Adriatic Dream Cruise
Launching in December 2018, ms Nieuw Statendam, a sister ship to Koningsdam and the second of our Pinnacle-class ships, features a design inspired by the fluid curves of musical instruments. Guests can savor her innovative specialty restaurants—from Sel de Mer to the Grand Dutch Cafe. Explore at America’s Test Kitchen’s cooking classes and hands-on workshops. And thrill to BBC Earth Experiences presentations at our spectacular two-story World Stage.
Inside from: $3699
Outside from: $3999
Balcony from: $4949
Suite from: $6699
12 Night cruise, from Venice to Civitavecchia (Rome), onboard the ms Nieuw Amsterdam in a Inside twin share cabin
All main meals and entertainment on board
Port charges and government fees
Holland America Line - Explore 4 promotion, valid for sale until 31 October 2019
Receive Up to US$800* Onboard Credit per cabin (depending on cabin category)
50% Reduced Deposit
Complimentary Pinnacle Grill Dinner
$25* Beverage Card (for Kids or extra guests)
Plus BONUS Deal Balcony & Suite guests also receive a Premium Internet Package
Please speak to your Travel Consultant as Terms & Conditions apply
Relaxation: Whirlpool, Sauna, Spa, Steam Room, Facial Treatments, Hot Stone Therapy, Hydro Massage Pool, Thermal Suite, Greenhouse Spa & Salon, Lido Pool, The Retreat
Other: Boutique, Art Gallery, Atrium, Shops, Concierge, Culinary Arts Center, Observation Deck
Recreational: Library, Club HAL, The Loft
Technology: Internet Cafe, Digital Workshop
Fitness: Basketball, Fitness Center, Volleyball
Food and Drink: Canaletto Restaurant, Italian Restaurant, Piano Bar, Manhattan, Sports Bar, Lido Bar, The Verandah, Pinnacle Grill, Explorations Cafe, Lido Casual Restaurant, Terrace Grill, Cabanas, Atrium Bar, Tamarind Restaurant and Silk Den Lounge, Asian Restaurant, Seafood Shack, Main Dining Room, Veranda, Kitchen
Entertainment: Photo Gallery, Show Lounges, Panorama Lounge, Explorers Lounge, Neptune Lounge, Crow's Nest
Day 1 - Venice, Italy Discover la Serenissima by gondola and ride with someone special under the Bridge of Sighs; wonder at the opulence of Ducal palaces and try on a gaudy, feather-bedecked Carnival mask. Linger over cappuccino on the Ca d'Oro, and be sure to dodge the pigeons in the Piazza before you step into San Marco Cathedral for an eyeful of giltwork and divine frescoes.
Day 2 - Split In Croatia, the Old Town of Split wraps around the luxurious palace where the Roman emperor Diocletian lived out his last days after abdicating in AD 305. Today, this remarkable white limestone palace, a UNESCO Site, awaits your discovery. Part luxurious villa, part military camp, the palace is enclosed by imposing walls and connected by roads linking the eastern Silver Gate with the Iron Gate to the west. Within: an octagonal domed mausoleum, temples and a monumental court accessing the imperial apartments.
Day 3 - At Sea
Day 4 - Argostoli Greece's best-kept secret. Discover enticing beaches, tasty white wine, a superb museum, the fishing village of Fiskardo where you may while away the afternoon schmoozing with the locals.
Day 5 - Souda (Chania)
Day 6 - Rhodes Rhodes, set behind impregnable 14th-century walls, invites you to navigate through crooked streets to shop for sea sponges and visit the gorgeous Palace of the Grand Masters from where the Knights of St John set out on the Crusades. Tour to the village of Lindos and climb to the Acropolis. Look down and you'll see where St Paul landed, as well as the rocky peninsulas where many believe the Colossus of Rhodes once stood. This 110-foot-tall statue of Helios was destroyed by an earthquake, and its remains were melted down by the Arabs for scrap metal.
