Thailand Elephant Sanctuary, 1 week
1 July 2020 - 30 June 2021
8 day volunteer tour in Thailand.
7 nights of multi-share accommodation.
Arrival orientation briefing.
Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency support.
Support and assistance from your co-ordinator throughout your time on your placement.
Airport pickup and transfers.
Get up close to Thailand's elephants in this amazing sanctuary where they can freely roam. Here at the elephant sanctuary, retired and rescued elephants (due to age, ill health, disability, abuse or illegal ownership) now find a forever home. The elephants can freely roam around the sanctuary by day, and then are taken to the forest in the early evening. You will be spending time alongside experienced mahouts, who invest their entire lives gaining an understanding of the elephants and how best to care for them. You will get the chance to experience and bond with these gentle giants by feeding and bathing them, and by swimming with them Here, we work for the elephants, not the other way around. As at all Totally Travel programs worldwide, there is no elephant riding here. The location, Kanchanaburi is truly one of Thailand's natural gems and the perfect place to indulge in nature and spend time with the elephants at the sanctuary. Its surrounding limestone hills create an unimaginably beautiful landscape enhanced by its numerous bamboo-style buildings, stunning meandering rivers and unique temple caves. As well as plenty of time with the elephants, we will take you out to discover Kanchanaburi's gorgeous natural scenery.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on share accommodation unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.