China Adventure(Twin Room,Start Beijing, End Shanghai)
From 10/05/2020 to 22/10/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sun 10 2020 to May Thu 21 2020AvailableFrom$4,885*
Jun Sun 21 2020 to Jul Thu 02 2020Sold OutFrom$4,885*
Jul Sun 12 2020 to Jul Thu 23 2020AvailableFrom$4,885*
Sep Sun 13 2020 to Sep Thu 24 2020AvailableFrom$4,885*
Oct Sun 11 2020 to Oct Thu 22 2020AvailableFrom$4,885*
3-star hotels and an overnight train are the name of the game.
We like to keep it intrepid, but there's no compromise on comfort.
Re-fuel with our hearty breakfasts, luscious lunches and delicious dinners, plus we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best eats in the East.
We'll get 17 of your meals, you get the rest.
Taste it all - spicy street eats, the freshest fruit and delicious gourmet dining.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life, along with Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Arrive Beijing Today we join up in the capital city of Beijing and begin rolling in the excitement of having 12-days of Chinese explorations lie ahead of us. Get cozy in our fancy hotel and perhaps do some DIY exploring before we get to know each other - no time like the present to begin getting cultured.
Day 2 - Beijing With another day filled with historical delights and jaw-dropping sites still here in the heart of Beijing, we will start to understand just how much this vast country has to brag about. A trip to the Great Wall, Ming Tombs & a Cloisonn? Factory will fill our day, while local delicacies at the Wangfujing Night Markets will colour our night.
Day 3 - Beijing This captivating city will start revealing its depths today as ancient monuments are presented to us up close and personal. We will roam the world's largest city square, visit the resting place of the founding father of the People's Republic of China, & tour the Forbidden City. The thriving Chinese artistic community of 798 Art Precinct will contrast the historical masterpieces with its modern galleries and trendy vibe.
Day 4 - Beijing Overnight Train to Xi'an Though we won't be spending another night in the capital, we've still got a few things to tick off our Bejing to-do list, not to mention some free time to do your own last bits of exploring. Roam the 1,700 stalls of the Silk Market (which offers way more than just silks), check out the Summer Palace, venture to the Temple of Heaven or just hang out at one of Beijing's many museum with a rickshaw ride in-between to really do it local. Tonight we kick on to Xi'an.When in China, ride the overnight train - that's our go local motto. Sleep soundly knowing tomorrow a new city will be ours to uncover.
Day 5 - Xi'an With a tasty Tang Dynasty dumpling dinner & show in our sights for this evening, we've got an equally incredible day lined up. A visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Terracotta Army & the TangBo Art Museum, anyone? Oh hell yes. Our Local Guide will show us around the site of the Terracotta Army, discovered in 1974 by local farmers. Excavation projects since have unearthed three pits containing over 8,000 soldiers as well as chariots & horses. Our guide will give us an insider's look at how the site was discovered, its historical significance & the effort that has gone into restoring the warriors. Back in the city, a Free time add-on dinner awaits. Sixteen dumpling variations is more than our foodie dreams could ever imagine.
Day 6 - Xi'an to Chengdu Rise, shine, and give your legs a shake out - today we'll be taking on Xi'an by two wheels. Cycling through the chaotic streets, we'll be able to poke through back alleys and learn to navigate the city. Then we'll head 'home' and pack our bags for another incredible destination.After a speedy train journey we'll land in Chengdu, where we can settle into our hotel before heading out to explore the teahouse dotted city.
Day 7 - Chengdu Team squeals will fill the air at breakfast this morning, as we prepare for half a day at a Panda Sanctuary. If hanging out with these gorgeous creatures hasn't completely worn you out, you can sign up for a Sichuan Cooking Class in the evening.
Day 8 - Chengdu to Yangshuo This morning we say goodbye to panda land and get ready to board a flight to Guilin. This city will be the gateway to our time in the countryside - it's time to get a little bit traditional.After a drive out of Guilin we'll arrive in Yangshuo, where we'll sip Tsingtao and shop the late night markets. With the quaint setting of this village & surrounding limestone karsts, we may never want to leave this endlessly scenic region. Drag yourself from staring at your surroundings long enough for your group dinner, it's going to be tasty!
Day 9 - Yangshuo With all the city time we've had of late,today's the perfect change to soak up some of mother nature's beauty by roaming the nearby hills. And what better way to do that with a Tai Chi Class in the park? Follow it up with some wandering around Yangshuo.
Day 10 - Yangshuo to Shanghai On yet another conveniently included flight we'll hop from Yangshuo to Shanghai, waving to the charming countryside setting on take off.Our ultimate scene change awaits us in Shanghai, a city bursting with energy and lights. The first night is yours to explore as you please with the chance to see some acrobats in full swing.
Day 11 - Shanghai Wakey wakey travellers - it's our first full day in Shanghai and it promises to be an epic one. First up we're heading to Chenghuang Miao (City God Temple) where 3 temples, teahouses, shops and restaurants will keep us entertained. Shanghai's Silk Museum and riverside promenade of Bund are also ours to explore before the chance to spend the final night together reminiscing on your trip while overlooking the Shanghai skyline and indulging in beautifully unique Chinese feast.
Day 12 - End Shanghai Okay Chinese revellers, our trip has come to a close. Though we knew this sad day was inevitable, it doesn't make saying goodbye any easier. Hug it out and go back to your corners of the world armed with a wealth of new knowledge, a stack of new pals and endless life-lasting memories. Beijing Dine on crispy Peking Duck at an authentic Chinese dinner in Beijing Visit the tombs of the Ming Empire in Beiijing Witness one of the wonders of the world: the Great Wall of China (Mutianyu section) Visit a traditional artisan Cloisonn? factory in Beijing Beijing to Overnight Train to Xi'an Ride in a Rickshaw Visit the huddled ancient hutongs (local backstreets) of Beijing Visit the Summer Palace Overnight Train to Xi'an Visit the TangBo Art Museum in Xi'an, full of traditional, folk, ancient & modern Chinese artefacts See the ancient Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, depicting the armies of the first Emperor of China Xi'an to Chengdu Cycle along the ancient city walls of Xi'an Chengdu Meet cute giant pandas in their natural habitat-like setting at the Chengdu Panda Breeding Sanctuary Chengdu to Yangshuo Included flight to Yangshuo Shanghai Pay your respects at Shanghai's City God Temple complex Explore one of China's traditional arts at the Shanghai Silk museum Visit Shanghai's Bund area Shanghai Tower
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..