From 01/05/2020 to 31/10/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Fri 01 2020 to May Sun 31 2020Available
Jun Mon 01 2020 to Jun Tue 30 2020AvailableFrom$1,359*
Jul Wed 01 2020 to Jul Fri 31 2020Available
Aug Sat 01 2020 to Aug Mon 31 2020AvailableFrom$1,429*
Sep Tue 01 2020 to Sep Wed 30 2020Available
Oct Thu 01 2020 to Oct Sat 31 2020Available
Soak up Belgrade’s quirky party atmosphere .
Explore Ohrid’s picturesque alleyways.
Be immersed in the unique culture of Sarajevo.
Your legendary Busabout crew.
8 nights’ accommodation.
All coach transport.
Orientation walks of Thessaloniki and Split.
Mostar local guide.
Delphi local guide, plus site and museum entrance.
Day 1 - Athens to Delphi to Thessaloniki We’ll kick off our epic adventure from Athens with Thessaloniki in our sights. For lunch we’ll stop off in Delphi and take in the sights. Perched on the slope of Mount Parnassus, Delphi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and––according to legend––home to the Oracle of Apollo. Here, many of history’s greatest leaders sought the council of the Gods. To truly experience this holy place, enjoy an included tour of the city followed by a roam of the local museum. Onwards, and we arrive at Thessaloniki in the early evening ready for a delicious Greek meal.
Day 2 - Thessaloniki to Ohrid After having the morning to explore the capital of Greek Macedonia with its quirky vibe, rich history and many archaeological wonders and ruins, we depart Thessaloniki, heading towards North Macedonia on our jaunt to Ohrid. Situated on Lake Ohrid, Ohrid is a charming little city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here, we’ll discover an insane 365 churches, one for each day of the calendar year. Take advantage of an optional walking tour to better appreciate the many sights available in this picturesque lakeside city. Later, we’ll enjoy a traditional North Macedonian meal and views of the glistening water’s edge. With dinner done, you’re free to enjoy the rest of your time in this outstanding utopia. Take in some of the sites or relax alongside the lake and its calming waters. - Breakfast included
Day 3 - Ohrid to Skopje Start your morning with a splash! Yep, you’ve got time for a swim in Lake Ohrid, as we won’t depart until late morning. We then set a course for the North Macedonian capital city of Skopje. Located on the Vardar River, Skopje is home to several examples of Roman architecture. Upon arrival we have an optional walking tour, so you won’t feel quite so lost. Then feel free to explore the Roman ruins, aqueduct, and Skopje Fortress. Tonight, check out the diverse nightlife on offer in Skopje, ranging from live music to casinos and nightclubs. There’s something for everyone here! - Breakfast included
Day 4 - Skopje to Nis to Belgrade Rise and shine, we depart early today on our journey into the heart of Serbia! We’ll stop for lunch en route in one of the oldest Balkan cities, Nis. This ancient city was once considered the gateway between the East and West, and upon our departure it will be our gateway to Belgrade! We arrive in the Serbian capital in the afternoon, where we’ll have an optional walking tour to help you get your bearings. Join us for dinner in a traditional Serbian restaurant before heading out for the evening to enjoy the entertainment options available, with a favourite being the party barges, or splav, as the locals call them! Tonight, enjoy an optional pub crawl to soak up Belgrade’s friendly party atmosphere. - Breakfast included
Day 5 - Belgrade There’s a tonne to check out in Belgrade, including museums, churches, the old palace, the parliamentary buildings… the list goes on! Of particular interest to the budding mad scientists among you would be the Nikola Tesla Museum. This archive of Tesla’s life’s work contains thousands of original documents, designs, photographs and drawings that can’t be found anywhere else. Kalemegdan Park and Fortress are also attractive options for those who wish to delve into the area’s history, or simply have a lazy walk through a beautiful and extremely culturally significant park. When the sun sets, head out into the city once again for some more splav hopping. - Breakfast included
Day 6 - Belgrade - Sarajevo Today we head west to Bosnia and Herzegovina. We arrive in the late afternoon, giving you some time to explore Sarajevo. This place is a true melting pot of faiths, containing churches, synagogues, and mosques. Having survived a four-year siege, the city has a painful history going back to the Bosnian War. Tonight, explore the emerging, vibrant nightlife of the area. There are numerous cafes, clubs, and bars in which to share a drink and a story with the locals. - Breakfast included
Day 7 - Sarajevo Today we begin with an optional walking tour of Sarajevo. The city played host to the Winter Olympics in 1984 and hasn’t lost its Olympic spirit. Check out the old Olympic venues and grab some street food! There is also the Old Bazaar––or Bascarsija as it is locally known––which is the cultural and historical hub of the city. Tonight, we’ll be enjoying the local cuisine at the famous Sarajevo Brewery, so prepare for a few pints! - Breakfast included
Day 8 - Sarajevo to Mostar to Split It’s time to roll out of bed, we depart for Split with a stop in Mostar! Here we’ll have an included walking tour with a local guide to fully acquaint you with the area. Visit the Bridge Museum and watch as professional divers defy the odds diving from the famous bridge. We arrive this evening in the coastal gem of Split. See the majestic walls of the ancient Diocletian’s Palace and then enjoy your final night out. Split comes alive at night and with its varied selection of bars, clubs and cafes there’s something for everyone! - Breakfast included
Day 9 - Split Check-out is after breakfast. If you’re continuing your journey on our Hop-on Hop-off network, the next stop is Venice via Zadar! - Breakfast included
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.