ANZACS on the Western Front
From 13/05/2020 to 08/10/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Wed 13 2020 to May Sun 17 2020AvailableFrom$2,669*
May Fri 29 2020 to Jun Tue 02 2020AvailableFrom$2,669*
Jun Mon 22 2020 to Jun Fri 26 2020AvailableFrom$2,669*
Jul Wed 08 2020 to Jul Sun 12 2020From$2,429*
Jul Thu 16 2020 to Jul Mon 20 2020AvailableFrom$2,429*
Jul Fri 24 2020 to Jul Tue 28 2020AvailableFrom$2,429*
Aug Sun 09 2020 to Aug Thu 13 2020From$2,429*
Aug Mon 17 2020 to Aug Fri 21 2020AvailableFrom$2,429*
Aug Tue 25 2020 to Aug Sat 29 2020From$2,429*
Sep Thu 10 2020 to Sep Mon 14 2020From$2,669*
Sep Fri 18 2020 to Sep Tue 22 2020AvailableFrom$2,669*
Sep Sat 26 2020 to Sep Wed 30 2020AvailableFrom$2,669*
Oct Sun 04 2020 to Oct Thu 08 2020From$2,429*
Take time to pay respects at your relatives' graves.
Visit the Wellington Quarries - a system of tunnels dug by New Zealand engineers.
Delve into history at the Franco-Australian Museum in Villers-Bretonneux.
DAY 1 - Lille-Ypres The first day of our tour will take us from Lille to Ypres via the historic Messines Ridge. After walking in the footsteps of WWI soldiers at the Passchendaele battlefields (where allied forces fought to break the German line in 1917), we'll pay our respects at Polygon Wood and Tyne Cot Military Cemetery. After that, we'll have plenty of time to visit the shell-scarred Hill 60 and fascinating Hooge Crater Museum before we return to Ypres for the evening - where a welcome dinner awaits us. Accommodation: TBC
DAY 2 - Ypres After this morning's breakfast, we'll continue to delve into the moving stories of the West Flanders Front with an included visit to the In Flanders Fields Museum - a unique institution that commemorates the four-year trench war and conveys a contemporary message of peace. This afternoon, you'll be free to explore Ypres as you please - and this evening, we'll have the privilege of attending the playing of the Last Post under the iconic Menin Gate. Accommodation: TBC
DAY 3 - Ypres-Amiens Today it's out of Belgium and onwards to Flanders. Our destination? Fromelles, the site of the disastrous attack of 19 July 1916 - where we'll pay a poignant visit Pheasant Wood Cemetery and the new exhibition nearby. Then: we'll move on to the Wellington Quarries, where New Zealand engineers dug tunnels to the Front as part of the preparations for the Battle of Arras. We'll remember Australia's role in this battle at Bullecourt, with a stop at the Digger Memorial later this afternoon. Accommodation: H?tel Le Prieur? (or similar)
DAY 4 - Amiens-The Somme-Amiens The Somme still captivates the soul - and it's here that the ANZACs first saw major action in 1916. Today we'll visit Pozi?res and Mouquet Farm (sites that were especially important for Australian soldiers), as well as Longueval and Flers - which were similarly significant to the Kiwis. Before we reminisce on our tour at this evening's farewell dinner, we'll also take some time to remember the colossal loss experienced by Great Britain, with a visit to the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme. Accommodation: H?tel Le Prieur? (or similar)
DAY 5 - Amiens-Villers Bretonneux-Lille As the home of the National War Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux is central to Australian WWI commemoration and memory. Today we'll visit the Franco-Australian Museum and the Sir John Monash Centre before shifting our focus to the last year of the war - 1918 - with a visit to Le Hamel, the site of the successful 4 July attack. Then, it's back to Lille we go - where our tour will come to a close.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..