Icons of England Self Drive, 10 Days
Day 1 London to Cambridge.
From London, travel north, possibly stopping at Jacobean Audley End House and Duxford Imperial War Museum on route to the glorious university city of Cambridge where you can explore labyrinthine cobbled parades and squares and marvel at the intricate architecture of world-renowned colleges including Kings College, Trinity College and Christ's College. Take a stroll along the Backs, extensive parklands behind the university or take a punt on the river with one of the resident students.
Day 2 Cambridge to York.
Continuing north arrive in the stunning medieval city of York with a wealth of historic and cultural sites to explore from the cobbled streets such as the famous Shambles, Britain's first shopping street, the Viking Jorvik Center, the medieval city walls, gates and towers, the opulent Georgian Era Fairfax House and the National Railway Museum current home of the Flying Scotsman. The highlight of course will be exploring the iconic York Minster.
Day 4 York to The Cotswolds.
Passing south in to the Heart of England, make a stop at Kenilworth Castle before visiting England's most visually imposing fortresses at the stunning Warwick Castle. Arriving in Stratford-upon-Avon discover the abundant Shakespeare Heritage in this picturesque, market town of Tudor timberwork buildings. Explore the town including Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Hall's Croft.
Day 6 The Cotswolds to Bath.
Today explore the beauty of quintessential English countryside in the Cotswolds' rolling hills and eccentrically named villages such as Stow on the Wold and Moreton in Marsh. Arriving in Bath, experience a UNESCO world heritage city which oozes Georgian opulence and is home to architectural highlights including the Elizabethan Abbey, Pulteney Bridge and the Royal Crescent not to mention the spectacular iconic Roman Baths and Pump Room.
Day 8 Bath to Windsor.
Returning East towards London, you may choose to stop at Lacock Abbey, used in TV and film productions of Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter before passing on to the eerie Salisbury Plain to see England's most iconic site at the mysterious standing stones of Stonehenge before arriving in Salisbury to explore the cobbled streets and England's tallest cathedral spire. A final stop will be at Highclere Castle featured on television as Downton Abbey before arriving in Windsor.
Day 10 Windsor to London.
Spend today exploring the magnificent town of Windsor home to cobbled squares, timber fronted houses, and the world's largest inhabited castle at Windsor Castle, the Queen's favoured residence.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, 'resort fees', 'national park fees', 'trip kitties' and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..