Festive King Tut with Cruise - 10 Days
From 2021-12-17 to 2022-12-30
Breakfast daily, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
4 nights 4-5 star hotels, 3 nights aboard 5 star Nile Cruiser (en suite cabin).
2 overnight trains from Cairo to Aswan and Luxor to Cairo (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 10.
Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan and Luxor.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation.
Day 1 - Cairo Saturday. Welcome to Cairo, Egypt's bustling capital. You will be met at Cairo Airport and transferred to our start hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, or those arriving early may wish to book our Backstreets of Cairo tour which visits lesser known highlights of the capital including Tahrir Square, the hub of the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.
You may also extend your stay in Cairo with our pre or post tour accommodation or tour add-ons like our Alexandria Day Trip.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Today we visit to the legendary Pyramids of Giza, sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World followed by the iconic Sphinx nearby. We continue to a government supervised papyrus emporium, followed by Saqqara to see King Zhoser's Step Pyramid - the first known pyramid ever built. After the tour we return to Cairo and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 - Cairo Cairo - Aswan. Today we visit the new Grand Egyptian Museum, which houses a giant exhibition containing the treasures of King Tutankhamun. Many pieces on show are being displayed for the first time and artefacts have been brought together from across Egypt and the world to this one location. The museum also makes use of new technology including virtual reality. Note: the Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020, though an official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum instead.
There is time to relax before we board the overnight train to Aswan this evening.
Day 4 - Aswan This morning we arrive into Aswan and enjoy a short boat trip to Agilika Island for Philae Temple - dedicated to the goddess Isis and rescued under an enormous UNESCO effort in the 1970s to save the temple from the rising waters of the High Dam. Back in Aswan we visit a perfume oil emporium before check-in onboard our Nile Cruiser, which will be home for the next three nights. Later, there is free time to perhaps enjoy some shopping in the colourful souks and markets or simply relax in this attractive town which straddles the River Nile.
Day 5 - Aswan Aswan - Nile Cruise. Optional early morning drive to Abu Simbel, the famous the rock-cut temple of King Ramses II, the Great Builder. We then return to our 5 star Nile Cruiser which this afternoon will cruise the River Nile to Kom Ombo where we disembark to visit the temple.
Day 6 - Nile Cruising Nile Cruise - Luxor. Relax, enjoy a swim in the pool and chill out in the sun on deck this morning. Let your troubles melt away as we cruise the River Nile to Luxor. Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak, 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. Arriving into Luxor this afternoon the rest of the day is free to explore the city before we spend our final night aboard the cruiser.
Day 7 - Luxor This morning we disembark and check into our 5 star Luxor hotel. The day is free to relax and explore. Tonight, an optional visit is available to the Temple of Luxor – beautifully illuminated at night (book/pay locally).
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Cairo. This morning we venture to the tomb strewn Valley of the Kings. Highlights of the visit include the Colossi of Memnon, a massive pair of statues that stand silent against the backdrop of history, the Valleys of the Kings and the awesome ramped and colonnaded Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
The Valley of the Kings is studded with often highly decorated tombs, constructed to once house the regal sarcophagi enclosed mummies of the mighty pharaohs awaiting passage into the after-life. This afternoon after lunch and time to relax we visit the colossal Temple of Karnak. Lose yourself in the stone-columned Hypostyle Hall and go crazy with your camera. This is ancient Egypt! Tonight we return by overnight sleeper train to Cairo.
Day 9 - Cairo This morning we arrive into Cairo and check into our hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore Egypt’s bustling capital your way. Consider visiting the famous Khan el Khalili Bazaar to pick up some souvenirs or admire the imposing Citadel of Saladin.
Day 10 - Cairo Our amazing holiday comes to an end and we bid farewell to our guide and fellow travellers. Included airport departure transfer.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans