Street Dog Rescue in Kathmandu, 2 weeks
1 February 2020 - 30 June 2021
14 day volunteer tour in Kathmandu.
13 nights multi share accommodation.
Arrival orientation briefing.
Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency support.
Kathmandu is like no other city in the world. On the surface chaotic, loud and frenetic yet at the same time calm, peaceful and spiritual. Full of character and atmosphere, street sellers push their wares and people go about their lives against a backdrop of historic temples and carved statues, all perched a stone's throw from the snowy peaks of the Himalayas. The streets and squares of Kathmandu are flooded with injured, starving dogs who must fend for themselves. This project seeks to reduce the number of stray dogs in the Kathmandu Valley and eliminate rabies through vaccination, birth control and public education. You will help in the rescue and rehabilitation of these un-cared-for street dogs and those that have been surrendered by their owners. Street dogs are usually mangy and starving. A lot of these animals suffer from the agony of infected wounds, skin disorders, worms and parasites and run the risk of losing their limbs. After being rescued, the dogs are kept in the animal shelter, given veterinary care and affection until such point as they can be offered for adoption and onto a better life. A perfect program for dog lovers and/or veterinary students or professionals, this is a chance to not only learn more about Nepal but to make a real difference to the very real problem of street dogs in Kathmandu.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on share accommodation unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..