Mediterranean Fables - Eclectic Standard, Summer 2020
From 08/10/2020 to 01/11/2020
Included Insight Services.
Your knowledgeable local Insight host will ensure your time in Athens is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom.
Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
7 nights aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, outdoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, casino, bars & restaurants.
You will enjoy the services of a Cruise Director, while on board, and all port taxes and crew gratuities are included.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily onboard your ship and we provide a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages.
Transfers are included between Insight hotels and cruise port.
Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Day 1 - Athens, City of Gods. You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. At 19:00, join your Insight Vacations Representative and fellow travellers for a Welcome Drink.
Day 2 - The Glories of Athens. See all the remarkable glories of Athens on a tour of the city. The highlight, of course, is a visit to the Acropolis with the remarkable Parthenon. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Set Sail for Turkey. Board your ship this afternoon and set sail for vibrant Istanbul, a city where continents collide. While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served onboard daily. Your cruise includes a selection of alcoholic beverages and non alcoholic hot and cold beverages are included.(Breakfast / Dinner)
Day 4 - Exploring Istanbul. Enjoy a full day walking through the lively streets, bustling with friendly locals, as aromatic spices fill the air. Take in the beautiful palaces and churches, adorned with colourful mosaics. Be sure to taste local treats such as Turkish delight and baklava.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 5 - On to Canakkale. Today you will spend your time exploring a destination with rich history. Walk the atmospheric cobble stone lanes or along the sweeping waterfront promenade. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to visit the ancient city of Troy?(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 6 - Cruise to Crete. Spend your day at leisure today exploring the bustling city of Volos. Why not wonder along the harbour and dine in one of the picturesque restaurants, taking in the views of fishing boats and yachts that line the seafront?(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 7 - Santorini. Sail to Crete, home to the birthplace of Zeus according to the Greek mythology. There is time at leisure to explore the capital, Heraklion, site of King Minos' Palace of Knossos with a Local Expert.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 8 - Cruise to Mykonos. Wake up in Santorini with a full morning at leisure to relax. Gaze at the sheer cliffs of Santorini and dazzling panorama. Explore the capital of Thira, with its clifftop restaurants and caf?s, breathtaking views and amazing sunsets. Later, join a Local Expert for a visit of the Cycladic village of Oia, one of the most authentic and unspoiled villages of the island. In the afternoon, set sail for picturesque Mykonos.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 9 - Mykonos. The full day is yours to relax and explore Mykonos, with its dazzling sugar cube houses and whitewashed windmills. Tonight, the maze of walkways, welcoming tavernas and nightlife are yours to discover.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 10 - Athens. Disembark in the morning and transfer to your hotel where you are at leisure. Relax, shop or bargain in the local market. Perhaps ask about an optional experience to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion?(Breakfast)
Day 11 - Depart Athens. Bid farewell to Athens. Your journey ends with a transfer to the airport.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Cruising: While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served on board daily. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages. Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 6 Lunches (L) and 7 Dinners (D) all with tea or coffee. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package featuring a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, and hot beverages. Insight Experiences Heraklion: While in Crete, enjoy your guided visit to the Palace of Minos at Knossos. Top Rated Highlights Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you'll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion. Mediterranean Cruising: Explore Istanbul and Canakkale in Turkey. Visit the Greek Islands of Crete, Santorini and Mykonos.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.