Tassie's Parks & Nature, 7 Days
Valid for select departures 18 September 2020 - 1 April 2021
7 Days tour departing Hobart.
6 Nights accommodation in a Hotel.
6 Full Buffet Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 5 Dinners with Wine.
Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Travel by luxury coach.
WAS $3250*, NOW $2925*, SAVE $325*.
Day 1 Welcome to Hobart. Begin your exploration of the beautiful island of Tasmania with a tour of its capital, including Battery Point, Salamanca Place, the Botanical Gardens and Constitution Dock. The last stop is Mt. Nelson for amazing views of Hobart. Get to know your travelling companions tonight at a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 Salamanca Market. A free day to enjoy the sights, sounds, flavours, colour and action of Salamanca Market. Explore the market stalls, wander through the historic sandstone warehouses discovering innovative Tasmanian arts and crafts and delight in the taste and aroma of freshly baked goods and local produce. Meet the friendly people who make or grow what they sell. Take a moment to sit back and relax at one of Salamanca's cafes and watch the world pass you by with a cooling ale or locally produced cider.
Day 3 Hobart to Strahan. This morning head west to New Norfolk and the magnificent Mt. Field National Park, Tasmania's oldest, and join your Travel Director for a stroll through the lush rainforest to the spectacular three-tiered Russell Falls. Continue to iconic Lake St. Clair before travelling on to the Wall in the Wilderness, a monumental sculpture where artist Greg Duncan has hand-carved a collection of panels commemorating those who shaped the area's past and present. Pass through the eerie moonscape of the mining town of Queenstown, along the rainforest bordered road of World Heritage protected Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, and on to coastal Strahan.
Day 4 Strahan to Cradle Mountain. A highlight today is your cruise on the spectacular Gordon River, where the wilderness comes to the water's edge. Stop at Sarah Island for an insight into a relic of Tasmania's convict history. See Hells Gates, the treacherous entrance to the Macquarie Harbour, and Heritage Landing, site of the 2,000 year old Huon Pine. Travel through the mining towns of Rosebery and Tullah as you make your way to your hotel set on the edge of sensational Cradle Mountain National Park.
Day 5 Cradle Mountain. This morning you'll marvel at the inspiring beauty of Cradle Mountain National Park. Join your Travel Director for a visit to the Waldheim Chalet for insight into the early history of the Cradle Mountain area. Later, take a guided walk by Dove Lake. You may spot Bennetts wallabies, echidnas and pademelons grazing along the way.
Day 6 Cradle Mountain to Launceston. After breakfast, take a walk with a local expert through the Hellyers Road Whisky Distillery in Burnie. See ingredients and processes that deliver one of the finest single malt whiskys in the world. Continue to quirky Sheffield, the 'Town of Murals', then call in at the award-winning Ashgrove Tasmanian Farm to try a selection of local cheeses. Travel through the Meander Valley to Tassie's 'northern capital' Launceston.
Day 7 Farewell from Launceston. See Launceston's magnificent Cataract Gorge before taking a scenic drive through the Tamar Valley's rolling hills for lunch and winetasting at Josef Chromy Wines. The views from the surrounding vineyards and lakes provide an idyllic location to enjoy tasting some of the estate-grown cool climate wines and tucking into some fresh local Tasmanian produce. After lunch, say farewell to your new-found friends as your holiday comes to an end this afternoon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..