandest square in Spain. Cross the frontier to Guarda, the highest town in Portugal. From here, descend to the valleys of the Serra da Estrela to Coimbra.
Day 4 Coimbra to Fatima to Obidos to Lisbon. Enjoy an orientation tour of Coimbra, celebrated for its beauty and ancient university. Later, travel southward to visit the Sanctuary of Fatima, one of Europe's most visited Marian shrines. Continue to picturesque fortified Obidos, before reaching Lisbon for two overnights.
Day 5 Lisbon. Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century "Mistress of the Seas." On the included guided tour, see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, and the impressive Commerce Square, also known as Black Horse Square. Spend the afternoon at leisure-maybe in the Alfama's tile-decorated streets, or take an optional excursion to coastal Estoril and Cascais.
Day 6 Lisbon to Seville. From the rolling plains of the Alentejo with its woodlands of cork and eucalyptus trees, head south to the brilliant light of Andalusia. Admire its neat, white-painted villages and sun-drenched plantations of olives, figs, and almonds while travelling towards magnificent Seville.
Day 7 Seville. Enjoy an included sightseeing tour of this vibrant city's main highlights, such as the cathedral, Alcazar, and Plaza d'Espana. Afternoon at leisure.
Day 8 Seville to Rabat. Drive through Spain's pretty sherry wine region and head south to the coast. Here, you will embark The ferry and cruise across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco on the African continent. Travel along what was once the infamous Barbary Coast, then continue the drive south to Rabat, one of Morocco's imperial cities.
Day 9 Rabat to Casablanca to Marrakesh. Today starts with an included guided city sightseeing tour of the country's lively capital, a visit to Chellah Gardens and Casbah Des Oudaias. Later, reach Morocco's westernmost city: Casablanca. Enjoy an orientation drive in this modern city and see the illustrious Hassan II Mosque. One of the largest mosques in the world, its minaret soars 210 metres (689 feet) into the sky. Continue on to the "red" oasis city of Marrakesh. An optional excursion this evening is the perfect end of the day.
Day 10 Marrakesh. Today's included city sightseeing with a Local Guide will make you feel like you've been whisked back in time. Founded in the 9th century, Marrakesh remains a tapestry of ramparts, mosques, palaces, gardens, and vibrant public squares and souks (markets)- where buying and selling and a Fascinating carnival of entertainment occurs daily. Also see the Bahia Palace and Saadian Tombs.
Day 11 Marrakesh to Fez. Today, travel through the fragrant cedar forests of the Middle Atlas mountains, where a number of peaks soar above 3,962 metres (13,000 feet) in elevation. This range is home to the endangered Barbary ape, as well as wild boar and polecats. On your way north to Fez, enjoy glimpses of North African village life.
Day 12 Fez. Ancient Fez is a city of outstanding scenic beauty. Visit the Medina during the included sightseeing tour this morning, and enjoy the maze of narrow streets through the colourful bazaars and exotic atmosphere. The madrasas, fondouks, palaces, residences, mosques, and fountains dating back to the 13th century are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the afternoon, explore further on your own.
Day 13 Fez to Costa Del Sol. Today, an early departure takes you north for the ferry crossing back to mainland Spain to the Costa del Sol (Coast of the Sun). Overnight in Mijas.
Day 14 Costa Del Sol to Granada. Travel along the Costa del Sol and head to Granada in the heart of Andalusia. On the agenda: an included guided visit of the Alhambra Complex*, a lavish palace and fortress built by Moorish kings. You'll marvel at its architectural Moorish beauty and magnificent gardens, with construction dating back to 889 AD.
Day 15 Granada to Madrid. Travel through the very heart of Don Quixote's La Mancha, famed for its castle and windmills. Before arriving in Madrid, visit a local wine cellar and taste some of the locally produced wines.
Day 16 Madrid. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 9 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..