Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island, 7 Days
Valid for select departures 18 April 2020 - 2 April 2021
7 Day tour departing Warrnambool.
6 Nights accommodation in a Hotel.
6 Full buffet breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners with wine & 1 Farewell Dinner.
Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Travel by luxury coach.
Day 1 Melbourne to Warrnambool. Embark on one of the world's premier road trips - the Great Ocean Road. Just off shore in the Port Campbell National Park, the towering limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles rise 50 metres above the wild Southern Ocean. You'll also see nearby Loch Ard Gorge and visit the impressive London Bridge natural rock formation before arriving in the rural town of Warrnambool.
Day 2 Warrnambool to Naracoorte. Visit the Worn Gundidj Aboriginal Cooperative at Tower Hill State Game Reserve, where your guide will provide you with an Indigenous perspective on the area's flora, wildlife and volcanic formations. Cross the border into South Australia and continue to the world-renowned Coonawarra wine region, pausing at a vineyard for a tasting. Before arriving in Naracoorte you'll be joined by a local expert for a guided tour through the Alexandra Cave.
Day 3 Naracoorte to Kangaroo Island. Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, where rolling hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the winding Murray River. Visit the charming seaside town of Victor Harbor before a ferry takes you to Kangaroo Island, famous for its unspoiled natural beauty and fine produce. Visit South Australia's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of award-winning Australian gins and delicious liqueurs. Your destination is Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
Day 4 Kangaroo Island. Begin your exploration of fascinating KangarooIsland today with a visit to the spectacularRemarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Vivonne Bay before experiencing the only 'in-flight' birds of prey display in South Australia, where you'll see an array of birds including the majestic Wedgetailed Eagle. Later, join a ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country's most important breeding colonies.
Day 5 Kangaroo Island to Adelaide. This morning, board your ferry to cross back to the mainland and travel to picturesque Adelaide. You'll take an orientation tour with your Travel Director before checking into your hotel and then embarking on an Included Choice sightseeing experience: hear fascinating stories about the early history of Adelaide on a guided city walking-tour or visit the Art Gallery of South Australia.
Day 6 Adelaide Hills & The Barossa. Discover the rolling Adelaide Hills and the renowned Barossa today, stopping first at picturesque Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement. Wander down its tree-lined streets and take time to explore the quaint shops and taste some of the town's artisan produce. Continue to the Barossa for lunch before visiting the Jacob's Creek vineyard to sample some world famous wines. Travel back to Adelaide through a tranquil landscape dotted with stone cottages and olive groves to join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 7 Farewell from Adelaide. Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..