Ultimate UK Road Trip, 9 Days
Selected travel dates 1-31 May 2020
9 day Tailor Made itinerary departing London.
9 days car hire (intermediate size vehicle) pick up in London and drop off in Edinburgh.
London2 nights accommodation at the 4-star Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in a Double or Superior King Room.
Bath1 night accommodation at the 4-star Francis Hotel Bath Mga in a Double Classic Room.
Stratford-upon-Avon, Cotswolds1 night accommodation at the 4-star Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe in a Twin or Double Classic.
Manchester1 night accommodation at the 4-star Princess Street Hotel in a Double Premier King Room.
Windermere, Lake District1 night accommodation at the 4-star Laura Ashley The Belsfield Hotel in a Double Standard Room.
Edinburgh2 nights accommodation at the 4-star Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh Haymarket in a Double King Room.
Scottish breakfast daily.
Day 1-2 London Start your adventure in the iconic British capital of London! London is one of the most eclectic and lively cities in the world. Visit the Queen at Buckingham Palace, sip tea at the Ritz, watch one of the best theatre acts in the world in the West End, take the perfect picture with Big Ben, admire the iconic works at Tate Modern, or shop your way through Oxford Street. With hundreds of iconic events year round, there is something for everyone.
Day 3 Bath Escape the hustle and bustle of the city life and head to Bath, a World Heritage site located in the county of Somerset. Bath's stunning Georgian architecture is straight from a Jane Austen novel and indicative of the city's richness in history and heritage. The city has been a wellbeing destination since Roman times and you can still visit the ancient Roman Baths today. Consider strolling through the stunning Somerset countryside while you're here or visit the world-famous prehistoric Stonehenge, which is less than an hour's drive away.
Day 4 Cotswolds Venture deeper in the English countryside with a trip to the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds runs through 5 counties of rolling hills, charming cottages and local markets. Walk along historic trails, take in the breathtaking landscapes and see some of the country's greatest castles.
Day 5 Manchester Head to the birthplace of the industrial revolution and gateway to the north: Manchester. Manchester has a proud history in science, politics, music, art and - of course - sports. No trip would be complete without a tour of the of the Manchester United and Manchester City grounds.
Day 6 Windermere, Lake District Continue north to the Lake District. Known for its lakes, forests, mountains and valleys, the Lake District is home to some of Britain's finest scenery. Follow in the footsteps on Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth, hike the Scafell Pike or relax over a picnic lunch by Derwentwater.
Day 7-8 Edinburgh Head over the border to the Scottish capital of Edinburgh! Steeped in history, Edinburgh is a cultural blend of old and new. Visit medieval Old Town and see the iconic Edinburgh Castle, try the traditional Scottish dish, haggis, watch the sun set over Arthur's Seat and wait for dusk to descend before taking a ghost tour of the hidden city underground.
Day 9 Edinburgh From here you can choose to finish your Ultimate UK Roadtrip, or continue on to the Scottish Highlands in search of Nessy!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 9 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- Package contains instant purchase and non refundable components.
- Car hire parking costs may apply for hotel parking and parking is subject to availability.
- A one way drop off may be required and payable direct..