Secrets of Esperance Adventure Tour, 6 Days
Only on 22 September, 6, 20 October, 3, 17 November, 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 December 2019, 5, 12, 19, 26 January, 2, 9, 16, 23 February, 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 March 2020
6 day tour departing Perth.
5 nights accommodation Swag camping with basic facilities.
5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners.
All National Park and entry fees.
Services of an Expert local guide.
Transport by Air conditioned minibus.
Day 1 Perth to Fitzgerald River National Park. Our adventure begins as we travel east from Perth over the Darling Ranges with our first coffee break in the historic township of York, WA's oldest inland town. A bit more driving and you'll be eating lunch in the shadow of Wave Rock. By late afternoon, we'll have arrived in Fitzgerald River National Park, an internationally recognised World Biosphere. This is our biggest day of driving travelling around 10 hours with stops along the way. Walking time is about an hour. Tonight, we swag camp at Fitzgerald River National Park which has toilet but no shower facilities.
Day 2 Esperance to Cape Le Grand National Park. Begin the morning with a brisk hike up East Mt Baron. Legs stretched, take the coastal route into Esperance for a coffee and mosey around. Then get ready for some of Australia's most breathtaking scenery. Set up camp in one of Western Australia most spectacular National Parks, Cape Le Grand iconic for its sunbathing kangaroos. Enjoy a free afternoon here to set out on a hike, get your kangaroo selfie, or just kick back with your new buds on the beach. Today travel 2.5 hours with stops along the way. Walking time is about 3 hours and you'll be swag camping with toilet and shower facilities at Cape Le Grand.
Day 3 Cape Le Grand National Park to Stirling Ranges. The views from the top of Frenchman Peak are pretty impressive, so this morning the top of Frenchman Peak is where we go. Following the hike, it's back in the bus for the drive into the Stirling Ranges, with a lunch stop near Esperance along the way. Depending on the time of the year, in spring we might seek out the beautiful wildflowers, or in the heat of summer, some secret swimming spots. Today driving time is about 6 hours and walking time is about 2 hours. Tonight, we swag camp at a private campground in the Stirling Ranges with shower and toilet facilities.
Day 4 Stirling Ranges to South West Coast. Today visit the oldest mountain range in the world, the Porongurups. They rise from the landscape like an island. Set out on a two-hour hike through some spectacular forests to Castle Rock. A bit of a climb but worth every bit of effort as you are rewarded with breathtaking views over the region. Jump back on the bus for a magnificent coastal drive towards Albany. Be wowed at The Gap and Natural Bridge before stopping for a dip at magical Elephant Rocks and Greens Pool in William Bay National Park near Denmark. From the coast to the forest, discover the pristine wilderness and old growth forests of the Walpole region. The last stop of the day is at the largest Tingle Tree in Western Australia. We do about 4.5 hours of driving today, with stops along the way. Tonight, we camp at a Quinnup Caravan Park which has shower and toilet facilities.
Day 5 Margaret River. After breakfast, those feeling brave can climb the 50 metre Diamond Tree. This native karri tree was once used as a fire lookout and is the only wooden tree top tower in the world. But today is all about tantalising your taste buds as we spend the rest of the day tasting our way around Margaret River. Visit boutique wineries, craft breweries, a chocolate factory and a cheese factory, sampling as we go. Cheers to that. Today we drive around 4 hours making stops along the way. Tonight, we camp at Big Valley Caravan Park in Margaret River which has shower and toilet facilities.
Day 6 Margaret River to Perth. On the last day of the tour you'll wake to the now-familiar laugh of kookaburras. Roll up your swag one last time before jumping on the bus to Dunsborough. There, you'll meet Wardandi custodian Josh, who will introduce you to the world's oldest living culture with his authentic and personal interpretation. Go deep down into the Ngilgi Cave for a memorable underground didgeridoo performance. Taste native foods, and experience traditional fire-lighting on this unique Indigenous cultural experience. As your tour draws to an end, we'll have a last dip at the popular tourist town of Busselton, where it's hard to miss the 19th-century Jetty stretching 1.8km into Geographe Bay. One last stint on the road has us arriving into Perth. Today we drive 4 hours and please make sure you have booked your Perth accommodation prior to departure.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- * Bags are restricted to 1x15kg backpack/soft travel bag per person, plus one small piece of hand luggage.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..