Best of the West
From 08/10/2020 to 19/10/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Los Angeles (2 Nights) Welcome to the land where it's always 70 degrees and sunny, California. Arriving today, you'll meet up with your Travel Director in the afternoon before getting to know Anaheim, your home for the next two nights. You'll find plenty of dining and entertainment options with Disneyland nearby.
Day 2 - Los Angeles Sightseeing Ready to get stars in your eyes? This morning's sightseeing tour will show you the all-out glitz and glamour of LA, visiting the wealthy mansions of Beverly Hills, the palm lined streets of Santa Monica, the iconic Sunset Boulevard, and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which is just a stone's throw from the beacon of Hollywood, the Dolby Theatre, home of the Academy Awards. With your afternoon then free maybe visit trendy West Hollywood for a spot of subtle celebrity spotting, sip margaritas on the sunset strip together with the city's elite or try out our tasty Optional Experience that will give you the chance to taste fresh seafood, meat and poultry from the grasslands of both North and South America. It's every bit as delicious as it sounds, we assure you!
Day 3 - Los Angeles - San Diego Travelling south along the coast, it won't take long for the laid-back charm and sunny disposition of San Diego to work its Cali magic on you. You'll kick things off with a sightseeing tour visiting the cultural downtown Gaslamp Quarter, the gorgeous green space of the 1,200 acre Balboa Park, and the historic Old Town, which was California's first ever settlement (and the best place for those seeking even more delicious Mexican treats). This afternoon we then have an optional visit to the famous San Diego Zoo, home to three beautiful Giant Pandas.
Day 4 - San Diego - Phoenix Today you'll steadily climb 1,219 metres (4,000 ft) as you make your way through the arid lands of the Cleveland National Forest, tip toeing the US - Mexico border before crossing the Arizona state line into the 'Valley of the Sun', a region that boasts a massive 300 days of sunshine per year. Catching your first glimpse of the mighty Colorado River, your final destination for today is exciting Phoenix.
Day 5 - Phoenix- Grand Canyon - Flagstaff You could start today with our breathtaking optional hot air balloon ride and champagne breakfast over the Arizona landscape before visiting magical Sedona. Venturing into the prehistoric Sonoran Desert, you'll then have your sights firmly set on one of the world's seven natural wonders, the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Listed Grand Canyon. Meeting with a Local Specialist you'll discover more about the geological formation of the Canyon, and then it's up to you how you wish to explore it further. If you want to make it extra special, we doubt you'll be able to resist our exhilarating list of choices for this afternoon, including helicopter and aircraft flights over the North and South rims, for absolute money can't buy views of this feat of nature. Still flying high from an incredible day, you'll finish up this evening in the Arizonan escape town of Flagstaff, a laid back outpost on historic Route 66.
Day 6 - Flagstaff - Historic Route 66 - Las Vegas (2 Nights) Ready to get your kicks on Route 66? Today's the day to do it. A symbol of the American dream, Route 66 has been eternally immortalized by literature and movies and still to this day represents the ultimate American road trip. You'll be stopping by Seligman and Kingman en route to Vegas, two iconic outposts that are a real taste of all things Americana, complete with classic motels, kitsch petrol pumps and steaming slices of Apple pie. Finally, as if by magic, you'll slowly spot the neon lights of Las Vegas looming in the distance; an entertainment oasis surrounded by dry desert with a reputation almost as big as the fortune's many have made (and lost) there.
Day 7 - Las Vegas Free Time With a full day in Sin City, it's entirely up to you how to explore the entertainment capital of the world. The casinos, the all you can eat buffets, the glittering roof top pools, the biggest names in show business - they're all here for the taking. Or if you're up for it, to help tailor your Vegas experience, we've also got a whole suite of enticing Optional Experiences lined up to help you experience a different side of Vegas. You could wake up early for a western style breakfast and cowboy trail ride through the mountains, or heading over to Hoover Dam to stand 900 metres above the Colorado River to admire the US's biggest man made reservoir, Lake Mead. Or perhaps a visit to the Mob Museum, or a singalong at 'Vegas! The Show' are more your style? Whatever you choose, today is guaranteed to be one to remember.
