Bucket List China, 10 Days
HighlightsDay 1 Australia to Beijing.
Upon arrival, a tour representative will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel.Day 2 Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City.
Visit Tiananmen Square, one of the largest public squares in the world and the venue of the infamous 1989 Tiananmen Square demonstrations. Acclaimed as the 'Gate of Heavenly Peace', it is the foreground to the Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Otherwise known as the Imperial Palace Museum, the Forbidden City is the citadel of China's last 24 Emperors during the Ming and Qing dynasties, and was the political and ritual centre of China. Cap off the day with an opportunity to attend a legendary large-scale musical drama, "The Golden Mask Dynasty" (not included).Day 3 Great Wall of China.
Continue your educational journey of China's fascinating history with a stop at a Jade Museum to observe skilled artisans carve intricate designs. With more than four thousand years of history, jade stone in Chinese culture symbolises preciousness and beauty, and embodies the Confucian virtues of courage, wisdom and compassion. Before long, you will drive through the mountainous countryside to one of the top archaeological wonders of the world, the iconic Great Wall at Juyong Pass, an accessible and gentle stretch meandering over 3500 miles of China's northern mountain ranges from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert. Immerse yourself with an optional tour to experience life in ancient Beijing at a 700-year-old Hutong (narrow alley) and dinner with a local family still living in old courtyard-style houses (not included).Day 4 Beijing to Suzhou.
Today is your chance to become experts in Traditional Chinese Medicine, a 5000-year-old practice that incorporates herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise and dietary therapy. Based on the concept of a connection between mind, body and environment to prevent and manage diseases, elements of its natural and holistic approach are widely adopted in Western medicine. With your mind and soul at ease, travel on a high-speed bullet train to the harmonious city of Suzhou often described as the 'Venice of the East' for its classical gardens, palaces, canals and bridges.Day 5 Suzhou to Wuxi.
China is the largest silk producer in the world and Suzhou is renowned for its exquisite quality silk. Today you can witness the delicate silk-making process from silkworm cocoons at the Silk Spinning Factory and testify that the handmade quilts are as light as feather. Then take a stroll in the world-famous Lingering Garden, featuring ornate viewing pavilions and a splendid landscape of water and striking rockeries. You have an opportunity to cruise along the Grand Canal (not included) to view life along China's ancient waterway. Travel to Wuxi, the 'land of fish and rice', to conclude the day at famous Nanchang Street, an ancient thoroughfare showcasing the juxtaposition of traditional and modern living.Day 6 Wuxi to Hangzhou.
Gain an insight into China's enormous manufacturing and production capabilities with a visit to a Pearl Factory to learn about freshwater pearls, a key export commodity with great cultural significance since the Han dynasty. Then take in the pleasant sounds at Li Lake Park, home to egrets and many rare species of birds, and the wonderful scenery of picturesque Taihu Lake, the second biggest freshwater lake in China. Top off your evening with a spectacular "Impression West Lake" show (not included) staged entirely upon the open-air of the West Lake with a backdrop of natural mountains and real water - a truly captivating artistic masterpiece of music, light and dance produced by the theatrical director of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games' opening and closing ceremonies.Day 7 Hangzhou to Shanghai.
Described by Marco Polo as 'the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world', Hangzhou is considered the tea capital of China. Learn how to make local specialty Longjing Tea at a tea house while immersed in the stunning natural scenery of the village surrounds. Then enjoy a small boat ride on the UNESCO-listed West Lake where you will see the ethereal beauty of Hangzhou's willow-draped islands. Next, transfer to cosmopolitan metropolis Shanghai to visit the famous Bund, a five-block riverfront promenade of shops and commercial buildings. Modern mega high-rises on the east and traditional European-style architecture on the west are divided by the Huangpu River. Complete a memorable evening with the option to attend a spectacular Chinese acrobatic show, "ERA: The Intersection of Time" or "SPIRAL" (not included), widely praised as the best acrobatic show in Shanghai.Day 8 Shanghai.
Today is free at leisure or you may join a Shanghai Day Tour with Maglev Train Experience (not included) to soak up Shanghai's best sights including Shanghai Bazaar where you can shop for last minute souvenirs, the affluent streets of Xintiandi composed of old-style Shikumen residences and modern architecture, and the world's fastest commercially operating train with a top speed of 390km/h. Last but not least, one of the best ways to enjoy the extraordinary evening scenery along the Huangpu River is to take a charming "Huangpu River Cruise" (not included).Day 9 Shanghai to Australia.
Transfer to the airport for your onward journey.Day 10 Arrive Australia.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..