Canyonlands Escape, 7 Days
Only on 29 November 2020. Other departures available at a seasonal surcharge
7 Day tour departing Portland.
6 Nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch & 2 three-course Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by flight.
Day 1 Las Vegas. Welcome to lively Las Vegas At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
Day 2 Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon National Park via Zion National Park. This morning, leave "Sin City" behind and travel northeast into Utah to visit Zion National Park, the state's biggest and oldest national park. Explore Zion's deep red canyon walls and its oasis that relies on the historic Virgin River-a tributary of the Colorado River running through the park. Next, continue to Bryce Canyon National Park, where wind, water, and time have shaped the sandstone cliffs into magical and curious goblins, towers, and fins.
Day 3 Bryce Canyon National Park to Moab. Today, continue north and travel further into Utah's Colorado Plateau. Arrive at the town of Moab, an outdoor adventure mecca and the location of geological drama of impressive degrees. Tonight, why not enjoy dinner at one of Moab's restaurants or visit the shops on Main Street?
Day 4 Moab. After breakfast, visit Arches National Park, carved by wind to create more than 2,000 natural sandstone arches. Later, visit Dead Horse Point State Park, known for the wild mustangs that roamed the area before the turn of the 19th century only to be round-up by cowboys and corralled in the nature-made promontory. Enjoy dramatic scenery as an ever-changing landscape unfolds. This evening is free to enjoy Moab on your own.
Day 5 Moab to Grand Canyon National Park via Monument Valley. After breakfast, travel south for a special visit to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where isolated red buttes surrounded by vast desert bring the American West alive. Join a local Navajo guide for a comfortable 4-Wheel-Drive tour to explore Monument Valley's backcountry. Then, visit Goulding's Lodge for lunch and enjoy authentic Navajo fry bread. Spend some free time exploring Goulding's Trading Post Museum, offering a glimpse into the bygone era of the Old West, the valley's western movie locales, and the area's rich history and culture. Next continue to Grand Canyon National Park, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World drawing more than 5 million visitors a year. After an orientation tour of Grand Canyon Village, arrive at your hotel for a 2-night stay. Be sure to view the canyon's awe-inspiring sunset, followed by Mother Nature's own light show of the starry sky above this designated Dark Sky Park. Tonight, why not enjoy dinner at the historic El Tovar Lodge with its displays of murals depicting the customs of the regional Native American Tribes - the Hopi, the Apache, the Mojave, and the Navajo.
Day 6 Grand Canyon National Park. Today, a full free day to explore Grand Canyon National Park. You may wish to partake in an exciting optional flightseeing trip over the Grand Canyon or explore the rim on foot. Visit Mather Point and the Grand Canyon Visitor centre to learn about the geology of the canyon and enjoy a visually stunning video exploration of the canyon rim to the river-from dawn to dusk. Be sure to visit the Kolb Studio, the 1905 restored family home of the Kolb brothers who created a lasting legacy of exploration photography within the canyon. Tonight, join your Tour Director for a special farewell dinner.
Day 7 Grand Canyon National Park to Las Vegas. This morning, leave the great canyons behind and return to Las Vegas with a stop at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport for those with homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 3 pm. The trip ends at Treasure Island Hotel for those guests with extra nights.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 6 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin and multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..