2 For 1
Duration 12 days
Company On The Go Tours
Availability Valid for select departures 1 April - 28 December 2019
Call 1300 018 390
- 12 day tour departing Victoria Falls
- 11 nights accommodation Camping
- 1 night accommodation in a Dormitory/Camping in Victoria Falls
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 9 dinners
- 2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion (camping)
- Chobe River boat trip
- Park entry - Victoria Falls NP
- Park entry and game drives - Kruger NP
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Airport arrival transfer
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- WAS $2790* per couple, NOW $1395* per couple
- Valid for select departures 1 April - 28 December 2019
Victoria Falls - Chobe - Nata Region - Maun - Okavango Delta - Blyde River Canyon - Kruger National Park - Johannesburg
Day 1 Victoria Falls.
Welcome to Victoria Falls, one of the most spectacular natural wonders of the world Included transfer to our campsite. On Day 1 there is a pre-departure meeting at 17:00hrs.
Day 2 Victoria Falls.
Today is spent relaxing or participating in a myriad of optional excursions. Named after the famous World Heritage site and Water Falls, the town of Victoria Falls is situated on the Zambezi River and surrounded by the Victoria Falls National Park. Our campsite is conveniently situated in the centre of town, and within walking distance of the adventure booking agents, restaurants and shops. A 20 minute walk down the main road takes you to the entry point to view the falls, which are situated between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders), was named by David Livingstone on his explorations, and is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. At 1700 m wide and around 100 m high, this is the world's largest sheet of falling water and a memorable sight on any African Safari Our exciting range of optional excursions include horseback safaris, a visit to the crocodile ranch, boat cruises and golf at The Elephant Hills Resort. Adrenalin junkies can bungee from the Victoria Falls Bridge connecting Zimbabwe and Zambia or abseil down the Batoka Gorge - neither activity is for the faint hearted All year round, flights in fixed wing, micro light and ultra light aircraft or helicopters provide an aerial perspective over this magnificent World Heritage Site. White water rafting on the Zambezi is also world class.
Day 3 Victoria Falls to Chobe.
This morning we leave Victoria Falls and cross the border into Botswana, and head to Kasane on the banks of the Chobe River. Chobe is one of Botswana's premier game parks, renowned for the large herds of elephant around the river. This afternoon enjoy an included boat cruise along the river spotting the elephants and hippos.
Day 4 Nata Region.
We leave this beautiful part of Botswana behind us this morning as we depart to the lush campsite called Elephant Sands. The drive will take you through a very unpopulated landscape where the donkeys roam freely. Once we have arrived at our campsite you will have the option of partaking in a game drive or a bushwalk. Your crew will provide you with more information.
Day 5-6 Nata Region to Maun to Okavango Delta.
Maun is the starting point for the trip into the Delta and it is from here that we can set off to explore the Okavango Delta. Tonight we prepare our provisions and packs for our overnight excursion. We suggest bringing along a smaller day pack on your trip which can be used to pack the supplies needed for this short excursion. Your trip leader will brief you fully on what is needed, and what to expect prior to your trip into the Delta. The next day we take an overnight excursion into the Delta. After an early rise, we pack our expedition vehicle and from Maun we drive north for a couple of hours to reach the mokoro poler's station. The Delta region is studded with many local villages where many families live in a traditional way. Some of the villages are very remote and can only be reached by the traditional mode of transport - the Mokoro. Mokoros are dugout canoes manoeuvred through the waterways by local guides who "pole" them through the reeds. At the Mokoro station, we meet our 'Polers' and pack our supplies before heading out into the waterways. After a couple of hours along the waterways, we arrive at our mobile tented camp situated in the heart of the Okavango.
Day 7 Okavango Delta to Maun.
This morning we pack up and set off back to Maun. After our Mokoro ride and vehicle transfer, we arrive back in the afternoon and have the chance to complete our picture of the Okavango Delta by taking an optional scenic flight over the Delta (dependent on weather conditions & availability).
Day 8-9 Blyde River Canyon.
Heading out early on Day 8, we drive to the small town of Palapye, situated about halfway between Francistown and Gaborone (Botswana's capital). This popular 'stopover' town for those en route to South Africa. The following morning we cross into South Africa and continue across to our camp overlooking the impressive Blyde River Canyon. Named for the Blyde River that runs through it, the canyon is 26km long, and averages 800m deep and forms the northern edge of the impressive Drakensberg Mountain Range. The main viewpoints along the canyon are the 3 Rondavels, named for the shape of the traditional huts or houses the indigenous people of the area used to live in; and Gods Window that affords a breathtaking view across the canyon and surrounding area.
Day 10-11 Kruger National Park.
Heading through the breathtaking Panorama Route, we stop off at various viewpoints today including scenic God's Window. We pass through the small town of Graskop, and head toward the Kruger National Park and our campsite on the border of the park. Situated just 10km from Kruger's Phabeni Gate, the camp is home to Giraffe, Zebra and Hippo to name but a few. The following day we visit the amazing Kruger National Park in search of some of the 146 mammals, 500 bird, 114 reptile, 33 amphibian & 49 fish species that make this park their home. We travel in our truck along the main game viewing routes within the park and stop off at some of the camps along the way. We take a night game drive on Day 10.
Day 12 Johannesburg.
After breakfast we drive to Johannesburg. Our late afternoon arrival marks the end of our adventure.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- 2 For 1 on up-front payment only.
- Local payments may be additional on arrival..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.