Falls to Namibia - 10 Days, SAVE $548*
Selected travel dates 24 August 2019 - 30 June 2020
10 day tour departing Victoria Falls.
8 nights accommodation camping.
Tents and sleeping mats provided, including 2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion.
1 night accommodation in a dorm/camping in Victoria Falls.
8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners.
Park Entry and Game drive Chobe NP.
Park Entry - Victoria Falls NP.
All camping fees and appropriate equipment All road taxes and tolls.
Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook).
Arrival transfer from Vic Falls Airport on day 1.
WAS $2192* per couple, NOW $1095* per couple, SAVE $1095* per couple.
Local Payment Required: Please note an additional local payment fee of USD $450 per person is applicable.
This will be charged on arrival.
BONUS This itinerary is also available in reverse.
Day 1 Victoria Falls. Welcome to Victoria Falls We'll be there to collect you at Victoria Falls Airport and transfer you to our campsite. Today there will be a pre departure meeting at 17.00 when you will be your fellow travellers and tour leader.
Day 2 Victoria Falls. Today is spent at leisure enjoying the plethora of activities available from white water rafting, horse back safaris, gorge swings to boat cruises.
Day 3-4 Chobe National Park to Kasane. Today we enter Botswana and reach Kasane. After lunch we depart for our Chobe National Park Overnight Mobile excursion - an overnight experience in the wilds of the Chobe National Park - one of Botswana's premier game parks, renowned for its large elephant herds. Spend the afternoon in search of wildlife while we game drive to our camp within the park where we spend the evening surrounded by the night-time noises of the local wildlife. After our night in the bush, we head out early to continue our search for wildlife, before packing up the camp and heading back to Kasane.
Day 5 Kasane to Maun. Heading out early, we cross the western end of the Chobe National Park area along the main route in a south-westerly direction to the southern reaches of the Okavango Delta and our destination, Maun. Maun is the starting point for travel into the Delta.
Day 6-7 Okavango Delta. We take the included overnight excursion into the Delta. After an early rise, we pack our expedition vehicle and from Maun we drive north for a couple of hours to reach the mokoro poler's station. The Delta region is studded with many local villages where many families live in a traditional way. Some of the villages are very remote and can only be reached by the traditional mode of transport - the Mokoro. Mokoros are dugout canoes manoeuvred through the waterways by local guides who "pole" them through the reeds. At the Mokoro station, we meet our 'Polers' and pack our supplies before heading out into the waterways. After a couple of hours along the waterways, we arrive at our mobile tented camp situated in the heart of the Okavango. On arrival you will meet the local staff who will be your host during your stay. A brief introduction to the camp will show you your dome tent with twin beds and a bush en-suite bathroom - long drop toilet and a bucket shower. Relax in the tent with a cold drink or take a paddle in the Delta in a canoe. The activities at the camp include Mokoro trails and guided walking. The following morning affords us a final opportunity for a game walk before packing up and setting off back to Maun. After our Mokoro ride and vehicle transfer, we arrive back around lunch time and have the chance to complete our picture of the Okavango Delta by taking an optional scenic flight over The Delta (dependent on weather conditions & availability).
Day 8-9 Ghanzi & Windhoek. We head towards the small village of Ghanzi which will be our last night in Botswana. Ghanzi is home to the San / Bushman and you can learn more about them by partaking in the Bushman experience offered by the campsite. The next day our drive will take us through small rural towns and scenic landscapes. Nestled between the hills, Windhoek is a rather small capital city but has many places of historical interest. This afternoon is spent at your leisure with time to visit the local museum or haggling at the street side markets. There are also many shops for those in need of a bit of retail therapy.
Day 10 Windhoek. This morning your tour ends after breakfast.ning your tour ends after breakfast. Breakfast
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- *From price of $1095 per couple (includes a saving of $1095). Excludes Local payment of USD $450pp due on arrival. Full payment required within 48 hours of booking. Non-refundable and non-transferrable. Not combinable with any other offer except past passenger loyalty discounts. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offer reliant on availability and can be amended or withdrawn at any time. For further terms & conditions visit www.onthegotours.com.