Women Empowerment in Nepal, 2 weeks
1 February 2020 - 30 June 2021
14 day volunteer tour in Nepal.
13 nights multi share accommodation.
Arrival orientation briefing.
Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency support.
Teach basic conversational English, computer skills and a range of other academic subjects to women of all ages in the vibrant city of Kathmandu. The program will have you teaching at a school set up purposely to educate young and elderly women who cannot read or write. You will be assisting them with extracurricular activities and inspire them to achieve their full potential and broaden their horizons through creatively structured lessons. This project is specially focussed on women who have come to Kathmandu from rural areas to work as housemaids. Most of these female workers do not have even basic education and find it difficult to make life changes in a modern society where education is a fundamental for personal development. Chetana Mahila Secondary School was established to empower women of all ages through education, improving their confidence, self assurance and independence. The main objective of this school is to motivate the younger and elder women to show their hidden talents.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on share accommodation unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..