Day 7 - Kusadasi Ephesus, not far from the port at Kusadasi, is home to the one remaining pillar from the Temple of Artemis—an Ancient Wonder of the World. Marble streets lead past magnificent ruins of temples and baths, and the Celsus Library. Don't miss the amphitheater where St Paul preached to the Ephesians. Roman ruins are also on display at Pirea and Didyma.
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Valletta Thick sandstone walls fortify Valletta, holding within its stone streets and glorious architecture. It fees like a travesty, walking over the detailed inlaid marble floors of the the cathedrals, but they are there to be seen and appreciated. The Silent City is Mdina, on the far side of the island, where no cars are permitted to disrupt the serene streets. Keep an eye out for the legendary, aged yellow buses of Malta which appear to be on their last legs, but are in fact a revered and flawlessly maintained piece of Maltese heritage.
Day 10 - Valletta Thick sandstone walls fortify Valletta, holding within its stone streets and glorious architecture. It fees like a travesty, walking over the detailed inlaid marble floors of the the cathedrals, but they are there to be seen and appreciated. The Silent City is Mdina, on the far side of the island, where no cars are permitted to disrupt the serene streets. Keep an eye out for the legendary, aged yellow buses of Malta which appear to be on their last legs, but are in fact a revered and flawlessly maintained piece of Maltese heritage.
Day 10 - Mgarr (Victoria) Victoria is aptly known by the local Maltese as Rabat, an Arabic word meaning "suburb outside the fortress walls." The fortress in this case is the massive, hill top Citadel first fortified during the Bronze Age around 1500 BC. Walk the fortress walls for a 360° view of Gozo; visit the exquisite 17th century baroque Cathedral; stroll the gardens of Villa Rundle; and shop for fine weaving, lace and silver filigree. Sample shore excursions: Victoria's Secrets; Gozo Arts & Crafts; A Taste of Gozo.
Day 11 - Palermo, Sicily, Italy Territory of the legendary Godfather, Sicily has hosted many film crews, and Palermo in particular is home to the Opera House where Al Pacino's character met his Waterloo in the Godfather III. Also in Palermo are a Spanish church with a Moorish cloister and a cathedral whose electic facade speaks volumes about all those who came, saw and conquered. Enjoy it all as you would the caponata: sweet and tangy and, not surprisingly, delicious.
Day 12 - Naples (Pompeii)
Day 13 - Civitavecchia (Rome) In the footsteps of the Ceasar you will spend your time in the Eternal City. From the Roman Forum, it's a short walk to the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine and Palatine Hill. Across the Tiber River, the Sovereign State of the Vatican holds the key to the Sistine Chapel and Bernini's awesome colonnade.
Upper Verandah Deck
Upper Verandah Deck
Lower Promenade Deck
Lower Promenade Deck
- *Fares are cruise only, per person in AUD, in complete twin room as specified, based on lead categories at publication date, inclusive of all taxes, fees and port expenses (which are subject to change). Featured fares are per person based on double occupancy, cruise only. Subject to availability. Onboard spending money is for guests 1 and 2 sharing a stateroom and is offered in the following amounts: cruises 7-9 days: interior, ocean-view, lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$400 per stateroom, and suites receive US$600 per stateroom. Onboard spending money is in U.S. dollars and is non-refundable, non-transferable, not for cash value, expires at the end of that cruise, and may not be used in the casino. Onboard Spending Money cannot be used to purchase or reserve shore excursions or onboard amenities in advance (must be done on board). Reduced Deposit is valid for new bookings only. Bookings made on voyages requiring immediate final payment are not eligible for a reduced deposit. Complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner: per person for guests 1 and 2 sharing a stateroom and is not transferable or refundable nor redeemable for cash. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Sel de Mer, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner. Beverage Card valued at US$25 per person is for kids or extra guests as a 3rd/4th guest in a stateroom and is not transferable or refundable nor redeemable for cash. Participants may order beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the card if misused and to refuse service for any reason, including service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Verandah and Suite offer: Premium Internet Package is per person for guests 1 and 2 sharing a stateroom and valued from $139.99 for a 7-day cruise, up to $699.99 for a 81+ day cruise. Offers are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Whilst all information is correct at time of publication, offers are subject to change or withdrawal.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..