From 05/07/2020 to 03/04/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Morning Game drive in the Masai MaraAfternoon Game drive in the Masai MaraMorning Game drive in the Masai MaraElephant Orphanage Sanctuary visitGet close to giraffes at the giraffe centreGame drive in Amboseli National ParkMorning drive in Amboseli.
Being on safari sure works up an appetite.
We'll provide breakfast every day, plus 5 lunches and 5 dinners.
That's a big stack of included meals, and when we are eating at the lodge, it's always buffets! Choose what you want and how much you want from local to global cusines.
We'll even throw in some picnic lunches or breakfasts for when we are exploring on game drives or driving between lodges.
The rest of the time, there's a chance for you to taste the local cuisine.
You’ll be safe in the hands of your professional Trip Manager, whose knowledge of Africa and wildife will keep you enthralled throughout the duration of your trip.
1 - Your Africa adventure begins as the plane touches down in red-earthed Nairobi. You'll be greeted by a transfer rep at the airport and driven to your accommodation for the night through the modern city centre in private transportation. Set your bags down at the hotel and feel the excitement build as your Trip Manager runs through the itinerary. This evening you'll have a chance to head out for some dinner at a local restaurant, a perfect time to practise your 'Jambo' (hello) and 'Asante-sana' (Thank you very much). Get to know your new mates over a hearty Kenyan meal before a big day tomorrow.
2 - We start the day with a hot breakfast at the hotel before meeting our local guides and loading up in the safari vehicles for the start of our great Masai Mara adventure.We'll pass down and through the Great Rift Valley as we arrive at our classic African safari lodge, just in time for lunch in the famous Masai Mara. After lunch, you'll have time for a quick siesta or a dip in the pool. This afternoon will include your first game drive, seeing some of Africa's vast array of wildlife both big and small on the rolling hills of this magnificent nature reserve.
3 - This morning you have the option for a once-in-a-lifetime hot air balloon Safari experience, or join the early morning game drive - one of the best times to see the wild animals as they relax in the cooler climate before the midday heat. In the late morning we'll all head back to the lodge for some lunch and lounging around the pool, before departing on an evening game drive in search of Africa's elusive big cats: the lion, leopard and cheetah. This reserve is the scene of one of nature's most incredible and humbling events: the Great Migration. During the right season, watch with your jaw open as millions of wildebeest and zebra risk their lives crossing crocodile-infested waters with lions lurking on the banks as they bravely press forward to greener pastures.
4 - We'll treat ourselves to one last morning drive in the unforgettable Masai Mara before we head north. Make sure your camera is ready for your last glance of this extraordinary location.This afternoon we're passing through Lake Naivasha, where some scenes from the epic 1985 film Out of Africa were shot. We end up on the shores of Lake Elementaita for the evening. There'll be time for a rest and revive before we sit down together for a buffet dinner.
5 - Before we reach our next destination of Amboseli, our route today takes us back past Nairobi where we have the chance to get up close to some of Africa's biggest land mammals. This includes a visit to the giraffe centre for selfies with the world's tallest animal, and a heartwarming trip to an elephant orphanage sanctuary, to see the amazing work being done rehabilitating baby elephants back into the wild.We'll have a picnic lunch, and the afternoon will take us to our lodge on the edge of the Amboseli National Park with dinner included.
6 - After our morning's buffet breakfast, we will do a short safari walk to a Masai village, guided by Masaai warriors as they teach us about their culture and everyday lives co-existing with wild animals. After lunch we will head out to Amboseli National Park, famous for its iconic shots of elephants and wildlife feeding in the foreground while the peak of Africa rises in the background: Mt Kilimanjaro. It's a photographer's dream, and it's all yours. Our final dinner in Kenya will be included back at the lodge.
7 - Our last day of this incredible trip will send us off with a bang, including one last morning drive through the Amboseli, and then back up to Nairobi.With full hearts and memories, here is where we'll say fond farewells to our Africa adventure and our new Contiki family.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.