One Week in New Orleans, Florida & Atlanta
From 26/05/2021 to 09/09/2022
Explore New Orleans’ distinct old-school jazz vibes, delicious food and French-inspired architecture to begin your Deep South experience.
Release your inner child at one of Orlando’s range of theme parks, from the thrills of Universal Studios to the comforting throwback to your favourite cartoons at Walt Disney World.
Have your own version of a spring break in Panama City Beach, one of the most popular destinations among the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
Discover the history and tradition of the oldest city in Georgia: Savannah.
Ghost tours, wholesome home-style cuisine and recreating movie moments are all possible.
You won’t rush any of your destinations and – if time is on your side – there is the possibility to combine this trip with others to create the ultimate southern USA road trip.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 1.
Camping (with facilities) (5 nts),Hotel (1 nt).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 13.
Savannah - Southern Style Lunch.
Savannah - Leopold's Icecream.
Savannah - Peach Cobbler tasting.
Day 1 - New Orleans Welcome to New Orleans, USA. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting in the hotel lobby at 6 pm. As there's a great deal to do in New Orleans, we recommend arriving early to make the most of this exciting city. After your welcome meeting, and mindful of the long drive in store for tomorrow, you might like to stretch your legs and head into the French Quarter for a po’boy or gumbo, while keeping an ear out for some late-night jazz. Otherwise known as the 'Big Easy', New Orleans's eclectic mix of European, Creole and Cajun culture manifests itself in every aspect of the architecture, cuisine and music scene. Take in the sights and sounds of Bourbon Street, relax in the Garden District and absorb the ambience of the French Quarter, known also as just 'The Quarter'.
Day 2 - Panama City Beach It's quite a long drive today from New Orleans to Panama City Beach (around 6 hours), but once there, the best way to recover is to relax on some of the 14 kilometres (9 miles) of pristine white sand beach, and take a swim in the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Panama City Beach is also renowned for its night clubs and parties and is a popular spring break destination, so if you have enough energy left at the end of the day, definitely hit the town and live a carefree life like you’re back at school.
Day 3 - Orlando Head from Panama City Beach to the heart of Florida. The third largest city in Florida, Orlando has a lot going on, including a heap of shops and outlet malls to check out and an exciting and varied nightlife. If there's time on arrival, you may like to go out and explore International Drive, have a walk around Lake Eola, or spend some time working out what theme park to hit up tomorrow.
Day 4 - Orlando Today is a free day to explore Orlando's famous amusement parks and attractions. Most people opt for Walt Disney World Resort or Universal Orlando Resort as they are the two of the most well known and both feature multiple theme parks, but there are over a dozen other parks that might take your fancy. If you’re graced with nice weather, Orlando has some water parks such as Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, for those who love to get soaked. Each park is a full day's worth of action, so choose wisely. If theme parks aren’t your thing, do not fear! Your group leader can suggest other, less thrill-seeking activities to fill your day.
Day 5 - Savannah Head away from theme park mania and into the historic Georgian town of Savannah. Antebellum mansions, towering oak trees and colonial buildings coexist with dive bars, mingling university students and delicious down-home cooking. Enjoy some southern food on arrival with an included lunch, then head to legendary local ice creamery Leopold’s for a scoop of dessert. Enjoy free time for the rest of the afternoon. Maybe explore the historic district of town, take a seat with a box of chocolates in Chippewa Square and recreate the famous Forrest Gump scene, or learn more about southern plantations at the Wormsloe Historic Site.
Day 6 - Savannah With the flexibility to explore Savannah at your own pace, allow yourself time to wander the streets of the oldest city in Georgia. Later be treated to a slice of traditional peach cobbler - a classic Southern dessert! A popular optional activity in Savannah is a ghost tour, which will be sure to prickle the skin and spook even the most courageous at heart.
Day 7 - Atlanta On your way to Georgia’s capital, Atlanta, stop by the Lane Southern Orchards: a peach and pecan plantation where you can check out the farm, take a free tour (season depending) and indulge in the homegrown produce. Upon arriving in Atlanta, say farewell to your group leader. There is no accommodation provided for tonight, however there is so much to do and explore in happening Atlanta if you have the time. Learn more about North American history at the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, visit the CNN Center, sample more than 100 different beverages at the World of Coca-Cola, or find out everything you ever wanted to know about the life of Martin Luther King Jr.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.