Jewels of France Including Normandy
From 06/06/2020 to 22/08/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 06 2020 to Jun Sat 13 2020Sold OutFrom$1,575*
Jun Sat 20 2020 to Jun Sat 27 2020Sold OutFrom$1,575*
Jul Sat 04 2020 to Jul Sat 11 2020Sold OutFrom$1,550*
Jul Sat 18 2020 to Jul Sat 25 2020Sold OutFrom$1,550*
Aug Sat 01 2020 to Aug Sat 08 2020Sold OutFrom$1,550*
Aug Sat 15 2020 to Aug Sat 22 2020Sold OutFrom$1,550*
2 Three-course dinners.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Day 1 - Arrive Paris (1 Night) Ah Paris! Audrey Hepburn described it best when she said 'Paris is always a good idea'. We're sure you'll agree. After checking in, meet your Travel Director for a glimpse into what lies ahead then hit the streets and explore the city your way, perhaps seeking out delicious French flavours at a local caf?. This evening you may wish to discover why Paris is so deserving of its title, the 'City of Lights'. Join your fellow travellers for an optional evening tour through Montmartre's maze of streets which once nurtured the talents of great artists and writers.
Day 2 - Paris - Rouen - Honfleur - Deauville (1 Night) Retrace the steps of one of France's beloved daughters, St. Joan of Arc, when you visit medieval Rouen today. Here you'll view the city's impressive cathedral whose towers, statues and pinnacles were favourite subjects in the paintings of French Impressionist, Claude Monet. There's time to stretch your legs along Honfleur's colourful 17th-century dock before heading to Deauville. With its racecourse and high-profile international film festival, this handsome resort town has long been a playground for well-heeled Parisians.
Day 3 - Deauville - D-Day Landing Beaches - Mont St. Michel - Rennes (1 Night) Begin your day with a moving visit to the D-Day Landing beaches and American cemetery at Omaha. Today the views may be serene, but you can't help thinking back to that summer day in 1944 when thousands of Allied soldiers made the ultimate sacrifice to reclaim Europe. After this incredibly humbling experience, you'll continue through the Loire Valley stopping at the UNESCO-listed Mont St. Michel, which rises almost magically up from the sea at high tide. The spire of the Abbey seems to touch the heavens, inhabited by a golden statue of the Archangel which legend has it ordered the construction of the chapel in this unusual island location in the first place. Arriving in Rennes later, you'll be free to explore the city as you wish.
Day 4 - Rennes - Tours (2 Nights) This is ch?teaux country, where elegant estates and manicured gardens dot the Loire River as it slices through the heart of France. You'll see why this scenic area has attracted French aristocracy for many centuries. Not only is the city of Tours the former capital of France and a beautiful gateway to the Loire Valley, it's also heaven for foodies as you'll have an opportunity to discover on your free evening. Raise a glass to good food and good friends as you join an Optional Experience dinner in the Loire Valley.
Day 5 - Loire Valley Sightseeing All that glitters really is gold which you'll come to discover as you explore the fairy-tale ch?teaux of the Loire Valley today. Your first stop is at Ch?teau d'Amboise whose art and architecture were both inspired by the Italian Renaissance. Join an optional guided tour delving into the life of Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci, including a visit to the Manor House and gardens where he spent his last years. The next jewel to admire is stylish Chenonceau, straddling the Cher River. Join your Local Specialist for a whimsical tour of this 16th-century ch?teau and its garden, a pleasure palace deserving of its nickname the "ch?teau of the ladies". Admire the priceless collections of Renaissance art and furniture and its extraordinary collection of 16th-century tapestries before returning to your hotel in Tours where you'll enjoy dinner tonight.
Day 6 - Tours - Chambord - Paris (2 Nights) There's another ch?teau in store this morning as you begin your return journey to Paris. We've saved the biggest for last and you'll have an opportunity to view the grand Ch?teau de Chambord and its surrounding forest. Imagine royal hunting parties combing the woods for wild game as you wind your way north past orchards, vineyards, cathedrals and ch?teaux. You'll arrive in Paris just in time to enjoy a memorable Optional Experience featuring dinner and a dazzling cabaret show. You'll have two nights in the French capital to indulge in its legendary nightlife and make lasting memories with new friends.
Day 7 - Paris Sightseeing and Free Time All the main icons feature on your morning sightseeing tour of Paris with your Travel Director. From the Eiffel Tower and grand Champs ?lys?es to the iconic Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought and died for France over the centuries, you won't miss a thing. There's plenty of time this afternoon to discover Paris for yourself. Take a stroll through the medieval Latin Quarter with a Local Specialist during an Optional Experience. There's even time to people-watch at a sidewalk bistro.
Day 8 - Depart Paris Your whirlwind adventure through France has come to an end. You've seen medieval cities, walked in the footsteps of saints, soldiers and noblemen, and immersed yourself in the art, culture, history and cuisine of northern France - just enough to whet your appetite for another visit. Say a fond au revoir to your Travel Director and newfound friends. If you are leaving today, transfers are available to Charles de Gaulle Airport. Conditions apply. Sightseeing Highlights Paris Sightseeing includes views of the Arc de Triomphe, Champs ?lys?es and the Eiffel Tower Honfleur Visit this picturesque port Mont St. Michel Visit the island town and view the abbey Normandy Visit the D-Day Landing beach of Omaha Rouen View the cathedral Loire Valley See the Ch?teau d'Amboise. Visit the magnificent Ch?teau de Chenonceau with your Local Specialist. View the Ch?teau de Chambord
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..