Northern Explorer Cruise
Day 1 - Brisbane Once considered the "country cousin" among Australian cities, Brisbane is today the nation's third-largest metropolis - and one of the most desirable places to live in the country. Lying on the banks of the meandering Brisbane River, this cosmopolitan city boasts elegant 19th-century sandstone buildings, a lively cultural scene and superb parklands. Brisbane is also your gateway to uniquely Australian adventures, be it the theme parks of the Gold Coast or Queensland's dazzling beaches.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - At Sea
Day 4 - Cairns Cairns is one of Australia's hottest vacation destinations. Cairns boasts three of Australia's great natural wonders. Just offshore, immense bastions of living coral form the Great Barrier Reef. Sixteen miles of superb beaches stretch to the north of the city - the famed Marlin Coast. And inland lays the immense Daintree National Park. Cairns itself basks in tropical sunshine, balmy breezes waft in from Trinity Bay. The city's graceful, tree-lined esplanade was once the gateway to the gold fields of North Queensland.
Day 5 - At Sea
Day 6 - Alotau, Milne Bay Welcome to an undiscovered paradise of white-sand beaches, crystal waterfalls and volcanic mountains. And if you've come for history, you'll find that, too. This peaceful town was the site of fierce fighting during World War II. Today, it's a peaceful retreat offering the vacationer plenty of time to relax and connect with nature. Beyond the city you'll find a tropical rainforest full of birds of paradise and a laid-back ease worth discovering.
Day 7 - At Sea
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Darwin Closer to Indonesia than to any other Australian city, Darwin is the capital of the "Top End" - the remote, vast Northern Territory. Home to more than half of the territory's population, the city reflects the rugged endurance and individualism required to survive the Outback. Darwin also boasts a colorful history to add to that heritage. During World War II the Japanese bombed the city and threatened invasion. In 1974, Cyclone Tracy cut a destructive swath through the region. In addition, man-eating crocodiles, tropical monsoons, searing heat and bush fires that burn for weeks are all part of everyday life.
Day 10 - At Sea
Day 11 - Kimberley Coast Scenic Cruising Located in the northern part of Western Australia, Kimberley is one of the continent's earliest settled regions, dating as far back as 40,000 years. But although its mainland has been inhabited for centuries, its over 8,000 miles of ruggedly beautiful coastline remain so unspoiled that the Kimberley Coast has been identified as one of the least impacted marine environments in the world. Healthy reefs and incredible biodiversity make the Kimberley Coast a prime spot for marine wildlife viewing, from sea turtles to blue crabs, manta rays and the planet's largest population of humpback whales. Approaching the Kimberley Coast from the Indian Ocean, you'll make out dramatic red cliffs that stand out in stark contrast to the aquamarine waters of the fringing reefs below. More than 2,600 islands are scattered beyond the reefs, serving as nesting grounds to a variety of seabirds, including cormorants, giant Australian pelicans and Red-footed Boobies. The islands also provide breathtaking scenery in one of the world's most extensive coastal wilderness areas - and the best way to take it all in is from the sea!
Day 12 - Broome In the 1870s, pearl fishermen discovered the rich waters of Roebuck Bay. A decade later, Broome was founded as a base for the pearl trade and was soon described as "the pearling capital of the world." Japanese, Chinese and Aborigine divers toiled in arduous, dangerous labor to harvest oysters from the seabed. For all its importance to the pearling industry, Broome remained a remote outpost on Australia's Kimberley Coast until its discovery as a travel destination. The legacy of its pearling days can be seen in the town's colorful mix of 19th- and early 20th century buildings. Broome also boasts Cable Beach - a 13-mile strand of white-sand that stretches along the azure waters of the Indian Ocean.
Day 13 - At Sea
Day 14 - At Sea
Day 15 - Geraldton The capital of the Batavia Coast was founded in 1850 as a commercial port serving the Northampton lead mine some 30 miles to the north. While Geraldton remains one of Western Australia's major ports, the city has become a magnet for vacationing Australians. Located between the Chapman and Greenough Rivers, Geraldton boasts a superb Mediterranean climate, scenic beauty and pristine beaches. Coronation Beach has become an international destination for windsurfers. In 1692 the Dutch East India Company Batavia was shipwrecked on the offshore Abrolhos Islands. Calamity was followed by mutiny and murder. The lurid tale ensured this portion of Western Australia would be named the Batavia Coast.
