Day 1 - Athens (Piraeus) This is the cradle of civilization, the oldest city in Europe. Not only is this city home to the Acropolis and some of the most important architectural structures and archaeological finds in the Western world, It is also a very modern city, an urban amalgam of extraordinary art, culture, cuisine and shopping.
Day 2 - Chania, Crete, Greece One of the most beautiful cities on the island of Crete, charming Chania has also been the site of many great battles. Greeks, Christians, Moors, Venetians and Ottomans all fought for control of the city. See how these cultures interweave when you explore Old Town, with its Venetian Harbour, 16th-century Turkish prison, 17th-century mosque, Greek Orthodox Chania Cathedral and more.
Day 3 - Katakolon Katakolon is a sleepy, likeable little port with a cluster of bars and shops along the harbour front. It’s also starting point for a visit to Olympia, site of the original Olympic Games, held every four years and dedicated to Zeus. As you wander past the evocative ruined temples, courts and courses, it all seems a far cry from the big business of today’s Olympics.
Day 4 - At Sea
Day 5 - Naples you must try the real thing before you explore the historic centre with its grand palace, cathedral and opera house. Feeling romantic? Take the hydrofoil to the isle of Capri or the Amalfi Coast drive to Sorrento and don’t forget your camera. History buffs make for Pompeii, to see how the Romans lived back in the 1st century AD.
Day 6 - Rome (Civitavecchia) Civitavecchia has been the port for Rome since the 13th-century and the Eternal City is still the big draw. It wasn’t built in a day, but you’ll see a lot in yours, from the massive Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica and Vatican City to the sun-filled piazzas, fabulous fountains, ultra-chic designer stores and oh-so-tempting pavement cafés, where you can do as the Romans do.
Day 7 - Florence/Pisa (Livorno) How lucky to visit the Tuscan region, Florence & Pisa, resplendent in art and history. What's even more fortunate is that all the main attractions in Florence are centrally located for the perfect walking tour. See Santa Croce, Piazza del Duomo and Michelangelo's David.
Day 8 - Monte Carlo The world's second smallest country is big on glitz and glamour. Perhaps best known for its breathtaking casino and headline-making royal family, Monte Carlo is all manicured streets, impressive palaces and lush city parks. Come see how the rich and famous live and play.
Day 9 - Barcelona Life in the Catalan capital is as fast and fun as anywhere in Europe. Take a stroll down Las Ramblas, where the street theatre is just as crazy as the fantastical Art Nouveau architecture of the city’s most famous son, Gaudi. The Gothic Quarter with its narrow streets and vast cathedral is big on atmosphere and the neighbourhood tapas bars are just the place to refill.
Day 10 - At Sea
Day 11 - Cadiz (Seville) Founded over 3,000 years ago, Cadiz grew rich on treasures brought back from Spain’s New World and the atmospheric streets of the old town have changed little since this golden era. It’s also the port for Seville, a romantic city with gorgeous Moorish architecture, and for Jerez de la Frontera at the heart of Spain’s sherry region, where wine tasting is a must.
Day 12 - Lisbon Hop on a rattling yellow tram for a ride around the seven hills of Lisbon, checking out the ancient Moorish Alfama district and hill top St. George’s Castle, the narrow lanes of the Bairro Alto and riverfront Belem with its Monument to the Discoverers. Stop for delicious pastries and maybe a seafood lunch down by the water.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..