One Week in Brazil
From 12/11/2020 to 10/12/2020
Leave the guidebook at home and get to know Rio with on orientation walk with your expert leader- they know where to find those hidden hot spots that won’t return a result on a search engine.
Party down with the locals in the streets of colonial Paraty, where Portugal meets Brazil, jungle meets sea and relaxation meets adventure.
Bliss out with two full days to explore the amazing island of Ilha Grande.
With its virgin rainforests, blue lagoons and splendid beaches, you’d never imagine that it had such a treacherous pirate history!.
Paddle through mangroves on a kayak, discover jungle and waterfalls on a jeep tour or explore some of Brazil’s breathtaking beaches – the options are endless during your free time in Paraty!.
Explore the best of Brazil knowing that you’re in the safe and knowledgeable hands of your expert leader.
They’re on hand to make sure you have a hassle-free, fun-filled adventure!.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Hotel (7 nights).
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Day 1 - Rio de Janeiro Bem-Vindos! Welcome to Brazil. The locals like to say that 'God made the world in six days, the seventh he devoted to Rio', and we tend to agree! In this vibrant city – set against the luminescent green of Guanabara Bay and surrounded by the slopes of Sugarloaf and Corcovado – it's hard not to be caught up in the passion of the city's residents (known as Cariocas). Enjoy free time to explore on your own until an important welcome meeting at 6 pm.
Day 2-3 - Paraty This morning, you’ll join the locals on a bus from Rio to Paraty. It will take approximately 4 hours, so make sure you’ve charged your phone and have plenty of tunes to keep you going – or use this time to get to know your new friends, or the locals! The remainder of today and tomorrow are free to explore Paraty at your own pace. Check out the town’s pretty architecture as you wander along the cobbled, pedestrian-only streets (which become partly covered in seawater at high tide!) or take an adventure into the rainforest and follow one of the trails into this tropical national park – keeping an eye out for colourful birds and cascading waterfalls. Alternatively, get onboard a boat and cruise along the island-studded bay for scenic views of the stunning coast – the choice is yours!
Day 4 - Ilha Grande Today you’ll take a shared transfer to the port followed by a ferry to the incredible island getaway of Ilha Grande (approximately 5 hours in total). This island paradise of pristine beaches and rainforest was once a pirate’s lair, a leper colony and a prison for violent criminals! But don’t worry, it’s now perfectly safe to explore, and you have over two full days to do so. One of the magical things about Ilha Grande is that it’s been largely untouched by development – there are no private cars or banks on the island, so while this inaccessibility adds to the charm, make sure you bring cash with you.
Day 5-6 - Ilha Grande Enjoy two full free days to explore Ilha Grande. With swimming, snorkelling, seafood and scenery for days, Ilha Grande has something for everyone and you’re sure to find your own slice of paradise here. Whether you want to hang out with your travel mates or go off and do your own thing, there’s no rules and no itinerary to follow, so enjoy the freedom and endless options. Wander along rainforest trails to beautiful and remote beaches (Lopes Mendes and Aventureiro Beach are among the most scenic) or take an optional boat trip out to the Blue Lagoon, beach hopping through Ilha Grande Bay along the way, or simply indulge in the abundance of fresh fish dishes or a dip in the clear water. This evening why not catch up with the rest of the group and relax with a caipirinha at a restaurant or bar in Vila do Abraao, the main town.
Day 7 - Rio de Janeiro Wave goodbye to the island life this morning as you board a boat to the small port of Mangaratiba, followed by a minivan back to Rio de Janeiro. (Approximately 3.5 hours) The rest of the day is free to explore or simply hit the beach and relax – perhaps rent a stand-up paddle board on Copacabana beach and get a view of the Rio coastline from out on the water. Later, you might like to join your leader on a hike to Urca Hill (known by many as the sugar loaf hike), you can catch the cable car if you prefer, but there’s nothing more rewarding on a clear day, than the phenomenal sunset over Rio that greets you at the top. This evening, perhaps head out with your group and dance the night away in the bohemian neighbourhood of Lapa, renowned for its live music, dance halls and open-air samba jams!
Day 8 - Rio de Janeiro There are no activities planned for today or accommodation included tonight, but that doesn’t mean that the fun has to end! If you’re looking for an active adventure that takes you off the beaten track, ask your leader about one of the incredible hiking tours available. Whether you want to discover the hidden beaches of Rio or challenge yourself to reach the renowned Pedra Bonita summit, there’s something for all abilities. Alternatively, book onto the Urban Adventures Rio Jungle Bike Tour and venture into the Brazilian rainforest (and beyond) with an expert guide, find out more at urbanadventures.com. For the environment enthusiasts, opt for the Rio Eco City Tour and visit all the main ‘green’ areas and eco-parks in Rio within 1 day. With plenty to choose from, we highly recommend extending your time in this beautiful city. We’ll be happy to help you out with extra accommodation (subject to availability) – just ask us at the time of booking.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.