Day 16 - Fremantle, Perth Lying at the mouth of the Swan River, historic Fremantle - founded in 1829 - is your gateway to Perth, the capital of Western Australia. Situated on the banks of the Swan River some 15 miles upriver from Fremantle, Perth is a bustling city where soaring high-rises co-exist with elegant sandstone buildings from the colonial era. Life here moves at a slower pace, so during your visit, relax and savor the bounties of Western Australia, from the wonders of the bush to the wineries of the Swan Valley, from excellent shopping to a leisurely cruise on the Swan River.
Top five reasons to cruise on the Sun Princess
- Entertain Me
The Sun Princess has two indoor theatres as well as a Grand Casino to ensure passengers are always entertained and having fun.
- Relaxing Retreat
The Sanctuary is a kids free space where adults can recline on plush couches with a drink in hand or unwind with sunset yoga classes.
Learn a new skill while on board with the Scholarship@sea program. Guests can attend courses run by guest lecturers and shipboard experts on cooking, visual arts, computer skills, pottery and photography.
- Fitness Fun
Gym junkies can get their fitness fix with a range of onboard exercise options including court sports, jogging tracks, a state of the art gym and virtual golf simulators.
- Movies Under the Stars
Enjoy a movie outside and under the stars at the ship’s picturesque outdoor movie theatre.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- *Fares are per person, in AUD, in complete twin accommodation based on the lead category for each stateroom type, inclusive of all discounts, taxes, fees and port expenses (which are subject to change). Supplements apply for other stateroom categories. Fares based on specific departure dates only. Higher fares may apply to other departure dates listed. Offer ends 12 March 2020 unless sold out prior. Princess Cruises has set aside a reasonable number of staterooms which are available at these fares. Once these staterooms are sold, fares may revert to a higher fare, but may also be discounted. Valid for new bookings and not combinable with any other offer. All offers are subject to availability, not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Some oceanview staterooms have obstructed views. Best Price fare is based on the cruise fare only without any inclusions. Best Value fare is valid for the first two guests in the stateroom when booking select cruises sailing between 5-37 nights departing after 01/04/20. Exclusions include select short getaways and all World Cruise voyages. Best Value fare includes the cruise fare bundled with access to the Premier Beverage Package and Internet at a packaged rate. *Premier Beverage Package applies to the first 2 guests in the stateroom when aged 18 years or over (21 years on some international voyages) on the Best Value fare. Exclusions apply, see https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/ for full details. Service of alcohol is always subject to Princess Cruises RSA Policies. Guests under legal drinking age will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda package. On Golden Princess, Sapphire Princess and Star Princess: guests receive 5000 minutes of internet access per person per cruise across multiple devices. On Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Majestic Princess, Diamond Princess and Pacific Princess: the Premium PrincessCONNECT Internet Package applies and usage is unlimited across multiple devices in a stateroom (accessed through one device at a time only). All Medallion class ships: unlimited MedallionNet package applies, which is limited to 1 device per passenger and up to 4 passengers in the stateroom. For full conditions including usage limitations, see https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/medallionnet/. < Best Price 3rd and 4th guest fare based on lead stateroom when travelling with two adult twin fare paying passengers in the same stateroom, and is subject to stateroom configuration and availability. Best Value fare does not apply by default to 3rd and 4th guests, they can choose to opt into the fare. Airfare flight pricing is one way/return economy class, as marked, per person on a carrier nominated by Princess Cruises. Airfare pricing applies to selected itineraries within this ad only and is applied to the first 2 passengers in a stateroom. Fares are restricted therefore air charges are non-refundable and payment is due immediately upon time of booking. EZair flight packages are only valid when booked in conjunction with a Princess cruise, if the cruise booking is cancelled for any reason the flights will be automatically cancelled and cannot be used separately. See https://www.princess.com/plan/ezair/ for full details. Flight bookings will be subject to Princess EZAir Terms and Conditions available at princess.com/legal/passage_contract/.To be read in conjunction with the Booking and Passage Conditions available at princess.com/legal/passage_contract which passengers will be bound by.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..