Grand Hawaii Vacation, 13 Days, SAVE $710*
Only on 9 January 2020. Other departures available at a seasonal surcharge
13 Day tour departing Portland.
12 Nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches & 5 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by flight.
WAS $6228*, NOW $5518*, SAVE $710*.
Day 1 Honolulu. Upon arrival to the island of Oahu, you are greeted in the traditional Polynesian way-with a warm aloha and a LEI of fresh flowers. Transfer to your hotel in Waikiki. The remainder of your day is at leisure.
Day 2 Honolulu. A breakfast get-together with your Tour Director reviews activities scheduled throughout your stay. Next, a tour of PEARL HARBOR's famous Battleship Row. Listen to a narration of the dramatic air attack of December 7, 1941, and visit the USS Arizona and the impressive memorial dedicated to the 1,102 men still entombed. You will also have an opportunity to visit the museum, an excellent way to learn about Pearl Harbor Day, the Japanese strategy and military craft, and the individuals involved in the attack. Then, on to Punchbowl National Cemetery with its beautiful views of Honolulu. Other sights include Chinatown, the Hawaii State Capitol, royal 'Iolani Palace, and the statue of Kamehameha the Great. Tonight, enjoy an included dinner at your hotel.
Day 3 Honolulu. Today is free to relax, swim, enjoy water sports, or laze on the beach. Take the optional excursion to the Polynesian Cultural centre for authentic island arts, crafts, history, music, a dinner buffet, and a spectacular Polynesian show with more than 100 performers. This evening, enjoy an optional sunset cruise with dinner, Hawaiian cocktails, and splendid views of the glittering Waikiki coastline and Diamond Head.
Day 4 Honolulu to Kona via Hilo & Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Board a morning flight to the "Big Island" of Hawaii. Upon arrival in Hilo on the east coast, drive to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Here, see Kilauea Crater, rising 1248 metres (4,090 feet) above a volcanic wonderland of steaming fire pits, lava tubes, and fern forests. Next, enjoy an included lunch followed by a stop at Punalu'u Bake Shop to sample the famous Hawaiian sweetbread introduced to the area by Portuguese sugar workers in the 19th century. This traditional favourite is not to be missed Continue on to Kona, your home for the next three nights.
Day 5 Kona. This morning, visit the Kona Coffee Living History Farm, a working coffee and macadamia nut farm, where you have the opportunity to learn about the history of Kona's coffee industry and the remarkable pioneers who established these farms. Tonight, join your Tour Director for a festive LUAU. You'll have the chance to learn to hula, try some traditional Hawaiian specialties like poi, and see captivating performances by Polynesian musicians and dancers.
Day 6 Kona. Today is free for independent activities. Find a special place to relax poolside and enjoy the warm tropical sun and balmy breezes, enjoy an optional snorkelling cruise to Kealakekua Bay, or join the optional helicopter flightseeing excursion.
Day 7 Kona to Kauai. A scenic flight to the "Garden Isle" of Kauai, whose lush landscapes featuring orchids, hibiscus, and plumeria are often used as a setting for Hollywood films depicting tropical paradise. Upon arrival, proceed to Kilohana Plantation and join your Tour Director, who hosts a special lunch. Afterward, enjoy a narrated TRAIN RIDE which takes you on a tour of the historic plantation that passes through fruit orchards, lush gardens, and tropical farmland. Next, view pretty `Opaeka`a Falls on the Wailua River before continuing to your resort.
Day 8 Kauai. Spend the day as you please Take in refreshing ocean breezes from the beautiful white-sand beaches, immersing yourself in the heart of the island's beauty. No activities have been scheduled today to give you time to relax and enjoy your oceanfront resort. Optional tours include helicopter flightseeing or a zipline adventure in the mountains.
Day 9 Kauai. Drive to Waimea, once the Polynesian capital of Kauai and the site where Captain Cook landed in the islands in 1778. Sightseeing highlights include Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific," and Hanapepe Valley. A stop at the largest coffee plantation in Hawaii, Kauai Coffee Company, includes time at the visitor centre, where you can learn about coffee production and the history of the Kauai Coffee Company. En route back to your hotel see Spouting Horn, the famous blowhole created from a lava tube. Spend your last evening on Kauai relaxing at the resort, exploring further, or indulging yourself in some souvenir shopping.
Day 10 Kauai to Maui. A morning flight takes you to the "Valley Island" of Maui. Drive to the lush `Iao Valley to see the `Iao Needle, a spectacular volcanic spire. Visit Lahaina, then continue on to Ka`anapali, your home for the next three nights. The balance of the day is at leisure.
Day 11 Maui. Today enjoy an included cruise. From mid-November to mid-April, take a cruise to search for the humpback whales that populate the waters. The remainder of the year features a cruise on the Reef Dancer, a semi-submarine that features an underwater viewing cabin where you can observe marine life and the beautiful coral reef. From the deck of the boat, enjoy beautiful views of Lahaina. The remainder of your day is at leisure.
Day 12 Maui. Enjoy a final free day in Maui. Perhaps take an optional excursion to Haleakala National Park, site of the huge volcanic Haleakala Crater, known as the "House of the Sun." In 1980, this native ecosystem of cinder cones and dense rainforest was designated an International Biosphere Reserve. Another choice is the "Road to Hana," one of the world's most impressive drives, with 54 bridges and numerous waterfalls. There's plenty of time in the afternoon to relax and enjoy your hotel's facilities and beach.
Day 13 Maui. Your tour ends with breakfast this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin and multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..