Devon and Cornwall - Bed and Breakfast, 5 Days
4 January - 5 April 2020
4 nights accommodation B&B Style.
Tour transport with driver/guide.
Rabbies Discount Card.
Day 1 London to Exeter. Depart London and travel out through the old kingdom of Wessex to its ancient capital the historic city of Winchester. Having explored this fascinating gold town with its magnificent cathedral and historic Great Hall, your tour will continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stonehenge, before arriving at the historic city of Exeter*, an important fortified settlement in Roman times and your base for 2 nights.
Day 2 Exeter. Your morning is spent exploring the magnificent wilderness of Dartmoor, the ancient Clapper Bridge at Postbridge and the historic market town of Tavistock, home to Sir Francis Drake. Return to Exeter* in the early afternoon to explore this Roman towns underground passages, ancient walls, Royal Albert Memorial Museum and its famous 12th century Norman cathedral. Your second night is spent here.
Day 3 Exeter to Falmouth. Arthurian legend mixes with genuine Celtic history in Cornwall, Englands most western county. Today, you explore the ancient Cornish capital of Launceston and its 12th century Norman castle. You head west to the North Cornish coast and the Elizabethan fishing village of Boscastle. Indulge in a cream tea, take a stroll out to the dramatic headland, or learn a spell or two in the Museum of Witchcraft. You travel to the village of Tintagel and the ruins of its headland Castle, whose romantic cliff top setting is purportedly the birthplace of King Arthur. After lunch, you head to Port Isaac where you can get your Doc Martins fix and fall in love with this picturesque fishing village. You then head south to the bustling port town of Falmouth for the next two nights.
Day 4 Falmouth. Today, we explore the most westerly tip of England. We take a brief stop to look at the island community of St Michaels Mount. We then travel onwards to the unique setting of the Minack Theatre perched above a thundering ocean and the beautiful National Trust beach at Porthcurno. You visit Lands End before following a landscape dotted with the relics of the Cornish tin mining heritage, and now a filming location for the Poldark series. St Ives is the final stop of the day with its plethora of artists galleries in the maze of narrow, harbour-side streets. You return to Falmouth for the night.
Day 5 Falmouth to London. This morning, you say farewell to Cornwall and travel across Bodmin Moor, a wild moorland thats designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty. Well take a break before leaving Cornwall and continuing to Glastonbury. Here you can visit the ruins of 7th century Abbey, relax over some lunch or scale Glastonbury Tor for the views across five counties. From here, you travel back to London, a busy city far removed from the experiences you've enjoyed in the magical counties of Devon and Cornwall.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..