Ionian Islands Sailing Adventure from Corfu
From 16/08/2020 to 11/10/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sun 16 2020 to Aug Sun 23 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Aug Sun 23 2020 to Aug Sun 30 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Aug Sun 30 2020 to Sep Sun 06 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Sep Sun 06 2020 to Sep Sun 13 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Sep Sun 13 2020 to Sep Sun 20 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Sep Sun 20 2020 to Sep Sun 27 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Sep Sun 27 2020 to Oct Sun 04 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
Oct Sun 04 2020 to Oct Sun 11 2020AvailableFrom$2,138*
It’s just you, the crew and the big blue while you sail past the stunning beaches and charming towns of the Ionian Islands.
By embarking on a small-group sail, you’ll be able to cruise to smaller islands and drop anchor in secluded coves, unreachable by the tourist hordes.
With an expert crew who have got a rough itinerary planned, you and your group can choose your pace and they can tailor the sail to suit everyone’s needs – it’s what you might call a ‘cruisy’ trip.
What’s the point of sailing on the Ionian Sea without being able to dive right in? Get plenty of time to snorkel in the crystal-clear waters in search of local marine life.
The island of Corfu is the ideal place to begin and end your sail.
With small towns to discover, stretches of sand to lay on and too much seafood to eat, why not consider extending your trip here?.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 8.
Day 1 - Corfu Welcome to Corfu! Your adventure begins on arguably the most popular Ionian island, laden with wildflowers and cypress groves, mountains and beautiful beaches. It has a World Heritage-listed Old Town and stunning stretches of coastline. Meet your fellow travellers and sailing crew at an important welcome meeting at 5 pm, getting briefed about what lies ahead. The first port of call is the local supermarket to buy supplies for your trip as a group. The starter pack will include provisions for some breakfasts, lunches and/or snacks. If you have any special dietary requirements, please make sure you notify us at the time of booking so we can accommodate your requests. Until then, sit back and relax, and soak up all the Greek hospitality.
Day 2-7 - Sailing the Ionian Islands There’s just blue skies, shimmering water and the sea breeze between you and the Ionian Islands. Over the next week, you’ll have the opportunity to laze about on deck, visiting ancient ruins and historic small towns, strolling the shores of pristine beaches and swimming in the sublime crystal-clear waters, and all the while not having to worry about a thing. While the nature of a sailing adventure means that exact landing sites and times are flexible, your crew have a rough idea of the best places to visit, and below you’ll find some of our favourites. This is the perfect escape to taste some of the best this region has to offer, and to go with the flow. Paxos The tiny island of Paxos is only 10km long, with landscapes of ancient olive groves, pebble beaches, cliffs and grottoes. The island was said to be connected to Corfu until mythological Poseidon cut Paxos and Corfu into two using his trident – all to create a lovenest with his mistress! The port village of Gaios is the largest on the island, and worth a wander, with laneways of whitewashed and pastel buildings. An excellent range of tasty traditional food is on offer at the many restaurants and cafes, both near the waterfront and Gaios' main town square. Antipaxos Paxos’ smaller neighbour, Antipaxos dispels the myth that bigger is better. With some of the most vibrant turquoise waters on the coast, admire how the white chalk cliffs blend into the sand, and what this island lacks in size makes up in tranquillity and beauty. Lefkada Colonised by the Corinthians in the seventh century BC, Lefkada gained its name from the white rocks where mythological poet, Sappho, threw herself to her death unable to bear her torturous love for Phoen: once a boatman from Mytilene. The island's mountainous hinterland is lush with olive groves, vineyards and pine forests that flow down to a dramatic coastline of sheer cliffs, fabulous beaches and vibrant blue seas. Despite being a popular tourist destination on the island of Lefkada, Lefkas has mostly managed to retain an air of authenticity. Much of the town was rebuilt after a devastating earthquake, however while the original style was honoured, they fashioned the upper floor of their properties with painted sheet metal. Strolling through the narrow alleyways gives an alluring taste of this unique style. The many cafes, bars and restaurants on the waterfront make an ideal spot to chill out in the relaxed surrounds. Ithaka Widely known as the home of Odysseus, Ithaka is a smaller island off the northeast coast of Kefalonia, boasting numerous coves of sand, pebble and rocky beaches, and a real peaceful charm. The 3000-odd residents inhabit the four towns of Vathy, Perahori, Stavros and Anoyi, and sailing by the seaside towns or exploring on foot shows you its true old-world charm. Kefalonia Kefalonia gets the perfect balance between blues and greens – the verdant hues of the rolling hills of pine, cypress and olive trees, down the chalky cliffs to the sparkling blue of the Ionian Sea. It has traditional villages, pristine beaches, rugged coastlines and pleasant seaside towns. You may even spot the caretta caretta (sea turtle) swimming offshore, or the playful monk seal in the water.
Day 8 - Corfu Dock back in Corfu, where your sailing adventure finishes on arrival at around 9 am. If you wish to spend more time here, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation (subject to availability). Please speak to your agent at the time of booking to arrange this.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..