Deccan Odyssey,Indian Odyssey Journey, 7 Nights
Deal Number 4989048
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Travel Dates Only on 9 March 2019
- 7 nights / 8 days onboard the luxury Deccan Odyssey based on twin occupancy.
- All meals, soft beverages during meals onboard.
- Guided off train excursions as illustrated in theiItinerary inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide..
- Only on 9 March 2019
While the Ranthambore National Park will thrill you, the Taj Mahal will soothe your senses. On one hand the streets of Udaipur and Jaipur will fill your sight with hues, and then the rusty rugged landscape of Ellora Caves would pick your collar-backs and slowly land you on the land of history. That is just a glimpse of all that Indian Odyssey holds for you. Deccan Odyssey with its luxurious amenities and gracious services is reminiscent of the lifestyle lived by the maharajas in the erstwhile era.
HIGHLIGHTS:Delhi- Sawai Madhopur - Ranthambore National Park- Agra- Jaipur- Udaipur- Vadodara- Aurangabad- Ellora Caves- Mumbai
Day 1 Delhi- Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore) Guests gather at the railway station at 2015 hours and complete the formalities related to check-in and reservations. A traditional welcome with welcome drink is arranged for the guests and are then taken to their respected cabins. As guests relax, the train leaves for the next destination Sawai Madhopur. Dinner and overnight stay onboard.
Day 2 Sawai Madhopur- Ranthambore National Park The train reaches Sawai Madhopur, which is mainly popular for Ranthambore National Park. Have your breakfast and set out for the game drive. Ranthambore National Park is one of the biggest and most popular national parks in North India. The park is also a tiger reserve. Other than tigers you can spot nilgai antelope, chinkara gazelles, sambhar deer, chital, leopard, crocodile, jungle fowl, quails, partridges, crested serpent eagle, flycatchers, woodpeckers, among others. Return to the train for lunch and relax for a while.
Later, proceed for a village tour and interact with locals. After this, it is time for high-tea at the Sawai Madhopur Lodge, which served as a royal hunting ground for the erstwhile royal family of Jaipur. Return to the train as it leaves for Agra. Overnight stay and dinner onboard.
Day 3 Agra On the third day of the tour, you luxury train reaches the City of Taj, Agra. Have your breakfast onboard and proceed to visit Taj Mahal. This white-marble mausoleum was built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife. Today it stands as a testimony of true love and magnificent architecture. Lunch is arranged in a city hotel, after which you visit Itmad-ud-Daulah (Also known as Baby Taj). This tomb belongs to Ghiyas Beg and was commissioned by his daughter Nur Jahan, years before the Taj Mahal. Afterwards explore the popular Agra Fort. Later, you can shop in the local markets or opt for massages in a spa. Return to the comforts of the luxury train and stay overnight.
Day 4 Jaipur Welcome to the Pink City today, the capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur. Once you have your breakfast, leave for Amer Fort. This is a star attraction of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with other Hill Forts of Rajasthan. The fort was built in the 17th century by Maharaja Mansingh, but its grace and charm don't seem to have faded. While on the way to Amer Fort, you can stop at other attractions of Jaipur, such as Hawa Mahal, City Palace and Jantar Mantar. Hawa Mahal is an iconic spot, with intricately placed windows that look like a honeycomb. Jantar Mantar is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and houses world's largest stone sundial. Lunch is to be arranged in a city hotel. After lunch, you can either indulge in a spa session in a city hotel or take a stroll in the colorful markets of Jaipur which are stocked with handicraft, paintings, bangles, lehenga cholis and other knick-knacks. Return to the comforts of your luxury train, have dinner and stay overnight as it leaves for the next destination- Udaipur.
Day 5 Udaipur The train arrives in the City of Lakes, Udaipur, on the fifth day of your tour. Owing to the spectacular backgrounds of the Aravali Range and scintillating lakes, Udaipur is also known as Venice of the East. Breakfast is served onboard. First site of the day is City Palace, the largest complex in Rajasthan with a beautiful Crystal Gallery in it. Then, take a ferry on the Lake Pichola in order to reach Jagmandir Palace.
This is where lunch is to be served, accompanied with the taps of Tabla and rhythm of Jal Tarang. The palace dates back to 17th century and looks upon a brilliant view of the Aravalis. Return to Deccan Odyssey and relax for some time. After this, take a heritage-walk through the Old City of Jaipur. Board the train yet again in the evening. Dinner is served onboard as the train leaves for Vadodara. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 6 Vadodara As you reach the Capital of Gaekwads, Vadodara, have your breakfast and disembark for visiting the Champaner-Pavagadh Archeological Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This is the only unchanged and complete Islamic city in India that belongs to the Pre-Mughal era. In one of its attractions (Jami Masjid), a blend of Hindu and Islamic architecture is seen. Drive back to the train and savor leisure lunch. Later, visit Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum, which in the erstwhile era served as an educational institute for the children of royal households. Today, however it has turned into a treasure for an art-aficionado. Enjoy high tea at the Laxmi Vilas Palace, the royal residence even today.
The palace was built in 1890 and is four times the size of Buckingham Palace. There also is a collection of old armory and sculptures made of marble, terracotta and bronze. Treat your taste-buds with local delicacies and your eyes with the cultural show. Return onboard as the dinner gets served and the train chugs off for Aurangabad. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 7 Aurangabad- Ellora Caves On the seventh day of the tour, you reach Aurangabad, the Mughal city named after its Great Emperor Aurangzeb. The morning is to be spent at leisure, so can enjoy an unhurried breakfast session. The train arrives in Aurangabad as the lunch gets served. Take a scenic drive to Ellora Caves (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This consists of 30 rock-cut shrines that represent Hindu, Buddhist and Jain forms of art, dating back to a time between 4th and 5th century AD. Return to the comforts of luxury train once you are done exploring Ellora Caves. Enjoy sun-downer at Mumbai-Hi in the evening, followed by dinner. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 8 Mumbai The Deccan Odyssey reaches the final leg of its tour, Indian Odyssey, on the eighth day. The train stations at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice; Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases; Please enquire for further details..
Get the most out of this rail journey, talk to a Travel Expert today!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.