Incredible Vietnam, 12 Days
HighlightsDay 1 Australia to Hanoi.
Depart Australia today on your Vietnam, China Southern, Malaysian Airlines (or other, subject to availability) full service flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.
Upon arrival, be met and transferred to the hotel. Note: Due to flight times and scheduling, some customers may be required to depart on the day before (day 0). Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure in HanoiDay 2 Hanoi to Halong Bay.
After breakfast this morning, depart for Halong Bay. Cross the fertile Red River delta to reach the coast just before noon. Embark on an overnight cruise in the legendary seascape of Halong Bay. onboard, enjoy delicious seafood-based buffet lunch, with the iconic limestone rocks as background. In the afternoon the boat will visit Sung Sot Cave and Titop Island for time to relax and soak up the scenery. The program can vary based on time of the year and weather. End the day out on deck for sunset before dinner.
Overnight: Onboard in a comfortable private cabin with attached bathroom.
Please note: Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions. Swimming or kayaking excursions may be cancelled due to poor weather. Unused services are not subject to a refund.Day 3 Halong Bay to Hanoi.
At dawn, an early Tai Chi session is available on deck, before breakfast is served. There is a chance to kayak in the calm waters of Drum Cave before checking out. The boat then cruises through Halong Bay, passing traditional Ba Hang fishing village, Dog Islet and other scenic areas. Experience a simple cooking demonstration before lunch, disembarkation and your transfer back to Hanoi.Day 4 Hanoi to Danang.
There is time for breakfast at the hotel today, before being transferred to the airport for your flight south to Danang. Relax for the rest of the day; seaside Danang has a beachy vibe, with excellent dining options and street life to observe.Day 5 Danang.
Enjoy a full free day to relax today. Or, join the optional (not included) tour to Ba Na Hills and the famous Golden Bridge, seemingly floating in clouds, supported only by a large, lifelike hand. The tour includes a cable car ride, lunch and time at the nearby amusement park.Day 6 Danang to Hoi An.
After breakfast and time to check out this morning, take the short drive down to Hoi An. The riverside town is famous for its beautiful, well preserved architecture, food scene, shopping and river side markets. The old town is compact, easy to navigate and incredibly scenic both day and night.Day 7 My Son Sanctuary.
After breakfast this morning, your bus and tour guide will collect you for the scenic drive (approx. 48kms) to My Son Sanctuary, home to Hindu ruins - some built in the 4th century. Spend the next few hours exploring the complex, comprised of over 70 structures representing several eras and architectural disciplines.
At midday, join a boat trip up the Thu Bon river, enjoy a light lunch onboard and enjoy the outstanding vistas from the water. Stop briefly at a riverside carpentry village to observe their traditional methods.
After returning to the boat dock, be transferred back to Hoi An for the evening at leisure.Day 8 Hoi An.
Take a leisurely breakfast at the hotel this morning before taking advantage of free time to further explore Hoi An and surrounds. Admire the centuries old ornate Chinese architecture while you wander the alleys and river front. Alternatively, choose the optional Bicycle and Cooking Class (also available on Day 6). You may also choose to take the Optional Candlelit Dinner cruise tonight.Day 9 Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh.
After breakfast, be transferred to Da Nang airport for the short flight to Ho Chi Minh city. After being met and transferred to the hotel, the rest of the day is free to explore vibrant Ho Chi Minh city.Day 10 Ho Chi Minh and Cu Chi Tunnel tour.
Please bring water and a snack with you as this day trip does not include lunch.
After an early breakfast, meet your driver for the 60km drive to Cu Chi. Take in the peaceful rural scenery as you drive between rice paddies, look out for ducks and water buffalos swimming in the rivers alongside the road.
Cu Chi is now considered a heroic district for its role in the anti-American war in Vietnam, with its famous tunnel system extending over 220km. The tunnels served not only as an underground network for travel, but also contained the Viet Cong Headquarters, basic housing and even schools for the besieged local residents. After spending the morning learning about the area, your driver will transport you back to Ho Chi Minh City for an afternoon of free time to explore the city.Day 11 Ho Chi Minh to Australia.
Conclude your Northern Vietnam & Hoi An experience with a transfer to the airport for your flight home.Day 12 Arrive home.
Note that some flight may arrive in Australia on Day 11. Please check your final documentation for confirmed travel times.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 4 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Deposit is $1000pp.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..