Scotland's Magical Castles Self Drive, 9 Days
Barcaldine Castle sits majestically above a rocky outcrop located near the shores of Loch Creran in Argyll between Oban and Fort William. Built in 1609 and restored in 1897 the Castle has now been converted into a luxury guest house property which guests can experience and savour. The castle has 5 unique and individually designed rooms with luxury toiletries and some feature castle turrets. Breakfast is served in the great hall where there is also a small lounge and an impressive stone log burning fire. Coats of arms and animal trophies adorn the walls.
Nestled in the picturesque Scottish Highlands, Fonab Castle, refurbished and opened in 2013, boasts luxurious rooms, scenic views, mature gardens, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and 2 restaurants.
Each individually designed room has been decorated sympathetically to blend a contemporary style with the original room features. The elegant end suite bathroom has a spacious walk-in power shower, bathrobes, slippers, and Thierry Mugler toiletries. Luxury Egyptian cotton, a flat-screen smart TV with Revo entertainment system, a Nespresso coffee maker, tea making facilities, fresh fruit and mineral water are also included. Some rooms offer views of the Loch Faskally or of the Highlands' landscape.
Fonab Castle Hotel has 2 on-site restaurants; the Fonab Brasserie offering lighter meals and the Sandemans Fine Dining Restaurant for a sophisticated dining experience. On warmer days, diners may enjoy an al fresco dinner on the terrace overlooking the loch. The cellars boast a great selection of wines, whiskies and gins.
Cringletie House Castle
The Borders region is one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland and yet rather undiscovered and therefore quiet. The narrow country roads will give many hours of pleasure driving through the countryside. This small and luxurious country house hotel is privately owned and was completely refurbished in 2004. The hotel is fully wheelchair accessible and has a dedicated room for the physically challenged.
Within the grounds, archery can be organised as can mini highland games. Fishing can be arranged and also mountain biking and golf. There are some 55 marked walks in the seven forests along the river Tweed and picnic hampers can be delivered.
Breakfast is available to guests each morning. At lunchtime and in the evenings guests may select dishes from the set menu or choose from the a la carte options. Special dietary requirements may be catered for. Guests may book either a half-board or full
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..