From 21/08/2020 to 05/11/2020
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
All internal air included in trip cost.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Train excursion to Machu Picchu.
Day 1 - Arrive Lima (2 Nights) Welcome to the Peruvian capital and 'City of the Kings', Lima. Rising above a long coastline of crumbling cliffs this city has a real sense of faded yet romantic grandeur, with historical sights a plenty and a culinary scene that is revered the world over. Settle in to your hotel and meet up with your Travel Director this afternoon, then the rest of the day is free to explore. Head to Parque del Amor to admire the Gaudi style architecture with beautiful views over Lima Bay, or take a wander around popular and bustling Miraflores. Tonight, in celebration of your first night in Peru, dinner should absolutely involve fresh ceviche followed by a tangy Pisco Sour as you toast to sunset.
Day 2 - Lima Sightseeing and Free Time Today, discover the famous Plaza Mayor and Cathedral. See the Government Palace, Archbishop's Palace and City Hall. Visit the San Francisco Monastery, an interesting museum featuring mysterious catacombs. Your afternoon is free. This evening join your Travel Director and fellow travellers as you dive deep into the essence of Peruvian food. Feast on an authentic meal at Mangos, a restaurant boasting nearly 15 years of service.
Day 3 - Lima - Cusco - Sacred Valley (2 Nights) Flying into Cusco, welcome to the Incan capital of the world! Boasting the richest heritage of any South American city, Cusco is a wealth of archaeological greatness and the oldest continuously inhabited city on the continent. It's also the gateway to Machu Picchu, so throbs day and night with visitors exploring its ancient streets. Take in the ornate temples and Incan ruins as you arrive here, before heading to Awana Kancha to visit the regions furry and famous residents - llamas and alpacas. Here you'll also have the chance to learn about the local weaving process, a craft that has been kept alive for thousands of years, and browse different products made from the fur of camelids. Also stopping by Pisac Market, the most famous market in the Cusco region where local indigenous communities from all over come to sell their wares and produce, you'll finally drive the hairpin turned road that will lead you to the Sacred Valley, your stop for tonight.
Day 4 - Machu Picchu Excursion Today's the day! Up bright and early this morning, you'll travel to the ancient little town of Ollantaytambo to board the train to Agues Calientas, the Incan village at the base of Machu Picchu. Slowly chugging your way through the rugged lands of the Sacred Valley, feel the excitement levels build as you pass by village settlements and towering mountains, the landscape changing the higher you get. Making the last leg of the journey via shuttle, you'll finally arrive at the most famous archaeological site of South America and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu. Catching a first glimpse of this awe inspiring ancient city above the clouds is a moment you'll never forget, so be sure to take a few minutes just to soak it all in. Take your time exploring the vast complex of fascinating ruins and let the mind boggle at how it was all built, before descending the mountain and making your way back to the Sacred Valley.
Day 5 - Sacred Valley - Cusco (2 Nights) Art fans are in for a treat this morning as you pay a visit to the workshop of Pablo Seminario, a respected artist who creates beautiful pottery using techniques, styles and influences reminiscent of ancient cultures from all across Peru. Keeping things local you'll then pay a visit a family home in Ollantaytambo to sample a drink favoured by the Incas. Made from malted corn and sugar, the taste of Chicha de Jora may be a bit of a crowd splitter but is a little taste of history, so needs must! Continuing on the road to Cusco you'll also stop by the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, a UNESCO World Heritage site that dates back to the 13th century, before arriving back into the Incan capital where the rest of the day will then be free.
Day 6 - Cusco Sightseeing and Free Time Kick off the final day of your tour with a sightseeing tour of ancient Cusco. Visit Coricancha, or the 'Temple of the Sun', the most important temple in the Incan Empire, before admiring the bounty of colonial art on display in the Cathedral. Walk down Loreto street and admire the handiwork of Incan stone masons before ending up shopping for local handicrafts in San Pedro market. With the rest of the day then free, why not join us for an Optional Experience visiting Moray and Moras to see Incan farming and salt mining techniques at play, head to 17th century Piquillacta to see the pre Incan citadel built by the Wari people, or treat your sweet tooth with a visit to the Choco Museum to learn more about the Peruvian chocolate making process. Tonight, you'll see out an incredible trip in style with dinner, folklore tales and dancing.
Day 7 - Depart Cusco
1 - New Wonder of the World and an incredible 7 days later, your trip will finally come to an end this morning Sightseeing Highlights Cusco Discover Sacsayhuaman, Coricancha and the famous San Pedro market before enjoying a magical evening featuring an entertaining folklore show Lima Explore the "City of the Kings" and see the Cathedral, Government Palace, Archbishop's Palace, City Hall and visit San Francisco Monastery, famous for its catacombs Machu Picchu Journey to the marvellous citadel of Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World Sacred Valley Visit the famous Pisac Market and stop at the Awanakancha Living Museum where you may see llamas, alpacas and vicu?as
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.