New Zealand Uncovered, 17 Days
Valid for select departures 7 April - 22 September 2020
17 Days tour departing Auckland.
16 Nights accommodation in a Hotel.
16 Full buffet breakfasts, 1 Be My Guest Lunch, 1 Lunch, 1 Be My Guest afternoon tea, 3 Highlight dinners, 7 Dinners with wine & 1 Farewell Dinner.
Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Travel by luxury coach.
WAS $7475*, NOW $6727*, SAVE $748*.
Day 1 Welcome to Auckland. On arrival in Auckland you'll have time at leisure to explore or relax. Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Reception and dinner with your Travel Director.
Day 2 Auckland. After a city sights tour enjoy time at leisure.
Day 3 Auckland to Tauranga. You're invited to a Be My Guest lunch at the Red Barn on the Waikato farm of Lance and Bridgette O'sullivan, New Zealand horse racing royalty. Later, travel to Tauranga, in the Bay of Plenty.
Day 4 Tauranga to Rotorua. Travel through Te Puke to visit Kiwifruit Country, then on to Rotorua for an orientation tour. This afternoon explore Te Puia Thermal Reserve. Then an evening of culture, history and a Hangi feast Highlight Dinner awaits you at the Tamaki M?ori Village.
Day 5 Rotorua. Embark on one of your Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Glide through the Waitomo Glowworm Grotto, take an ancient forest zipline adventure with Canopy Tours, visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, or explore Rotorua and its lakes in an amphibious WWll-era Duck.
Day 6 Rotorua to Wellington. Journey through forests and farmland to the turquoise torrent known as Huka Falls. The road unfolds in a broad panorama of stunning Lake Taupo. Continue south and along the Kapiti Coast to the capital city, Wellington.
Day 7 Wellington to Blenheim. Explore Te Papa Museum of New Zealand. This afternoon cruise the Cook Strait into tranquil Queen Charlotte Sound. The village of Picton is next, then it's on to Blenheim for a city sightseeing tour. Tonight, enjoy a 3-course Highlight Dinner celebrating local produce and the wines of the Marlborough region.
Day 8 Blenheim to Christchurch. Travel to Kaikoura, where sperm whales can often be seen not far from shore. Travel along the Pacific coast and across the Canterbury Plains to Christchurch.
Day 9 Christchurch to Twizel. This morning, join our Sustainable Tourism Commitment by planting a native tree in the Port Hills of Christchurch, an area recovering from wildfire. Next, visit the home of Angie and Stan Taylor at Lake Tekapo, for a Be My Guest afternoon tea and to learn about a lifetime spent farming. Later, view the little stone-hewn Church of the Good Shepherd on your way to Twizel.
Day 10 Twizel to Dunedin. Journey along the Waitaki River, with a photo stop at the Waitaki Hydro Power Scheme and Benmore Dam. Travel through to Oamaru and on to Dunedin. Choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience. Take a wildlife cruise out to Otago Peninsula, visit the famous Speight's Brewery or ride the historic Taieri Gorge Railway.
Day 11 Dunedin to Te Anau. After free time, travel through lush sheepfarming land. Then the rolling, grassy hills turn back into forested, rugged mountains, as you meander your way up into Fiordland National Park to Te Anau.
Day 12 Te Anau to Queenstown. You will take the scenic journey through the rainforests, beech forests and meadows of Fiordland National Park and out to Milford Sound to cruise on this natural wonder. Afterwards, travel to Queenstown for an orientation tour.
Day 13 Queenstown. Choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience. Ride the Shotover Jet, take a gondola to Bob's Peak and visit Kiwi Birdlife Park or a minibus tour through Skippers Canyon. This evening, cruise across Lake Wakatipu aboard TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue Highlight Dinner.
Day 14 Queenstown to Franz Josef. Visit the gold mining settlement of Arrowtown. From here you will travel to Cromwell to taste delicious stone fruit at a local orchard. It is a day of gorgeous lakes, as you travel further into Central Otago. Cross over the Haast Pass as the landscape changes from alpine scenery to the rainforest marvels of the wild West Coast. Your destination is the extraordinary Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 15 Franz Josef to Punakaiki. Visit Hokitika, home of the native greenstone for a factory visit and jewellery demonstration. Later, travel to Punakaiki to view the Pancake Rocks and Blowholes. You'll spend the night in an eco-friendly resort right on the waterfront.
Day 16 Punakaiki to Christchurch. Travel to Greymouth to visit the iconic Monteith's Brewery and taste some of their innovative brews before a pub-style lunch. Later you will journey aboard the TranzAlpine train to Christchurch. This evening, join your Travel Director and new-found friends for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 17 Farewell from Christchurch. Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday concludes after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..