Highlights of Japan - Solo Tour, 12 days
Only on 1 April 2020
Return economy class airfare from Australia* to Japan including prepaid taxes and current fuel surcharges (subject to change).
12 day tour departing Australia.
Some meals (9 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners).
All Entrance Fees, Guides and Tours.
All Domestic Transportation.
Tipping is generally not part of the culture in Japan, however if you feel you have received excellent service, please feel free to tip your National Escort at your discretion.
Additional Information Departing from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
Depending on airline schedules, extra nights pre or post tour accommodation or stopovers may be required at additional cost.
A Room of your own.
No single supplement payable on this tour.
Savings from $300 per person with our Early Bird Specials for 2020.
Day 3 Himeji Castle. Meet your group in the hotel lobby and together begin by travelling to Himeji to visit the city's magnificent feudal-era castle, before strolling through the beauty of Koko-en, a classical Japanese garden. After lunch in a local restaurant, return to Osaka and spend some time at leisure. This evening enjoy a group welcome dinner.
Day 4 Explore Koyasan. This morning, head for the holy mountain of Koyasan, home to a cluster of more than a hundred monasteries nestled in a valley, enclosed by peaks. Wander around Okunion, a vast cemetery of 200,000 stupas, and enjoy the tranquility of Kongobuji Temple. Continue to the charming city of Nara and have the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 5 Nara to Kyoto. Stroll through Nara National Park to Todai-ji Temple, seeing the resident sika deer en route, before exploring Isui-en Garden. Travel by road to Kyoto, the enchanting chity whose thousand year stint as Japan's capital city has left behind an impressive legacy of historic sites. Sightseeing today includes a visit to Kinkaku-ji Temple, also known as 'Golden Pavilion' and Ryoanji Temple, home to Japan's most famous zen garden.
Day 6 Traditional Japan. Today starts with some traditional Japanese activities. At the 17th century Kodai-ji Temple you'll experience the age-old rituals of a traditional tea ceremony, before a serene session of Zen meditation. Return to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 7 Mt Fuji. Travel on the super-fast bullet train to the Hakone area and board a coach to explore this wilderness region. Take a boat cruise on spectacular Lake Ashi before soaring high on the Komgatake Ropeway for gorgeous My Fuji views. There is free time for lunch before a group dinner.
Day 8 Mt Fuji. Travel to Mt Fuji and ascend by road to the 5th Station for spectacular views of the surrounding landscape below before continuing on to Tokyo, Japan's dazzling capital city.
Day 9 Tokyo. Tokyo is the ultimate 24-hour city, but look behind its frantic, high-tech frontage and you will find plenty of tranquil backstreets and old temples to explore. Visit the observation deck of the 634-metre Skytree, the world's tallest tower, before seeking out the tranquility of Sensoji Temple. Enjoy free time for lunch, then stroll through Hamarikyu Gardens.
Day 10 Tokyo. Today is a free day for you to spend as you wish; your guide will be on hand to give options and ideas. Tonight is a special farewell group dinner. Day 11 - 12 Fly Tokyo To Australia. Fly to Australia, arriving home the same or following day.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- *International return airfares departing Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are included in the price. Additional charges may apply.
- Note: Depending on airline schedules, extra nights pre or post tour accommodation or stopovers may be required at additional cost.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..