Northern Vietnam Escape: Sapa and Surrounds(Twin Room,Start Hanoi, End Hanoi)
From 07/01/2021 to 12/04/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Thu 07 2021 to Jan Mon 11 2021Sold OutFrom$1,315*
Jan Thu 14 2021 to Jan Mon 18 2021Sold OutFrom$1,315*
Apr Thu 08 2021 to Apr Mon 12 2021availableFrom$1,315*
Take a bike ride through the romantic scenery of Tho Ha VillageTry your hand at agricultural activities like crab-fishing & transplanting vegetables in Ninh BinhLearn to prepare family recipes from locally sourced ingredients in a family-run cooking class, Ninh BinhTrek toward Ta Phin VillageMeet members of the Red Dzao and Black H'mong tribes in Ta Phin Village & learn about their distinctive culture & customs.
This trip is all about saving you valuable travel time, using overnight trains so you wake up in a new destination each time.
You'll also have an authentic homestay with a local family where you can learn the local customs, eat some delicious Vietnamese food.
You'll be sampling some regional delicacies as we travel across Vietnam, with included lunches and plenty of opportunities to try the local food, from rice paper rolls to rich bowls of pho.
You'll be guided round Sapa by our super knowledgeable, fun and friendly Trip Manager, who will teach you about the local history, the regional delicacies and generally how to have a good time in this beautiful part of the world, while having your back with anything you want or need.
Day 1 - Welcome to Vietnam's eroded and elegant capital Hanoi, with its gorgeous colonial buildings and intoxicating energy. For all its charms, we're headed out of the city to somewhere decidedly more peaceful...We've reached the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trang An. We'll be left speechless by the soaring limestone karst peaks set against vibrant greens. We'll visit the Ancient Capital of Hoa Lu - Vietnam's first centralised fuedal state from the 10th century - as well as the temples of the Dinh and Le dynasties whilst marvelling at the lush rice paddies. After a local lunch, we'll hop on a boat with our skilled rower, as she takes us on a tranquil journey through the winding rivers, natural caves and canals of Tam Coc. You've never seen natural beauty like this before, and this twisting ride is as mind-blowing as it is peaceful.
Day 2 - This morning we'll take a bike ride through Tho Ha village, enjoying the dazzling greenery of the rural landscapes. Later today is your chance to engage in some agricultural activities such as catching crabs, fishing and transplating vegetables, before we return to the hamlet for a cooking class and lunch with a local family.
Day 3 - We've reached Lao Cai, the gateway to Sapa. After breakfast it's on to Cat Cat Village.Today is about enjoying the spectacular surroundings - discover cascading waterfalls and have your breath taken away by the terraced fields, vegetable patches and verdant hills. Continue to explore the breathtaking scenery by hiking to Muong Hoa Valley, home to the largest terraced rice fields in Sapa. Tonight, you'll get a real overview of the traditional customs and way of life with a local homestay, enjoying delicious local food and maybe some rice wine.
Day 4 - Rise and shine, you don't want to miss a moment. Today you'll hike and ascend through the mountains taking in the views of the terraced rice and corn fields. Once arriving at Ta Phin Village you'll meet the Red Dzao and Black H'moug groups who live peacefully together in the village yet retain their distinctive cultures.We're heading back to Hanoi tonight on another overnight train...
Day 5 - Our trip ends early this morning as we arrive at Hanoi station, a sharp jolt to the senses after all that serene nature. But this grand old capital has its own charms, and is just begging to be explored.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 December 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 December 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.