Tassie Getaway, 6 Days
Valid for select departures 24 September 2020 - 1 April 2021
6 Days tour departing Launceston.
5 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
5 Full buffet breakfasts, 1 Be My Guest morning tea, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners with wine & 1 Farewell Dinner.
Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Travel by luxury coach.
WAS $2995*, NOW $2696*, SAVE $299*.
Day 1 Welcome to Launceston. This evening meet your Travel Director at a Welcome Reception before embarking on your journey along Tasmania's glorious east.
Day 2 Launceston to Freycinet. Bridestowe Lavender Estate is your first stop today. It has been growing lavender since 1922 when a London perfumer planted lavender seeds from the French Alps on his family estate which he named after his wife's birthplace in England. Try some of Bridestowe's lavender products and treat yourself to their famous lavender icecream Later, stop at the Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees planted in honour of fallen WWI soldiers. Then follow the picturesque east coast south to Freycinet National Park.
Day 3 Wineglass Bay Cruise. Another highlight day awaits you Start it with a drive through dry eucalypt forests to Cape Tourville for a walk that will reward you with stunning views of brilliant blue water, forest and golden beach as far as the eye can see. Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay on a four-hour lunch cruise of the Freycinet Peninsula. The cruise will take you from the gentle shores of Coles Bay along the Freycinet coast beneath towering pink granite cliffs to one of the world's best beaches. Anchored at Wineglass Bay, you'll have the chance to absorb the beauty of the National Park and enjoy a gourmet Ploughman's lunch.
Day 4 Freycinet to Hobart. Journey to historic Ross, considered the finest nineteenth century village in Australia. You must treat yourself to the self-proclaimed best scallop pie in Tasmania from one of the town's two bakeries, or if you've got a sweet tooth, visit the other bakery for their famous vanilla slice As you travel south through rich pastoral land towards Hobart, Anne Kernke, custodian of Shene Estate, welcomes you to a Be My Guest experience, as she hosts you to a walking tour through the property's stunning original buildings, true reflections of early Australian architecture and the colonial era. Anne will also invite you into her family home for morning tea, a selection of home-baked goodies. This afternoon choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience - visit Australia's largest privately funded museum, the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), with its eclectic mix of ancient, modern and contemporary art. From there, you'll cruise back to Hobart on the MONA Roma ferry. Or spend your afternoon on a guided walking tour of Hobart with a local expert for an insight into its rugged history, people and places.
Day 5 Port Arthur. Today, explore the Port Arthur Historic Site, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a fascinating guided walk of the remains of Port Arthur's infamous convict prison. There will also be time for you to wander the site at your leisure. On the drive back to Hobart, see the amazing natural rock formations of the craggy Tasman Arch, the Devil's Kitchen and the Blowhole. This evening, mingle with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner at one of Hobart's fine restaurants.
Day 6 Farewell from Hobart. Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..