Day 8 - Las Vegas - Visalia Leaving Vegas a little lighter in the pocket but rich in memories, you'll head for the Mojave Desert this morning. As the driest desert in the US you'd expect nothing more than barren landscape as you drive through, so prepare to be surprised as you pass rare and beautiful flora, wildlife and the iconic Joshua Tree. Admiring the dramatic Sierra Nevada mountain range and continuing through into the San Joaquin Valley, you'll finish up today in the agricultural hub of Visalia. With a Downtown area that boasts old world charm and a wide selection of tasty restaurants, tonight's dinner will no doubt be filled with chat about what to expect from glorious Yosemite tomorrow.
Day 9 - Visalia - Yosemite National Park - Modesto Awe inspiring nature at its finest, Yosemite will challenge all other national parks you've previously visited to stake its claim as the most beautiful. The third oldest national park in the US and a UNESCO World Heritage site, this patch of heaven is all emerald green valleys, cascading waterfalls and pine scented forests, all framed by the iconic Half Dome and the imposing presence of El Capitan. Take your time soaking it all in and exploring the various trails and picnic areas before heading on to Modesto, one of the greatest agricultural areas of the nation and the home of the Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery.
Day 10 - Modesto - San Francisco (2 Nights) Feeling the ocean breeze moving ever closer you'll head back to the Californian coast today, crossing the Bay Bridge into one of the West Coast's best loved cities, San Francisco. A historical hub for progressive thinkers and creatives, San Fran's infamously hilly landscape will instantly win you over as you spy the old-fashioned cable cars slowly rising and falling on the horizon. Explore the 'City by the Bay' on a sightseeing tour that visits Fisherman's Wharf, the Palace of Fine Arts, the lush Presidio area and Italian influenced North Beach, and then this evening you could opt to try our Chinatown walking tour, exploring the markets, dim sum joints and herb shops of America's oldest Chinatown before dining family style at a decadent Chinese feast.
Day 11 - San Francisco Free Time We hope you're hungry as you're off to a San Fran institution, Boudin Bakery, who have been producing their very special 'Mother Dough' to create sourdough loaves since 1849 for an Iconic Breakfast. Appetites satisfied, the rest of today is then free for you to explore your way. If it's icons you're after why not join us for a walk along the Golden Gate Bridge followed by a cruise around the bay, taking in Alcatraz Island en route, or perhaps you'd prefer to head out to Muir Woods to appreciate the towering, ancient red wood trees that grow here, followed by a visit to the pretty seaside community of Sausalito. Wine connoisseurs, you're also taken care of with an optional full day outing to the Napa and Sonoma wineries. Whatever you choose, make your last day an extra special one, whichever way you choose to explore.
Day 12 - Depart San Francisco With fond memories of sunny San Diego, fun loving Vegas and peaceful Yosemite still fresh in your mind, today your adventure through the Golden West will come to an end. You've tasted, trekked and maybe even taken a helicopter ride over these lands, and we hope you've made a bunch of incredible memories in the process. Not ready to go home just yet? Why not extend your stay in San Francisco a little longer, and pay those cheeky Sea Lions down at Fisherman's Wharf an overdue visit. Sightseeing Highlights Grand Canyon Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and Natural Wonder of the World with a Local Specialist Las Vegas Explore this entertainment-filled city with its grand hotels and shops Los Angeles See the very best Hollywood has to offer San Diego Explore the Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park and Old Town San Francisco Iconic Breakfast at renowned Boudin Bakery, a San Francisco institution since 1849 San Francisco Get familiar with Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and Chinatown Yosemite National Park Take in breathtaking views of the valley floor
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.