Maharaja Express, The Indian Panorama, 7 Nights
Deal Number 4989047
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Travel Dates Only on 23 March 2020
- 7 nights / 8 days onboard the luxury Maharaja Express in a Deluxe cabin based on twin occupancy.
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer, spirits tea, coffee and mineral water onboard.
- Butler service.
- Guided off train excursions as illustrated in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide..
- Porterage at stations.
- Only on 23 March 2020
Redefining luxury train travel since 2010, Maharajas Express is the latest and most luxurious train in India. Offering 5 fascinating journeys crisscrossing some of the most vibrant destinations, significant attractions and offering a vista of breathtaking landscape, culture and heritage with which India is blessed; Maharajas Express offers journeys to the very depth of the soul of India in sheer opulence. Designed to recreate the elegance and pageantry of the personal carriages of erstwhile maharajas, the interiors of this luxury train in India is suffused with nostalgia. Elegance of a bygone era and state of the art amenities coalesce seamlessly to offer 5 Star living in the quaint interiors of the Maharaja Express.
The golden era of luxury train travel in India dawned when Maharajas' Express - an initiative of Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) - was introduced in 2010. Dubbed India's equivalent to the Orient Express of Europe, this Maharaja train is rated by prestigious travel magazines and luxury guides as one of the greatest rail journeys in the world.
HIGHLIGHTS:Delhi - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Agra - Gwalior - Orchha - Khajuraho - Varanasi - Lucknow - Delhi
Day 1 Delhi - Jaipur Arrive at the Safdarjung Railway Station to commence the Indian Panorama tour aboard the Maharajas Train. Soon after the boarding formalities are over, you will be given a traditional Indian welcome and ushered to your cabins. Very soon the train will chug its way out of the station and towards Jaipur.
Day 2 Jaipur Arrive in the city of Kachwaha kings, Jaipur, the pink city. Post breakfast onboard, proceed towards Amber Fort.
Later, proceed to City Palace/Jai Mahal Palace for an exclusive Elephant Activity where guests may choose to indulge to paint them, feed them or take a joy ride followed by lunch.
Post lunch, visit the Royal Observatory (Jantar Mantar). Optionally, you may also choose activities such as Spa facilities at a Palace hotel, visit to City Palace, private shopping tour or a golf session at Rambagh Golf club.
Post lunch, you can take an optional tour for shopping or local sightseeing to the City Palace complex and Jantar Mantar or choose to play golf or indulge in a rejuvenating spa session.
Dinner and overnight stay aboard the train.
Day 3 Ranthambore - Fatehpur Sikri The train will arrive in Sawai Madhopur in the morning. You will be served your breakfast onboard the train before proceeding for a game safari in Ranthambore National Park.
Post safari trip, enjoy lip-smacking cuisines in the lunch while the train enters into the ghost town of Fatehpur Sikri.
Upon arrival in the city, disembark the train and explore the length and breadth of Sikri Fort. Return to the train for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 Agra - Gwalior Early morning on the 4th day, disembark the train and visit Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
A Champanage breakfast atop the Taj Khema with sunset views to feast on will add a delightful moment to the journey for you.
Post breakfast in Agra, the train will roll on to Gwalior. Lunch will be served onboard the train.
Post-lunch you can visit the Gwalior Fort, Saas Bahu Temple or Jain Cave Sculpture. Optionally you may choose to rejuvenate yourself with spa service in a palace hotel.
Enjoy a high-tea organized for you within the premises of the Jai Vilas Palace before returning to the train for overnight stay and dinner.
Day 5 Khajuraho
While the train will traverse to the next destination; you will be served your breakfast onboard the Maharajas' Express.
Lunch will be served aboard the luxury train. Upon arrival, proceed to visit the Western Group of Monuments in Khajuraho.
Later you may go for a spa session at a luxury hotel attend the son et lumiere at Khajuraho Temple Complex or return to the comfort of Maharajas' Express.
Dinner will be served onboard The next destination you will head to is Varanasi.
Day 6 Varanasi
In the morning you will arrive in Varanasi, a holy Indian city known for its Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage sites.
Upon arrival, proceed to Silk Weaving Center. After visit and insights into silk weaving, proveed to Vivsnta by Taj for a sumptuous lunch.
Post lunch, you will visit Sarnath renowned for its Buddhist heritage followed by boat ride in Ganges to witness the evening arti. Images of the evening 'Aarti' on the banks of the river will capture your senses.
Return to the train for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 7 Lucknow
On the 7th day of the sojourn, you will arrive in the city of the Nawabs - Lucknow. Breakfast will be served onboard.
Begin your sojourn across the city by visiting the Rumi Darwaza and the Bada Imambara. Later, indulge in a cocktail lunch at Taj hotel.
Return to the comfort of the train after lunch.
Enjoy an exclusive "Indian Evening" arranged to give you a peek into the vibrant culture of India.
Have dinner onboard. The train will leave for Delhi tonight.
Day 8 Delhi
On the 8th day of the Indian Panorama itinerary aboard Maharajas Express, you will return to Delhi marking the end of the luxury rail tour.
Post breakfast you will be given a traditional farewell for your onward journey.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice; Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases; Please enquire for further details..
Get the most out of this rail journey, talk to a Travel Expert today!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.