Classic Japan, 7 days
The accommodationDay 1 Tokyo.
Welcome to Japan! Today is all about exploring Tokyo, why not add on a Tokyo Afternoon Tour and utelise the knowledge of your tour leader to plan your day tomorrow.Day 2 Tokyo.
Today is a free day, this afternoon experience a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony.
Join In Tea Ceremony.
Learn about the techniques, history and importance of the Japanese tea ceremony with guidance from a tea master. This immersive experience invites you to kneel and sip green tea in the same way its been done for centuries. This unique excursion promises the opportunity to mingle with Japanese locals in traditional garments for a memorable and cultural experience.Day 3 Tokyo to Kyoto.
Use the famous Japanese railway to travel to Kyoto, take time to settle into your new surroundings, why not explore the lanes of Kyoto this evening.Day 4 Kyoto.
Start the day off with a Kyoto Morning Tour, the rest of the day is yours to explore more, or maybe relax at one of the bathhouses you saw on your tour.
Kyoto Morning Tour.
Begin your day by visiting the vast grounds of Nijo Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that comprises a number of impressive palaces, ruins and gardens. Next, make your way to Kinkaku-ji Temple, also known as 'Temple of the Golden Pavilion', and gaze at the peaceful temple surrounded by still waters and a backdrop of lush forest.
Head to Kyoto Imperial Palace and learn about the fascinating history of the emperors that resided there from as early as 1869. When Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine, another impressive memorial with a captivating past encompassing Japanese politics and beliefs. Return is to Kyoto Station.Day 5 Kyoto to Osaka.
Jump aboard the train from Kyoto to Osaka, why not take a Back Street Tour to sample local delicacies such as Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake) or Takoyaki (Octopus Balls).Day 6 Osaka.
Relax this morning and prepare for your afternoon walking tour of Osaka!
Osaka Afternoon Walking Tour.
Explore the historic city of Osaka by foot on this guided walking journey through the city's best sights. Setting off from Hotel Granvia Osaka, this tour connects the dots between Osaka's best-known attractions, including Osaka Castle and a leisurely sightseeing cruise aboard the Aqua Liner. Along the way, explore the city alongside a local guide for fascinating stories and history about the city's best sights.Day 7 Osaka.
Time to depart Osaka!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..