Wonders of Thailand
From 08/09/2020 to 11/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Tue 08 2020 to Sep Thu 17 2020From$3,549*
Oct Tue 06 2020 to Oct Thu 15 2020From$3,549*
Nov Tue 03 2020 to Nov Thu 12 2020From$3,549*
Nov Tue 17 2020 to Nov Thu 26 2020From$3,709*
Dec Tue 01 2020 to Dec Thu 10 2020From$3,709*
Jan Tue 05 2021 to Jan Thu 14 2021From$3,709*
Journey off-the-beaten track in the mountainous region of Tak.
Visit the iconic River Kwai Bridge and discover more about WWII history.
Take a fascinating tour of Chiang Mai's oldest Buddhist temples.
DAY 1 - Bangkok, Thailand Welcome to Thailand! Our journey will begin in buzzing Bangkok, a city alive with floating markets, gleaming temples, bustling tuk-tuks and busy street food stalls. After transferring from the airport to our hotel, we'll come together for a welcome dinner (and our first taste of authentic Thai cuisine) at a local restaurant this evening.
DAY 2 - Bangkok First on today's agenda: a morning of relaxation at the hotel. Later, we'll set out on a tour of Old Siam - both by foot and by long-tailed boat, as we weave along Bangkok's khlongs (a network of waterways that criss-cross the city). On our travels, we'll stop off at Bang Luang Artist Village, where we'll have the chance to meet a traditional Thai water puppet maker and watch a puppet show in action (subject to availability). More nautical adventures are in store this afternoon as our boat trip continues along the Chao Phraya River - with one final stop at the splendid Wat Arun temple. This evening, we're in for a culinary treat: a tuk-tuk street food tour through the city's lively night-time streets. We'll even have time to take a look at the magnificent temple of Wat Arun, which will be beautifully illuminated after dark.
DAY 3 - Bangkok - Nong Khao - Kanchanaburi After breakfast, we'll leave Bangkok behind and make tracks to Kanchanaburi: a city filled with lush riverside resorts. After dropping off our bags at our hotel, we'll travel to the rural village of Nong Khao, where a traditional lunch awaits us at the home of a local farming family. We'll have some free time to relax at our hotel this afternoon before a delicious Thai dinner is served.
DAY 4 - Kanchamaburi - River Kwai - Kanchanaburi Featuring a poignant train ride along the Death Railway (the infamous railway line constructed by Commonwealth, American and Dutch prisoners of war during WWII), today's itinerary is set to be a history-filled one. Along the course of the day, we'll pay visits to the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, which commemorates the lives of prisoners and slave labourers killed by Japanese troops, and the fascinating Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, where we'll gain further insight into the area's place in WWII history. Before the day is out, we'll also pay a visit to the iconic River Kwai Bridge, a landmark made famous by the classic novel and film. This afternoon, there will be plenty of time to reflect on the day's activities before dinner.
DAY 5 - Kanchanaburi - Ayutthaya This morning will see us make tracks to the ancient and mysterious city of Ayutthaya - once one of the world's wealthiest cosmopolitan cities. After checking into our accommodation, we'll enjoy a tantalising Thai meal with views across the river. Next, we'll turn back time as we explore three of the main temple ruins strewn across the city including: Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wat Mahathat and Wat Chai Wattanaram. This evening, we'll venture out onto the streets with our Tour Leader in search of some authentic street stall cuisine.
DAY 6 - Ayutthaya - Tak After breakfast at our hotel, we'll move onto our next stop: the mountainous province of Tak. Thanks to the region's relative isolation from the rest of Thailand, Tak remains quite untouched by the traditional tourist trail, making for a relaxing escape. After checking into our welcoming family-run hotel deep in the tropical countryside, we'll watch the sunset over the river before learning about the traditional dishes and ingredients of the region with a hands-on cooking demonstration. We'll enjoy our flavoursome creations for our dinner tonight.
DAY 7 - Tak - Mae Sot - Tak Today we'll continue our journey off the beaten track with a visit to the remote yet multicultural city of Mae Sot. Here, we'll set out to explore the vibrant markets, where you can see a culturally diverse mix of Hmong, Karen, Burmese and Muslim people trading, bartering and browsing stalls full of exotic produce. After taking some time to meander the markets, we'll head back to our accommodation for an afternoon of leisure time. And this evening? Another included meal awaits.
DAY 8 - Tak - Lampang Luang - Chiang Mai Next stop: the relatively undiscovered city of Lampang, where we'll spend some time exploring the beautiful Lanna temple. After that, we'll pay a visit to the impressive Lanna-style house of Baan Sao Nak before stopping in at the Dhanabadee Ceramic Museum for an overview on the area's iconic 'chicken bowls'. After a tasty lunch, we'll move on to Lamphun for a culture-filled visit to a local art and craft centre. Tonight, you'll be free to dine where you please in the spiritual city of Chiang Mai.
DAY 9 - Chiang Mai Chiang Mai's spiritual atmosphere and ancient Old City will act as the backdrop for today's tour of the city's most fascinating Buddhist sites. After breakfast, we'll visit the majestic Wat Chedi Luang - an excellent example of 14th-century Lanna-Buddhist architecture. We'll take some time to explore the intricate carvings and stunning hand-painted murals inside the main temple building before moving on to Wat Phra Singh and Chiang Mai's oldest temple: Wat Chiang Man. We'll conclude the morning's temple explorations at Wat Suan Dok - an ancient monastery that houses an awe-inspiring 500-year-old Buddha statue. After a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, the afternoon will be yours to spend at your leisure.
DAY 10 - Chiang Mai After a leisurely breakfast at our hotel, we'll say our goodbyes.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..