Highlights of Sri Lanka, 14 Days
Only on 4 April, 20 June, 24 October 2020.
14 Days tour departing Australia.
12 nights accommodation in a 3 - 4 Star Hotel.
13 Breakfasts, 12 Lunches & 13 Dinners.
All International flights.
All Domestic Transportation.
All Entrance Fees, Guides and Tours.
Visa for Australian passport holders.
Day 1 Arrive Negombo. Fly to Colombo. Upon arrival, your Local Guide from Wendy Wu Tours will meet you at the Bandaranaike Airport in the Arrivals Hall and transfer you to Negombo for an overnight stay. You will transfer 45 minutes to your hotel and check-in.
Day 2 Negombo to Sigiriya. This morning a tour introduction will either be held in the hotel or on the coach. After breakfast, travel to Sigiriya for a three-night stay. Upon arrival, tour the magnificent Rock Fortress, also known as Lion Rock. Later visit the world-renowned Heavenly Maiden frescoes.
Day 3 Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Polonnaruwa, which was the former capital of Sri Lanka from the 11th to 12th century and is home to well preserved stupas, frescoes and statues. While here, explore the rock temples at Gal Vihara and the Vatadage, an ancient structure with elaborate stone carvings, before returning to Sigiriya.
Day 4 Sigiriya to Anuradhapura. Travel to the World Heritage city of Anuradhapura, one of Sri Lanka's most celebrated ancient cities. Whilst here, visit the Sri Mada Bodhi Bo tree, over 2000 years old; the Ruwanweliseya dagoba and the Samadhi Buddha statue. Visit the Isurumuniya rock temple to visit its rock carvings dating back to the 3rd century BC.
Day 5 Sigiriya to Kandy. Travel to the Buddhist city of Kandy visiting the Dambulla Rock Temple, which dates back to the 1st Century BC. Visit a spice garden and witness a cookery demonstration in Matale. Continue to Kandy.
Day 6 Kandy. Visit the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens before continuing to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in the world. We also explore the remains of the Royal Palace which is now the National Museum. Later, witness a cultural dance show with dinner in the evening.
Day 7 Kandy to Nuwara Eliya. Travel to Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka's little England, visiting a tea plantation and tea factory en route. Later visit Victoria Park where you can bird watch and enjoy a wander around the colonial city centre.
Day 8 Nuwara Eliya to Yala National Park. Drive to Yala National Park, home to a large number of elephants, leopards, sambhur, wild buffalo and over 130 bird species. Enroute visit Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home, established by the Department of Wildlife Conservation for orphaned elephants.
Day 9 Yala National Park. Enjoy a morning and evening jeep safari in Yala National Park.
Day 10 Yala National Park to Ahungalla Depart Yala and drive to Ahungalla. On the way, stop and visit the Hummanaya Blow Hole, Mulkirigala Rock Temple and Dikwella Wewurukannala Temple. After lunch stop to view the stilt fisherman at Welligama. Upon arrival in Ahungalla, check into your hotel for a two night stay.
Day 11 Ahungalla to Galle. Drive to Galle for a tour of the city. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Dutch Fort, Galle Lighthouse and Dutch Reformed Church. Also known as Galle Fort, the Dutch Fort is one of the best preserved examples of 17th Century colonial fortifications in the world. Return to Ahungalla in the evening.
Day 12 Ahungalla to Colombo. Travel to Colombo, stopping at Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery en route. The hatchery is home to Sri Lanka's pioneering sea turtle conservation project.
Day 13-14 Fly to Australia. Embark on a city tour of Colombo this morning. Explore Fort District, the historic centre of the city. Wander through Pettah Market and visit the Dutch Church of Wolvendhall, dating back to 1749, Kelaniya Buddhist Temple, a major pilgrimage site for Buddhist devotees, and Colombo's finest museums. A late check out is included until 18:00. Tonight enjoy a farewell meal with the group before being transferred to Bandaranaike to board your flight to Australia arriving home the following day.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Depending on airline schedules, extra nights pre or post tour accommodation or stopovers may be required at an additional cost. This will be specified on the original proforma All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..