From 07/11/2020 to 03/04/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
ORIENTATION of TarragonaVIEW the ancient Les Ferreres Aqueduct in TarragonaVISIT La Sagrada Família, Montjüic Hill, Montserrat Monastery, Freixenet Wineries in Sant Sadurní d'Anoia, Park Güell, Casa Milà and El BornSEE Dartmoor, the Lake District, Ben Nevis and Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands and the 18th green at St.
7 breakfasts3 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHand-picked Trip Highlights.
1 - Surrender to the seduction of Barcelona - Spain's sultry second city which boasts a proud Catalan culture and a boundless energy you'll get to explore over the coming days. On arrival, transfer to your hotel, then spend the rest of the day on your own exploration before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your week-long stay. In Barcelona, the local cava is as sparkling as the city's nightlife, so resist the urge to retire early and embrace the effervescent energy of its cosmopolitan heart.
2 - The fanciful fa?ades of Gaud? are among the many highlights on your morning sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist'. You'll walk through the intricately carved doors of La Sagrada Fam?lia and into the creative genius of Gaud? as you explore his unfinished masterpiece and learn why it has taken generations to complete his life's work. Ascend to Montju?c, the lofty origins of Barcelona, before indulging in an afternoon at leisure to explore on your own. You could choose to soak up the sights and sounds of Las Ramblas, winding your way from the harbour to the bustling Pla?a de Catalunya. Or explore more of the fairy-tale Spanish Art Nouveau architecture that line many of Barcelona's streets. Tonight, the flurry of skirts and castanet claps provide a mesmerising encounter with Spanish culture on an Optional Experience to a spectacular flamenco show including dinner. Ol?!
3 - Leave the sun-kissed shores of the Costa Daurada and head into the mountains for a visit to Montserrat. On the panorama of rocky pillars you will find Catalonia's most renowned Benedictine Monastery, Santa Maria de Montserrat, founded in the 11th century. Later, visit Sant Sadurn? d'Anoia where you'll 'Dive Into Culture' and learn the delicate art of Cava production at Freixenet Wineries. With fruity flavours lingering on your palate, you'll return to Barcelona for a free afternoon to explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience to explore the labyrinthine lanes of the historic Gothic Quarter, followed by dinner and drinks in a local restaurant.
4 - Gaud?'s magic touch on Barcelona's skyline takes centre stage today during this morning's sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist'. Delve into the legacy of 'God's architect' as you explore the organic shapes and architectural treasures of Park G?ell and admire the ethereal fa?ades of Casa Mil?. Indulge in a free afternoon to enjoy a quiet siesta or explore more of the city on your own terms. That could mean a visit to the lively La Boqueria market where your every sense will be engaged as you wander past stalls laden with cheeses, charcuterie and seafood. This evening, join your travel companions for a Regional Dinner at El Nacional Barcelona and embark on a culinary adventure showcasing the flavoursome cuisine of the Iberian Peninsula.
5 - Tread in the footsteps of the ancients when you visit Tarragona today to see its UNESCO-listed Roman ruins. Your orientation tour will reveal several of the city's ancient monuments, including the Les Ferreres Aqueduct, also known as the Devil's Bridge. Explore the remaining remnants of the Roman Empire and the beautiful religious buildings that date back to the 12th century. Tonight, an Optional Experience could see you join a dinner and night-time city panorama tour with your travel companions.
6 - Indulge in a full free day to experience life as a Barna local. Set your watch to the laid-back pace of your Barcelon? hosts and enjoy a leisurely morning soaking up the caf? culture of Barcelona at Passeig del Born or grab your front-row seat and people watch at Pla?a Reial - the choice is yours. You could choose instead to join an Optional Experience to Figueres and visit the Dal? Museum. Embrace the 'theatrical dream' Dal? hoped his museum would create and admire the world's most diverse collection of his works, as well as curiosities from his imagination. Return to Barcelona where you're free to enjoy the cosmopolitan nightlife.
7 - A leisurely start to your day eases you into the sights and sounds of El Born 'Dive Into Culture' when you embark on a tapas walking tour and savour local favourites like Jam?n Iberico, Croquetas and Montaditos. You'll be pleased to have the afternoon off to get your final fix of Barcelona, including an opportunity to finish some last-minute shopping. This evening, join your Travel Director and new friends for a rousing Farewell Dinner to toast to an epic exploration of one of Europe's most vibrant cities.
8 - Treasure the memories of an extraordinary encounter with Barcelona as you bid your travel companions farewell. A transfer to Barcelona Airport is available.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 02 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.