Argentina Eclipse Express 2020 - 4 Days
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
3 breakfasts and 1 gourmet picnic lunch with premium Argentinian wines.
3 nights 3 star boutique hotel.
Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and 4.
Expert local guides for scheduled sightseeing.
Full day solar eclipse excursion to an exclusive observatory camp with an astronomer guide.
Half day Bariloche scenic tour.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private vehicles.
Eclipse viewing glasses.
Maximum group size: 22.
Day 1 - Bariloche Sunday 13th December 2020. Welcome to Argentina! On arrival in Bariloche, you'll be met by our representative and transferred to the Peninsula Petit Hotel. Located on the shore of magical Lake Nahuel Huapi, the hotel boasts incredible views of the surrounding forests and mountains. The rest of today is free to relax or go exploring in the area. There's a private beach at the hotel where you're sure to bump into the friendly hotel dog, Nahuel, who is very popular with visitors.
Day 2 - Bariloche 14th December 2020. Experience the incredible astronomical event that is a total solar eclipse today. We have a full day excursion to an exclusive Nomad observatory camp, at a privileged location along the central path of the eclipse, near Piedra del Aguila. Departing Bariloche with our local guide early this morning, enjoy a incredibly scenic drive to the vast steppe lands in the east of Nahuel Huapo National Park. Arriving at our eclipse camp, you can have a drink, relax and await the eclipse in comfort or go for a short hike in the stunning Patagonian wilderness.
The big event begins with a partial eclipse at 11:45 local time. 13.08 is the start of the total eclipse, with totality lasting for just under 2 minutes. We'll be in the perfect spot to watch this incredible spectacle unfold (subject to weather conditions). Eclipse glasses will be provided to ensure you can watch this natural phenomenon safely.
Solar eclipses usually occur twice a year, however total solar eclipses are rare. A total solar eclipse is when the moon perfectly aligns in front of the sun, plunging the entire area into total darkness. Look out for Baily's Beards as the eclipse unfolds - these small blots of lights appear just before the total eclipse and are caused by gaps in the mountains and valleys on the Moon's surface allowing sunlight to pass through in some places but not others.
After the mesmerising eclipse, we'll enjoy a delicious 'Campestre' picnic lunch at our camp, accompanied by premium Argentinian wines. Relax and reflect on the spectacle you just witnessed before we return to the hotel in Bariloche, arriving late afternoon.
Day 3 - Bariloche Scenic Tour We spend our final day in Bariloche exploring the staggeringly beautiful Patagonian hills. Our half day sightseeing tour of the region will take in the breathtaking vistas of Lake Nahuel Huapi and Victoria Island. We also head through pine forest and past towering rock formations to the top of Campanario Hill. The incredible views from the top of the hill were voted one of the "Top 10 Views in the World” by National Geographic. The rest of the day can be spent further exploring Bariloche and its surrounding area at leisure.
Day 4 - Bariloche Wednesday 16th December 2020. Today our amazing solar eclipse adventure comes to an end. Enjoy a final breakfast at the hotel before an included transfer takes you to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.